Found Deceased OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, 20, North Plains, 22 Dec 2019

I’m new here, but I live in the town that Allyson is from and have become very interested in this case.

We all know that many things in this case don’t add up. One thing in particular that bothers me is her Facebook page. She had a habit of posting regularly, sometimes multiple times a day. Then, she completely stopped posting towards the beginning of a November. After about a month of no posts, in mid December she posted a picture of herself with the caption “The way things got to be”. Several people thought that post seemed weird, and I agree. Even weirder, as of the past day or so, that post seems to have been deleted. Who would have deleted it, and why??

I’m new here, but I live in the town that Allyson is from and have become very interested in this case.

We all know that many things in this case don’t add up. One thing in particular that bothers me is her Facebook page. She had a habit of posting regularly, sometimes multiple times a day. Then, she completely stopped posting towards the beginning of a November. After about a month of no posts, in mid December she posted a picture of herself with the caption “The way things got to be”. Several people thought that post seemed weird, and I agree. Even weirder, as of the past day or so, that post seems to have been deleted. Who would have deleted it, and why??

It looks like someone (hopefully LE) set it to private or locked on the timeline itself, but because it was a profile pic post, if you click her profile photo itself it brings the post up Allysön Watterson

Here is the unmodified version of that photo Allysön Watterson

If anyone other than LE is modifying her FB settings, LE will know and can trace the activity to a device and IP.

Still stuck on this statement by LE
https://nypost.com/2019/12/29/no-ev...-disappeared-on-hike-with-boyfriend-deputies/
Washington County Sheriff’s Office said there was a 30-hour delay between the time Watterson was last seen and when her boyfriend’s father, Don Garland, reported her missing to authorities.

His father told deputies that he and his son spent the day looking for Watterson to no avail.

“We’ve never been able to verify this narrative,” Deputy Brian van Kleef said in a press release.

Van Kleef said the men were reluctant to file a report because there were multiple outstanding warrants for Benjamin’s arrest. He was arrested Tuesday on charges unrelated to Watterson’s disappearance and pleaded not guilty in Washington County court.

Easy to imagine B killing her, getting the truck stuck, wandering through the woods in the rain and dark untl he finds the road, crawls into the unlocked car to sleep off the exhaustion and drugs, phone is dead so he can't call anyone, man finds him in the morning and his lie begins. He goes home and confesses to his dad who goes into preservation mode because B is already in a mountain of shˆt. So in this theory he decides to help him - brings him back out to the area and spends hours with B trying to relocate the body. Say they do, and dispose of it. Now dad thinks, we've got to report her missing, they'll know she was with B, and dealing with the probation violations is the least of the problems. I suppose it could have gone down like that but it just seems like dad doesn't gain a single thing by doing that and just puts himself at insane risk. I also wonder how would LE verify they were out looking for her or not? No matter what, they were doing something that day. I wish we knew where he was picked up. He does not live anywhere near where he was found.

Also how recently had he shaved his head? Was it like that when he was last seen with Allyson?

Last edited:
JAN 8, 2020
Washington County deputies briefly resume search for Allyson Watterson near North Plains
[...]

Deputy Brian van Kleef said crews began searching the area around 5 p.m. Wednesday and ended their search about two hours later.

He wouldn’t elaborate on the tips they were following but said they didn’t find what they were looking for during Wednesday’s search.

Van Kleef said at this point, the case is still considered a missing persons investigation and not a criminal case.

[...]

Welcome to Websleuths, JET2020. :)

One thing we've learned is that Allyson was without a phone for some (unknown amount) of time until her mother gave her the one she received from someone at the restaurant where she worked. MOO

I'm entering this discussion late. I do have a question, and it has been possibly answered all ready. Does any one know if B has explained why he and Allyson ended up separated in the woods? Did it have to do with B going to get help for car trouble as reported in a couple articles in MSM? Or were they hiking and possibly had an argument?

Rosemary Reynolds on Twitter
A tip led Washington County Sheriff's deputies back out to North Plains to look for Allyson Watterson. Unfortunately they did not find anything last night. Meantime her family prepares for an event tomorrow night. @WCSOOregon
EN3Bs67UUAAW1fD.jpg

10:31 AM - 9 Jan 2020

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/mo...lyson-watterson-who-disappeared-when-n1111556

This article from 1/6 states that AW was wearing BG's boots and BG was in socks when they knocked on the door and borrowed the homeowner's phone, and said that Allyson had lost her boots. She was allegedly wearing Calvin Klein boots (article linked in the first post of this thread), which, in my mind, probably had a heel and were dress boots with a slick sole, not hiking boots, and I think it's possible that she may have broken the heel or it just became too uncomfortable to walk in them anymore, which is why BG gave her his shoes and was only wearing socks on his feet when he was found sleeping in a truck. They probably pitched the old boots off the side of the road, which may have been one of the clues reportedly found by LE early in the investigation. MOO.

"The Washington County Sheriff’s Office returned to the search area north of North Plains after receiving “various tips and leads.” Deputies did not find what they were looking for Wednesday night and do not plan on returning to the area Thursday morning."

Deputies search again for Allyson Watterson after ‘various tips and leads’

Shaking head. Wondering what kind of evidence would be so clearly visible in the dark that it would not warrant another search in the light of day.

I'm entering this discussion late. I do have a question, and it has been possibly answered all ready. Does any one know if B has explained why he and Allyson ended up separated in the woods? Did it have to do with B going to get help for car trouble as reported in a couple articles in MSM? Or were they hiking and possibly had an argument?
That's three questions, lol. :p
  1. We don't know if BG has provided LE with an explanation as to how he and AW became separated.
  2. LE stated that there was no broken-down car.
  3. Initial reports were that they were hiking but LE doesn't believe that. They very well could have had an argument but we just don't know.
MOO

Mother refuses to give up search for daughter Allyson Watterson who disappeared when she became separated from boyfriend in Oregon woods

This article from 1/6 states that AW was wearing BG's boots and BG was in socks when they knocked on the door and borrowed the homeowner's phone, and said that Allyson had lost her boots. She was allegedly wearing Calvin Klein boots (article linked in the first post of this thread), which, in my mind, probably had a heel and were dress boots with a slick sole, not hiking boots, and I think it's possible that she may have broken the heel or it just became too uncomfortable to walk in them anymore, which is why BG gave her his shoes and was only wearing socks on his feet when he was found sleeping in a truck. They probably pitched the old boots off the side of the road, which may have been one of the clues reportedly found by LE early in the investigation. MOO.
That's very interesting. I remember posting this article in the media thread, but not the part about the socks and boots. I checked the post there and that sentence wasn't there initially. I wonder when they added it? o_O

I think you could be right that searchers found the boots.

Thanks for finding this. I added the revised paragraph to the media thread. MOO

It looks like someone (hopefully LE) set it to private or locked on the timeline itself, but because it was a profile pic post, if you click her profile photo itself it brings the post up Allysön Watterson

Here is the unmodified version of that photo Allysön Watterson

If anyone other than LE is modifying her FB settings, LE will know and can trace the activity to a device and IP.

Still stuck on this statement by LE
https://nypost.com/2019/12/29/no-ev...-disappeared-on-hike-with-boyfriend-deputies/
Washington County Sheriff’s Office said there was a 30-hour delay between the time Watterson was last seen and when her boyfriend’s father, Don Garland, reported her missing to authorities.

His father told deputies that he and his son spent the day looking for Watterson to no avail.

“We’ve never been able to verify this narrative,” Deputy Brian van Kleef said in a press release.

Van Kleef said the men were reluctant to file a report because there were multiple outstanding warrants for Benjamin’s arrest. He was arrested Tuesday on charges unrelated to Watterson’s disappearance and pleaded not guilty in Washington County court.

Easy to imagine B killing her, getting the truck stuck, wandering through the woods in the rain and dark untl he finds the road, crawls into the unlocked car to sleep off the exhaustion and drugs, phone is dead so he can't call anyone, man finds him in the morning and his lie begins. He goes home and confesses to his dad who goes into preservation mode because B is already in a mountain of shˆt. So in this theory he decides to help him - brings him back out to the area and spends hours with B trying to relocate the body. Say they do, and dispose of it. Now dad thinks, we've got to report her missing, they'll know she was with B, and dealing with the probation violations is the least of the problems. I suppose it could have gone down like that but it just seems like dad doesn't gain a single thing by doing that and just puts himself at insane risk. I also wonder how would LE verify they were out looking for her or not? No matter what, they were doing something that day. I wish we knew where he was picked up. He does not live anywhere near where he was found.

Also how recently had he shaved his head? Was it like that when he was last seen with Allyson?

are the people commenting on her Facebook just friends?

1. We don't know if BG has provided LE with an explanation as to how he and AW became separated.
  3. Initial reports were that they were hiking but LE doesn't believe that. They very well could have had an argument but we just don't know.
MOO
LOL okay, more than one question. Thank you for the info, I'm still trying to piece the whole thing together.:)

MOO
Is there any way the broken down car is the stolen vehicle police have reported and are charging him with?

Losing shoes and getting separated honestly just makes me wonder what substance(s) they were on. There are several that might lead to losing a shoe or two and one’s way in the midst of the woods, in the dark.
This is such a strange case.

NORTH PLAINS, Ore. (KOIN) — Another private search will begin at 9 a.m. Friday for Allyson Watterson, the 20-year-old missing in the North Plains area since December 22.

Volunteers will meet in North Plains near the McDonald’s off Highway 26.

Later, at 7:30 p.m., a candlelight vigil for Allyson will be held at Jessie Mays Community Park on NW Hillcrest Street in North Plains."

Private search, candlelight vigil set for Allyson Watterson

Mother refuses to give up search for daughter Allyson Watterson who disappeared when she became separated from boyfriend in Oregon woods

Then homeowner in North Plains spoke to deputies and Allyson's mother, telling them that Allyson and Allyson’s boyfriend, Benjamin Hunter Garland, knocked on her door and asked to use the phone because their vehicle broke down. She said Ben was barefoot, wearing only socks, and had given his shoes to Allyson, who said she lost hers. After making the phone call, the homeowner said the couple left and was last seen walking down Old Pumpkin Ridge Road.

I have also seen the rumor her boots were found in one of the initial LE searches. I initially imagined they were the CK Jeans combat boot style and she took them off because they got wet, but you're right, if she was wearing one of the heeled bootie styles, she probably lost them because she couldn't walk through that terrain in them, or they had to cross a wet area. If this witness is telling the truth, it really supports BG's story.

Shaking head. Wondering what kind of evidence would be so clearly visible in the dark that it would not warrant another search in the light of day.

There are a lot of reasons for searching in the dark or at a specific time, but in general, flashlights are better than overcast daylight as they allow for control, focus and direct light at a number of angles. Try going into a room in your house and look at the floor. It will look more or less clean, hopefully. Then turn all the lights out and light a flashlight - you'll see fingerprints, the glint of shiny objects, dust and other detail you normally don't.

are the people commenting on her Facebook just friends?

I've never understood why strangers think its appropriate to comment on a missing's FB posts. Imagine how weird that would be for her if she turns up alive and well.

Is there any way the broken down car is the stolen vehicle police have reported and are charging him with?

I believe they are the same - so we have two trucks, Truck #1 = stolen and crashed/ditched, Truck #2 = BG found sleeping in

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back