Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Addiction (to anything) does not discriminate. I have firsthand experience with this and know that there are others here who do as well. I know PH was a recovering addict. I’m just not buying that her addiction had anything to do with this-yet. Something seems off about it.

It’s not just her parents, I cannot find one comment by anyone who knew Paighton, including close friends, that imply in any way this is her character, only the opposite.
I know addicts that don’t do drugs with random people, or in “trap houses”, or turn tricks for drugs.
I know addicts who are “cautious”, as Paighton’s friend described her, they have a close inner circle they use with and are too paranoid about protecting their lifestyle to veer from that.
These addicts I know are middle to upper class, money gives them some protection and privileges in their addiction that keep them from the desperation to get drugs that would lead them to leave with strangers to do drugs in a trap house. Drugs, including heroin, are regularly available in nice towns and lily white suburbs.
moo
Maybe I’m wrong and Paighton had a reputation and history of running with a crowd outside of her community and hanging out in abandoned houses doing drugs, but I don’t see any evidence of that.
There are definitely, higher classed addicts then the ones everyone thinks of in crack houses. Doctors daughters, CEOs daughters. They don’t hang with the dangerous people, they hang with friends they get high with and do drugs with. I know lots of them.

I know saying a “higher class addict” sounds like an oxymoron but think about the celebrities who have had addiction issues. They have money and can get whatever they want in the way of drugs, and they do their drugs in their mansions. IME

Weird thought, can you get DNA off drugs? If someone touched heroin or fentanyl, would they leave their DNA on it? Just wondering.
Some drugs would. Black tar heroin is sticky and if some were left behind (unlikely) then I absolutely think you could get touch DNA from it. Otherwise the baggies, balloons, spoons, syringes, all the paraphernalia will have it.

Does anyone know how much clean time PH had? And were there any reports of her drinking or intoxicated at the Tin Roof that night? Just wondering. Goes to her frame off mind.
I don’t think we really have any confirmation on clean time. We know when her article was shared from the place she got sober, but I don’t believe we have had any confirmation on whether she was truly sober, or just not using heroin. If she was indeed going to a bar for drinks (which I take to mean alcohol), then we know she was no longer clean.

ETA: none of which means she deserved to die, obviously. It only makes sense to wonder if she had been drinking as it was reported she “went to a bar for drinks”. The delayed COD again opens the door to some sort of toxicology finding. It is only natural to wonder if her past (or current, we really don’t know) addiction history came into play.

Last edited:
There are definitely, higher classed addicts then the ones everyone thinks of in crack houses. Doctors daughters, CEOs daughters. They don’t hang with the dangerous people, they hang with friends they get high with and do drugs with. I know lots of them.

I know saying a “higher class addict” sounds like an oxymoron but think about the celebrities who have had addiction issues. They have money and can get whatever they want in the way of drugs, and they do their drugs in their mansions. IME
That is one of the dirty secrete reasons medical insurance has increased so much since the 1970s - rehab for corporate executives' family members. MOO
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not just her parents, I cannot find one comment by anyone who knew Paighton, including close friends, that imply in any way this is her character, only the opposite.
I know addicts that don’t do drugs with random people, or in “trap houses”, or turn tricks for drugs.
I know addicts who are “cautious”, as Paighton’s friend described her, they have a close inner circle they use with and are too paranoid about protecting their lifestyle to veer from that.
These addicts I know are middle to upper class, money gives them some protection and privileges in their addiction that keep them from the desperation to get drugs that would lead them to leave with strangers to do drugs in a trap house. Drugs, including heroin, are regularly available in nice towns and lily white suburbs.
moo
Maybe I’m wrong and Paighton had a reputation and history of running with a crowd outside of her community and hanging out in abandoned houses doing drugs, but I don’t see any evidence of that.
I 100% agree. I was cautious. I never ended up in a trap, or turning tricks, or arrested. I was lucky that I had a drive/work ethic that supplied the funds I needed to stay well and could afford somewhere to live. From all outward appearances, I was a normal SoCal college kid living in paradise...on the inside though, I was dead. If one could get close enough to me back then, and I’m sure it was obvious.

That being said, when we are high/drunk whatever, our decision making is so affected, addict or not. So I can’t rule out that if she was intoxicated, that she didn’t make a bad decision. I made many, cautious and paranoid though I was.

Last edited:
I don’t think we really have any confirmation on clean time. We know when her article was shared from the place she got sober, but I don’t believe we have had any confirmation on whether she was truly sober, or just not using heroin. If she was indeed going to a bar for drinks (which I take to mean alcohol), then we know she was no longer clean.
Exactly, no longer clean. And if she was drinking, with an addictive personality, she may have drank addictively. That’s what addicts do, cross addict. So that may have hindered her ability to realize dangers there were around her.

I don’t know if she was clean or not, but if she was imbibing, which we don’t know, it could have affected decision making. This isn’t victim blaming, this is taking known facts of this case and applying them to scenarios that could be why she was missing and is now deceased. The fact she is deceased, so,etching went terribly wrong. IMO

Someone had mentioned upstream LE finding her body the night before then coming back the next day to do the exhumation. Do we know this to be the case for certain? Tia, still behind.
Yes and no, I’ll look for an article. But I believe that the dogs hit on a spot, and they waited until morning to dig.

I 100% agree. I was cautious. I never ended up in a trap, or turning tricks, or arrested. I was lucky that I had a drive/work ethic that supplied the funds I needed to stay well and could afford somewhere to live. From all outward appearances, I was a normal SoCal college kid living in paradise...

That being said, when we are high/drunk whatever, our decision making is so affected, addict or not. So I can’t rule out that if she was intoxicated, that she didn’t make a bad decision. I made many, cautious and paranoid though I was.
I’m not ruling anything out, I don’t know what happened, there are so many possibilities and little confirmed facts, not even a time of death, which surely they know by now, and would give us something to speculate on for days.
It looks like LE doesn’t think they need our help, I’m guessing they already know most of what happened and are just working on those involved now, and making sure they have enough evidence for convictions on whatever charges are appropriate.

Carol...this would be the same reporter who said PH was wrapped in “sheets”, which, if she was attempting to quote from the earlier interview, we know “cloth” was the word used.

Did we ever confirm that “sheets” was in fact her loose interpretation, or did we ascertain that this was new information?
I am not a fan of "Carol" right now LOL per some of her reporting on this case. JMO

Bravo. Rest in Peace, Miss Paighton.
Regardless of how she met her demise, she deserved much better in life, and in death. I'm just glad she was found. Wondering if your child is alive or not must be a pain like no other.
One of my best friend's son is still missing. The wondering is a heartache that does not go away.
so, yes, Im glad Paighton was found, for her family's sake.

Someone had mentioned upstream LE finding her body the night before then coming back the next day to do the exhumation. Do we know this to be the case for certain? Tia, still behind.
It was publicly announced no body found. They were suspending the search and returning the next day after they secured a search warrant.

It was publicly announced no body found. They were suspending the search and returning the next day after they secured a search warrant.
They announced that they didn’t have a body, and that it was “complicated” - which, just MOO, but I believe cadaver dogs hit on that spot, and they knew it was likely PH..so yes and no. They didn’t literally have PH, but they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361