OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you so much!
I had not seen this presser.
It's really helpful to get LE's early statements outlining some of the details.
Especially since they've now decided to release NO new information.

I think an outside agency, probably the FBI, advised Chief Hickman that he should stop releasing details re: LE's investigative activities to the public.

JMO.

Last edited:
I found this super timely, hot-off-the-press article:

The Boys Who Wear Shorts All Winter

Tyler Wood, 31, remembers wearing shorts all winter in snowy Boulder, Colorado, as a middle-schooler. He did it partly because he wanted to look like a member of Blink-182 every day of the year, partly because he was convinced his newly sprouting leg hair would keep him warm, and partly because his mother begged him to put on something more sensible. That last one, he added, might have been a key factor: “I think it probably had to do with the age,” he said. “Having a little more personal agency, and a little of that ‘You can’t make me’” attitude.

With the benefit of hindsight, Wood now admits that it also “might have been a little bit of an attention thing.” Other kids would warn him that he’d freeze at recess, and Wood got a small thrill out of retorting, “Oh, definitely not. I love wearing shorts.” After a while, though, he recalled, wearing shorts when it was cold out became something he had to keep doing simply because he was already known as the Boy Who Wears Shorts. “There were days that got below zero”—when wearing pants would have been nice—“but it wasn’t even really a choice at that point,” he remembered with a laugh. “It’s like, if you’re going to wear shorts when it’s 30 degrees out, you have to be ready when it’s -10. This is your time to shine!”

[/quote]

osu,
Thank you!
I had seen yesterday where they called off the search and was wondering about that. I know a LOT of people have searched in difficult weather with the thought of "they are out in it, I can be also just to find them" So, I am glad to see that the search is back on. I wish I were in the area so I could help out, sadly I'm in Illinois.
Sending luck and prayers to all searchers.
Adding a little luck of the Irish with my icon image (Celtic Trinity Knot which means Hope, Love and Faith)

Weekend Search For Harley Dilly Back On
January 9, 2020

The volunteer search for Harley Dilly is back on after being canceled for anticipated bad weather this weekend.

The search for the missing 14-year-old boy will start this Saturday at 9 am at 1100 East Perry Street in Port Clinton.

14-year-old Harley Dilly, of Port Clinton, hasn’t been seen since December 20th, when he left for school.

His case is gaining national attention and thousands of flyers with information on his disappearance have been distributed across the country.

A reward of more than $18,000 is being offered for information on his disappearance.

Weekend Search For Harley Dilly Back On - WFIN

I was looking at the Ohio Attorney General's page for missing children. Harley is there. So, so many.....so many.

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...o-Missing-Persons/All-Missing-Persons?page=11

This makes my heart hurt. I was looking at the ages and dates, there are a few 14 y/o's that went missing 2 days before Harley. My thoughts and prayers go to all their families at this time. IDK what this world is coming to with all these missing babies. Yes I say babies even though they are teens b/c I'm 38 and I am old enough to be the Mom of these missing children. My oldest is 18 and my heart is breaking for all of these families.

This makes my heart hurt. I was looking at the ages and dates, there are a few 14 y/o's that went missing 2 days before Harley. My thoughts and prayers go to all their families at this time. IDK what this world is coming to with all these missing babies. Yes I say babies even though they are teens b/c I'm 38 and I am old enough to be the Mom of these missing children. My oldest is 18 and my heart is breaking for all of these families.
I was looking for any pattern around the time Harley disappeared. Most of the kids are older and seem to fall squarely in the runaway category, or so it would seem.

I usually land on a solid speculation fairly early in a case. Not with Harley; I'm baffled. There are strong indicators pointing in a certain nefarious direction, but yet I can't commit to that position. As I posted upthread, logic and statistics suggest that Harley is no longer amongst the living. Yet, something keeps gnawing at me, defying that sad conclusion. Despite all indicators otherwise, I really do think there is a possibility he is alive and in hiding. If this remote possibility is accurate, I think he doesn't know how to get back home given all the attention his case has been given. Harley needs a way, a path back home.

Amateur speculation and opinion

I was looking for any pattern around the time Harley disappeared. Most of the kids are older and seem to fall squarely in the runaway category, or so it would seem.

I usually land on a solid speculation fairly early in a case. Not with Harley; I'm baffled. There are strong indicators pointing in a certain nefarious direction, but yet I can't commit to that position. As I posted upthread, logic and statistics suggest that Harley is no longer amongst the living. Yet, something keeps gnawing at me, defying that sad conclusion. Despite all indicators otherwise, I really do think there is a possibility he is alive and in hiding. If this remote possibility is accurate, I think he doesn't know how to get back home given all the attention his case has been given. Harley needs a way, a path back home.

Amateur speculation and opinion
I believe in miracles. ❤️

As I'm sure others at WS have, I went "walking" around Port Clinton on the Street View, leaving from Harley's house.

