Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

@CoverMeCagney I think it was you but apologies if not.
Did you post a map with times and sightings on?
I've just scrolled back and can't see it for looking.
I wanted to look where the river was in relation to his last sighting and direction etc.
Not that it will shed a huge amount of light, he could have been wandering for hours after the last sighting I guess

If you google 'Lewes Flea Market' and click on 'maps', that's where the last sighting was at 7.41.
The wide blue line meandering through the map is the river.

I wanted to look where the river was in relation to his last sighting and direction etc.
Not that it will shed a huge amount of light, he could have been wandering for hours after the last sighting I guess

It wasnt me but here is my attempt.

Attachments

• The Lamb of Lewes to HJGentlemen  Market Street  Lewes - Google Maps.png
    The Lamb of Lewes to HJGentlemen Market Street Lewes - Google Maps.png
    893.5 KB · Views: 39

It wasn't me, but click this link - he was last seen by a camera at HJ Gentlemen (barbers) heading south. Not near the river at all

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

When the temp in 5 degrees and under (water temp) it takes much longer for that to happen and can take weeks and months.

AFAIK below 5 degrees they don't float. Between 5-10 degrees it can take 2-3 weeks depending on various factors (fat content, food/drink consumed prior, type of clothing etc). Moo.

I'm sure you know but for those that don't, most bodies sink to the river bed.
When the decomposition is at such a stage they then float.
When the temp in 5 degrees and under (water temp) it takes much longer for that to happen and can take weeks and months.

*may be a slight discrepancy as it's off the top of my head, I'll find a link
This why I like WS one is always learning something new from fellow posters. ThankYou

MM

I'm sure you know but for those that don't, most bodies sink to the river bed.
When the decomposition is at such a stage they then float.

*may be a slight discrepancy as it's off the top of my head, I'll find a link
It’s 2 metres deep, I think when they searched it, they searched it

It’s 2 metres deep, I think when they searched it, they searched it
They’d have to know where he went in I suppose?
But imagine they’ve searched a good portion of possible entry points, yes.

it does seem more likely he’s not in the area.

They’d have to know where he went in I suppose?
But imagine they’ve searched a good portion of possible entry points, yes.

it does seem more likely he’s not in the area.
4 miles of it within the first 48 hours ( around Lewes), two weeks later a whole section further downstream expecting to recover one body, but finding two. If he is in the water it really is the most unfortunate and I want to say bizarre, of things to have not been discovered.

Market Street Sighting.
Well this is only a personal opinion with just a few thoughts.

AK left The Lamb Fisher Street at 7:16 pm both front and back entrance have a camera. One has to assume he was picked up leaving on one of these two cameras (Rightly or Wrongly)

AK was picked up on a camera opposite the Elephant & Castle at 7:19 pm the E&C has a camera covering its front door. AK was still travelling in the same direction. Again Assuming AK was picked up on the E&C camera.

AK was picked up on a camera in Market Street at 7:41pm he was now going back in the direction he came from. Basically this means he was returning from where ever he had been. Assuming I got the camera right which I think I did.

Motive for leaving Pub go and get some ciggies.

Mistake one turned left instead of right ended up at E&C

Coincidence phone ran out of battery. (Maybe)

Got his bearing or got directions made his way to Waitrose

Purchased Ciggies and tried to make his way back to the Lamb via Market Street and then perhaps Market LANE.

He appears not to turned Right onto west street which would have taken him back to the E&C as HE passed the turning in order to get captured by the Hair for Men CCTV

Got as far and passed the hair for men Camera walking towards it.

Did not get as far as the High Street as far as we know. No Camera sightings so far

If he turned right off Market STREET into Market LANE back to the Lamb he didn't get as far as the back entrance of the Lamb as far as we know.

So Armature Sleuth reckons what ever happened happened past Hair for Men and in Market LANE before the back entrance of The Lamb

All Of Course in my own humble opinion and based on the information we have so far

Cameras

Sorce from

Kent Live

Google Maps MM Sleuthing

The only other thing of interest that way is the Police Station on North Street not far from the Flea Market

Waitrose has cctv cameras all the way round the building, particularly trained on the forecourt where they have racks of plants and gardening equipment.

There's internal cameras too, one above each checkout, including the cigarette counter, and there's always a security guard at the door in the evening.

These are the reasons I don't believe he went to Waitrose.

Waitrose has cctv cameras all the way round the building, particularly trained on the forecourt where they have racks of plants and gardening equipment.

There's internal cameras too, one above each checkout, including the cigarette counter, and there's always a security guard at the door in the evening.

These are the reasons I don't believe he went to Waitrose.

Well hopefully Waitrose CCTV has been checked and not dismissed as I said a theory only. Now I am pondering if he went down North Street and visited the Police Staion to report a crime. The fact remains AK was seen heading back to the general area of ither the Lamb/The High Street/or the E&C

Cheers for the updates on Security Cameras as I say hopefully Waitrose has been checked .

MingyMoo

My gut feeling is that he was trying to get to train station after last sighting on market Street and became very lost and disoriented due to being so drunk. Maybe he got on a bus or in a taxi and randomly got off in the middle of nowhere. But you'd think the driver might report that sighting. Maybe he wandered for a time and ended up near the river or somewhere somewhat remote. I still wouldn't discount the possibility of foul play, it happens, recently a man in Manchester was given a life sentence for picking up drunk young men, taking them home and abusing them, over 190 victims! Didn't murder or abduct anyone but that's not to say it couldn't happen.

If ak not found within next two weeks or so I think foul play a strong possibility, though there has been odd incidents of accidents not being discovered for a long time so who knows. I'm surprised they're not doing anymore searches to be honest.

4 miles of it within the first 48 hours ( around Lewes), two weeks later a whole section further downstream expecting to recover one body, but finding two. If he is in the water it really is the most unfortunate and I want to say bizarre, of things to have not been discovered.

Could you quote a source for this please?

I don't recall two bodies being found and I've followed the news quite closely.

On top of the water searches and I haven’t seen it mentioned here- but they had a Boxing Day hunt with horses and dogs all over Lewes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised they're not doing anymore searches to be honest.

Me too! In many mp cases once LE stops searching family and friends organize private searches. Surprised this is not happening here.

@Ruthbullock you don't have to answer posts and questions if you don't want. No need to get upset.

I do not think it’s possible to leave Lewes without being seen on cctv unless your in a vehicle

Being seen on CCTV and being identified on CCTV are two different scenarios. It is possible to leave anywhere without being seen, a person can blend in very easily with intent. Look at how many people are in the CCTV clips in this case who walk past not even facing the cameras.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back