Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What witness hires a defense attorney? A smart one! This witness has been suspected trashed on SM. Innocent or not, she’s gots e scared to death!!! If you think LE never overlooked the rights of witnesses, You are mistaken. If she’s innocent, it’s a comfort that someone is looking out for her.

I agree completely. This young lady, who is grieving a significant loss in her life, has been absolutely trashed all over social media and has received death threats. I'm glad to see she's getting some advice from one of the best criminal attorneys in Birmingham. I also don't think Tommy Spina would represent that LE told him there is no evidence that she was involved unless that had actually occurred.

Thanks for sharing. That's one thing that nagged at me, that even if they didn't talk at all before one of them left that they'd communicate somehow about the ride.
If I saw anyone I had driven leaving for any reason I'd at least text them "how are you getting home?"
Also, we don't know how close Paighton and this coworker are, but the fact they met at a house and rode together indicates to me that they were friendlier than the usual "going out for drinks" after work.

But there's certainly a lot that happened that we don't know, and nothing we do know definitively points to *any* POI.

All jmo

Edited for typos

Last edited:
The only downside to this is for families with loved ones dead in which there seems to be no passionate hearsay and noise on Social Media that I ascertain their families would welcome to bring about much needed attention to a cold case. Arouse the public's interest and perhaps more interest on Websleuths of passionate posters demanding answers and giving their opinions to help solve other disturbing and sad cases.

With the mentioned of drugs and the area, it reminded me of a serial killer case at first that is cold and dead in Lumberton, NC. 3 women found dead in a span of a couple of weeks, 2 in trash cans, and another in a trap house, which the female cop who was witness to the scene mentioned it was the most gruesome of crime scenes she has yet to come across.

These young ladies had little to no chance from the beginning, imo. There is also another deceased months prior and 2 found disposed of a few years earlier from another area. And, one young lady still missing, supposedly got into a vehicle in broad daylight, and vanished into thin air.

Imo, if these young women were from an upper to middle class, perhaps more passionate noisy social media persons would be chattering non stop to perhaps drop some clues.

I agree completely. This young lady, who is grieving a significant loss in her life, has been absolutely trashed all over social media and has received death threats. I'm glad to see she's getting some advice from one of the best criminal attorneys in Birmingham. I also don't think Tommy Spina would represent that LE told him there is no evidence that she was involved unless that had actually occurred.
The day I start trusting the words that come out of any attorney's mouth....well, that will be the day. It wouldn't shock me if the statement wasn't a put up or shut up challenge to LE to bring out what they know about E's involvement. Also...nothing like the word "scintila" to stick in the mind of a potential juror as well.

She is a witness and nothing more and I have been assured by law enforcement that there is not one “scintilla of evidence“ connecting Grace to any crime being investigated.

Scintilla? I personally would butt kick out the door a hired attorney using this word and this entire statement is disturbing to me...I cannot be clear to the exact reason. So, little to nothing was mentioned by this criminal lawyer about the anxiety, fear, and pain, that PH must have endured, before being placed in a muddy grave.

LE is not always forward with showing all their cards. I remember when they swore up and down to the 'BTK Killer,' he was safe and gaurded to send some floppy disks. Oops, they lied.

Still not buying it either, something is off , but if there weren't two heavy set Black men BH LE should make that clear, I mean QUICKLY and I still think the lack of info or something on these two is TELLING .

Still not buying it either, something is off , but if there weren't two heavy set Black men BH LE should make that clear, I mean QUICKLY and I still think the lack of info or something on these two is TELLING .

If for no other reason than for public safety. Are there two dangerous men on the loose or not? Imo

What witness hires a defense attorney? A smart one! This witness has been suspected trashed on SM. Innocent or not, she’s gots e scared to death!!! If you think LE never overlooked the rights of witnesses, You are mistaken. If she’s innocent, it’s a comfort that someone is looking out for her.
I really don't have an opinion one way or another yet about this person but I agree wholeheartedly, that she most certainly needs legal representation right now. Hiring a lawyer will always look suspicious to some, but it's the smartest thing you can do if you're being accused of something illegal, whether you did it or not.

moo

I really don't have an opinion one way or another yet about this person but I agree wholeheartedly, that she most certainly needs legal representation right now. Hiring a lawyer will always look suspicious to some, but it's the smartest thing you can do if you're being accused of something illegal, whether you did it or not.

moo
BBM
I think you are right she most certainly does but not for the same reason .

ADMIN WARNING

Another massive, time-consuming cleanup has been necessary in this thread.

ALL members, both new and veteran members, are required to familiarize themselves with The Rules and post in accordance them. (Brand spanking new members get a bit of a break.)