I have to wonder if he met with a fatal accident while going to meet someone. To me, fatal accident or foul play are the two most likely events, with accident more likely IMO. There are so many dangerous and isolated places within an easy walk, sadly.

I think if alive and free, he would have been online by now and someone would have known it.

Although I stand with our women and men in blue and veterans, before I catch up on this thread, we have asked before what we as parents would do differently in this particular case.
So now I’m going to ask what we would do if this was the status of our missing child’s case? I applaud LE always but I simply cannot understand the lack of info etc. sadly it’s beginning to remind me of the lack of disclosure in the Delphi murders. I can’t stand much more of this and if it were my child missing I would be demanding something more even if that’s only what information I could acquire through my own resources. Ugh
So frustrating!

I’m not victim bashing, forgive me if this comes off that way. My home life growing up was similar because my Mom would call the police to my home whenever we argued and it began at this age. My Mom was manipulative and gaslighted me so when she would involve the police it was after she worked me up so much and used it as a threat to show her power. When the police came she was the victim and I was the out of control teen. It was awful. I am not saying that’s the case here, but it seems a bit excessive to have the police involved so often and for that reason.
I would spend as much time away from her as I could, seems the case with Harley too. So the fights would only occur whenever we were forced to be together. I hated the holiday breaks because my friends with normal families would be busy, there was no escape of school and I would be forced to be with her. I can see him wanting to flee...I also was very open to strangers because anyone was better than the monster I lived with.
Just my opinion
ETA- I had a sister who was 13 years young than me. Before her, I was an only child. It didn’t bother me that she was there because it took the attention off of me, which was appreciated. I adored her too.
I have posted before that no matter how bad things may have gotten I do not understand a family that calls the cops so many times on a young teenage boy especially when the father is present and able bodied and able minded. I will never get this family dynamic because leaving your kid alone outside in the cold without a phone to contact you and never verifying with friends or neighbors his whereabouts or whether it is ok that he stay with you for any given period or longer is beyond me. It makes zero sense IMO

heather, harleys mom, did mention to LE that sometimes if there was a dispute harley would go to a friends house to get away for awhile sometimes overnight. i'm wondering if whenever these situations happened if she would call around to locate harley and ask the parent if it was ok that harley was there or if she just assumed/expected harley was somewhere and would return at some point. thursday night when harley was at a friends house and a parent told him to go home at 7pm was that because one of harleys parents called the friends home and asked them to send harley home or was it just the friends parent saying for harley to go home? on friday night at 7pm it had been about 12 hours since the disagreement about going to school so based on the previous cooling off time spells harley should have been all cooled off. so when he was not there i wonder if harleys parents called around or maybe they just assumed he would come back at some point. i'd guess they just assumed because if they had called around on friday night and no one reported seeing him then that should have raised concerns. i'm wondering if a parent not doing something might affect the eventual outcome.
I would like to believe that mom or someone checks on Harley and determines whether or not he is safe at friend’s house and if he needs to come home. Although if they were out to dinner without him why would you not request that Harley stay there for an additional 30 to 45 minutes or however long it would take you to get there, retrieve him and take him home in a safe manner? Again it makes zero sense and I will never buy the it’s because he is a male and we should be less concerned. My first child was a boy and I fretted more over what might happen to him than I did my daughter. Abuses against boys may be less obvious than girls but it never makes the situation less likely IMO

I have posted before that no matter how bad things may have gotten I do not understand a family that calls the cops so many times on a young teenage boy especially when the father is present and able bodied and able minded. I will never get this family dynamic because leaving your kid alone outside in the cold without a phone to contact you and never verifying with friends or neighbors his whereabouts or whether it is ok that he stay with you for any given period or longer is beyond me. It makes zero sense IMO

You are normal, like most people. This is a total dysfunctional family. She reiterates "I spoke to him I didn't see him, there is a difference between speaking to him and seeing him" Maybe he never came home Thursday night, she spoke to him on the phone Friday morning and maybe she doesn't remember because they were having a few cocktails Thursday night and she is too embarrassed to say that to the public. She was in bed when he went to school? what mother doesn't get up to see their child off too school? even if not feeling well, they get up. A dysfunctional mother doesn't get up. She doesn't even say he came over and kissed me goodbye when I was in bed? What happened? he yelled in to the bedroom like he often did because she couldn't get up? They call the police on a 14 year old because they don't know how to parent and use tough love. I think he was the only adult in the house. His mom's FB video was all about her and not him. The next time I saw her she spoke publicly pleading about Harley, yet I never saw one tear. Please know I am not bashing her and her pain may be real, and I do not think and hope they are not responsible for his disappearance. Dysfunctional people parent the best way they can but quite often it doesn't offer much for a child. Dysfunctional people don't lie to lie but they don't know how to tell the truth and they twist a story to suit themselves. SO when you question like we all do, how could she not? that is a "dysfunction".

Just looking at this family picture I am thinking and hoping he went with someone else looking for a way out and a better life with someone looking after him that won't put him in harms way. At least that is what I want for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members