Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

I'm choosing to disregard the drawing as there's no way of knowing when it was done. It could well have been kids on a dare in the spooky house afterwards. Also the alternative is too heartbreaking to think about.

Anyone in the rest of the UK, if you're on a device with iPlayer, you should be able to watch part 2 live at 10pm by selecting BBC Scotland from the channels menu. BBC iPlayer - BBC Scotland

I'm choosing to disregard the drawing as there's no way of knowing when it was done. It could well have been kids on a dare in the spooky house afterwards. Also the alternative is too heartbreaking to think about.

Anyone in the rest of the UK, if you're on a device with iPlayer, you should be able to watch part 2 live at 10pm by selecting BBC Scotland from the channels menu. BBC iPlayer - BBC Scotland
I live just over the water from
Inverkip and pass the house weekly when I’m over on the mainland where the house is you wouldn’t get youngsters hanging around to be able to get in the house , I’m convinced that drawing has been there for many years

I live just over the water from
Inverkip and pass the house weekly when I’m over on the mainland where the house is you wouldn’t get youngsters hanging around to be able to get in the house , I’m convinced that drawing has been there for many years

Yes, it could be that the drawers were put there to cover it up sometime after it was drawn.

what drawings though? I’m still having a hard time getting episode to play.

This is the drawing, low down on the wall in the room EC claimed was Margaret's bedroom - a person with the word 'HELP' beside it, shown in the last few minutes of Part 1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200108-232403_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20200108-232403_Firefox.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 26
Just finished watching this.

I lived in the next village along the coast until 2004 when I was a kid and I used to go berry picking with my mother along the road next to and outside Seacroft.

Very interesting and very sad. Can’t believe Eddie took the stand - such a shambles.

I wonder what the jury made of Eddie's Advocate comparing himself to Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird, fighting prejudice.

There's lots of other stuff to pick up on in the docu, but I was thinking "what on earth are you doing?"

The Gregory Peck comment was cringeworthy. I loved the schoolteacher witness who refused to be browbeaten by the defense lawyer

The Gregory Peck comment reminds me of a comment by the defence in the Graham Dwyer trial in Ireland - another case with no clear cause of death. The defence in that trial said George Clooney would be playing him in the film.

I loved the teacher, she wasn’t having any of it and really stood her ground insisting there was no way Margaret wrote that letter.

I don’t think it was reported at the time of the trial but the benefits form that Avril filled out stated that Margaret was making jam sandwiches with her period blood. It also stated she wouldn’t go to the doctor or see anyone. No wonder it was flagged.

The Gregory Peck comment reminds me of a comment by the defence in the Graham Dwyer trial in Ireland - another case with no clear cause of death. The defence in that trial said George Clooney would be playing him in the film.

I loved the teacher, she wasn’t having any of it and really stood her ground insisting there was no way Margaret wrote that letter.

I don’t think it was reported at the time of the trial but the benefits form that Avril filled out stated that Margaret was making jam sandwiches with her period blood. It also stated she wouldn’t go to the doctor or see anyone. No wonder it was flagged.

The things said in the benefit claim make me think they wanted to be caught, or knew the game was up and wondered how far they could push it.

The defense and AJ both virtually had their heads in their hands when EC was giving evidence, and then we saw him pushing his own wheelchair across the road and pulling it along with his feet. I think he must be the most unreliable witness I've ever seen.

I didn't get to catch the second part last night, the husband recorded it so hopefully get to watch it later tonight. Looking forward to seeing EC on the stand...

The things said in the benefit claim make me think they wanted to be caught, or knew the game was up and wondered how far they could push it.

I think it's more that they knew that the new benefits rules are tighter regarding level of disability/care needed to qualify. They over-egged the pudding to try to make sure they'd get the max amount.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back