There is now ZERO TOLERANCE for members bringing rumors / hearsay to this thread. Thread reply bans and/or full board TOs will be issued without Warning.

If you see a rumor post or response that has been overlooked in the cleanup, please do not respond to it but Report it immediately and we will get to it as soon as possible.

Thread is open again.

Last edited:
ADMIN WARNING

Another massive, time-consuming cleanup has been necessary in this thread.

ALL members, both new and veteran members, are required to familiarize themselves with The Rules and post in accordance them.

There is now ZERO TOLERANCE for members bringing rumors / hearsay to this thread. Thread reply bans and/or full board TOs will be issued without Warning.

If you see a rumor post or response that has been overlooked in the cleanup, please do not respond to it but Report it immediately and we will get to it as soon as possible.

Thread is open again.

Thank you for the clean up. It's greatly appreciated.

Listen to the Alabama’s Morning News with JT Episode - The Latest on the Paighton Houston Investigation on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio

I think this counts as approved news source. I found this interview with AL.com's newsreporter, Carol Robinson very interesting.

She's been reporting on this case and it seems to think she believes there were two men. I wonder if that is the case, why have no arrests been made yet?

Others have surmised that possibly the arrests have happened but have not been publicized b/c they are waiting until after Friday when PH is laid to rest. Is that common protocol for LE, and if so, why?

Carol...this would be the same reporter who said PH was wrapped in “sheets”, which, if she was attempting to quote from the earlier interview, we know “cloth” was the word used.

Did we ever confirm that “sheets” was in fact her loose interpretation, or did we ascertain that this was new information?

I get busy and miss a day and I’m two threads behind. I’m not even sure what the discussion is right now, a friend hiring an attorney and getting death threats. I don’t know from what I’ve read if we are talking about the co-worker she went out with or the friend who got the text from PH that something wasn’t right, she was in trouble.

Anywho, I don’t have time to read the past two threads. Just glad discussion is still open for PH and getting justice for her is important now.

And I’m glad we have mods that make us follow the rules. Too bad we can’t just do that on our own. IMO

If for no other reason than for public safety. Are there two dangerous men on the loose or not? Imo

Given that they were unable to determine the COD from the autopsy, and in light of PH's history, I suspect LE believes she OD'ed. While someone may be criminally responsible for burying her body and/or providing her with the drugs, I doubt they think there are two men (or anyone else) who intentionally killed her. This is my opinion only.

Given that they were unable to determine the COD from the autopsy, and in light of PH's history, I suspect LE believes she OD'ed. While someone may be criminally responsible for burying her body and/or providing her with the drugs, I doubt they think there are two men (or anyone else) who intentionally killed her. This is my opinion only.

I doubt they think so too, which why I feel they should come right out and tell the public whether or not they should be concerned for their own safety. They haven't said either way. Imo

Maybe it does not add up, because in their minds she would never do such a thing but we all know our parents don't know what we are up to. If she was inebriated and did not have a friend with her, she may have most likely left with them. This may end up being much more similar to the Spurlock case, where the friend left and she had to fend for herself intoxicated. MOO
It’s not just her parents, I cannot find one comment by anyone who knew Paighton, including close friends, that imply in any way this is her character, only the opposite.
I know addicts that don’t do drugs with random people, or in “trap houses”, or turn tricks for drugs.
I know addicts who are “cautious”, as Paighton’s friend described her, they have a close inner circle they use with and are too paranoid about protecting their lifestyle to veer from that.
These addicts I know are middle to upper class, money gives them some protection and privileges in their addiction that keep them from the desperation to get drugs that would lead them to leave with strangers to do drugs in a trap house. Drugs, including heroin, are regularly available in nice towns and lily white suburbs.
moo
Maybe I’m wrong and Paighton had a reputation and history of running with a crowd outside of her community and hanging out in abandoned houses doing drugs, but I don’t see any evidence of that.

It’s not just her parents, I cannot find one comment by anyone who knew Paighton, including close friends, that imply in any way this is her character, only the opposite.
I know addicts that don’t do drugs with random people, or in “trap houses”, or turn tricks for drugs.
I know addicts who are “cautious”, as Paighton’s friend described her, they have a close inner circle they use with and are too paranoid about protecting their lifestyle to veer from that.
These addicts I know are middle to upper class, money gives them some protection and privileges in their addiction that keep them from the desperation to get drugs that would lead them to leave with strangers to do drugs in a trap house. Drugs are regularly available in nice towns and lily white suburbs.
moo
Maybe I’m wrong and Paighton had a reputation and history of running with a crowd outside of her community and hanging out in abandoned houses doing drugs, but I don’t see any evidence of that.

Thank you for addressing this about Paighton and addicts in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail