OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has been answered BUT
HDs mom does have a job. I won't say what it is BECAUSE if MSM doesn't mention it, I don't want to get in trouble. But I can say, her job could potentially be why her VM was full.
Speculation a few days ago was maybe HD made a new FB and was under a new name. Again. Speculation, not a fact.
I'm in a few groups for him and it's so.... ridiculous the way people have been talking about his mom. I'm sorry, but if someone was being that cruel to me after my child suddenly vanished, I wouldn't get on TV either. She has health problems. She isn't some evil vile woman. Home life doesn't always have something to do with a disappeareance.
I just wish more would come to light.
I wish he would show up.
I wish he would come home
Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day, I'll be on and off as usual.
:(

Surely her not getting up has nothing to do with his disappearance. I am looking at the entire picture of his life. Her story is dicey, because she is not a hands on parent. Whether you stay in bed in the morning or go to work, most mothers try to know the whereabouts of their kids morning, noon and night, even in high school. Again reiterating the dysfunction in the household.

I will admit that I am the perfect picture of a "lazy" parent. HOWEVER I battle migraines, my lovely parting gift from my stroke. I had a few blood clots on my brain and a couple of them are still hanging out, but they aren't harmful since they are monitored. BUT, I know where my kids are AT ALL TIMES. I have help with my kids. Due to my disability I not only have their father here (who works) I also have my parents (who are retired and old as hell) who help out. My mom is forever taking care of me. She says it's her job since she missed so much while she was working, either in the military or the jobs she had after that just to keep the family afloat. My dad and my grandmother raised me, so ironically enough it's almost the same family dynamic I grew up with, EXCEPT I am present and I know where my kids are. My son wishes I wasn't a thorn in his butt, he's 18. I told him I don't care how old he is, he's FOREVER gonna be my baby boy, he's my 1st born, I was 19 when I had him and regardless of how old he is, I'm gonna check on him. He's currently still in high school and I continue to monitor him on Social Media.

How a parent doesn't know the whereabouts of their child and doesn't seem to care for at least 41 hours baffles me. IF Harley still had his phone they could have tracked him. My son does NOT have a cellphone, but that's because I feel I can't trust him with one. He's broken 3 tablets while they were under warranty, I was lucky there. The phone insurance is a JOKE. I worked for a cellphone company so I know all the little loopholes they have. BUT, if he is leaving the house, I will hand him my mom's cellphone so he can call if ANYTHING happens. If he breaks her phone, well she's had it for 9 years and she needs to upgrade.

I know not all kids need a phone, BUT in this situation, IF Harley had his, they would have found him quickly. Have they looked at where his phone has pinged in the past?? Perhaps there are places he has gone before that they weren't aware of that wasn't a friends house

I am just racking my brain about why that info would be released. It seems designed to catch the attention of someone. And then there are the large missing person signs with Harley's photo in nearby cities. That makes me wonder if perhaps the person they are appealing to is someone who may have joined in watching Harley online - so they'd recognize Harley from the photos on the sign and from the reference to frequent bathing - and that person would not themselves have snatched Harley, but may know another online follower who would have done it? If there is such a person, I hope they have called in that tip.

Because if someone has snatched Harley and is not releasing him with all this public attention so Harley can make his way home to recover from the experience, I'd want hellfire to rain down on that person. And if someone else knew or had good reason to suspect exactly who that person was and failed to call that tip in, I'd want hellfire to rain down on them too. And, for the sake of Harley and every other young person who might innocently attract undue attention - I hope every person who might be called to serve on a jury would feel the same.

Didn't HD do a youtube video while he was in the tub? I can't remember now, but I thought someone up the thread was talking about it also. THAT might also be a reason. They are targeting someone that possibly commented on that video. IF you look at HD's youtube accounts you will now see that comments are turned off on the video's. so SOMEONE has control of the account and I HOPE that it's the FBI's cyber unit. If they are working the cyber crime side of this, as in someone from the internet could be involved, then they could be going that angle AS WELL AS the local angel and the runaway angel. There are so many ways to look at this. I just pray that he is safe and well. I would hate for him to be out there injured somewhere and scared. He looks like such a sweet kid.

Hang in there Harley we're pullin and prayin for ya lil dude

Right - plus, didn’t the mom recently have a stroke and/or other serious health issues? I have some uneasiness about some of what we have been reading about this family, but I’m not necessarily thinking it’s off if she did in fact stay in bed while Harley got himself out the door.

The Mom had a stroke and heart attack abt 10 months ago (I believe it was that long) and that info I got from one of HD's video's. The one I am linking in here.

...RSBM for focus...

Also, I find it interesting to note that in the Dec 26 press conference Chief Hickman gave (in videos provided in recent pages here), he mentions that Harley's phone was broken by Harley before he handed the phone over to his mother a week before that date (the date of the press conference). That would make the date of the broken phone Thursday, Dec 19 - the last day someone outside that family physically saw Harley and the day before his family last reported interacting with him. The Chief also mentioned that the police visit to resolve a family dispute involving Harley the month before occurred after his parents had taken away an electronic device, although the Chief does not say whether that was also the phone or was instead another device.
I would like to know when this broken phone & turned over to mother occurred - before school?, did Harley go home after school and was it then?, or was it after his friend's father told Harley to leave and he went home from the friend's house? I want to know if the friend and his father noticed if Harley had his phone or a phone at 7PM.

About the bathing habits: if HD had OCD, that command in his head to bathe is too powerful to overcome.

As a young person, I HAD to have a bath before I went to bed. It had nothing to do with cleanliness but everything to do with ritual. I missed many sleepovers because of it. And I'd go berserk if I didn't have it because then, in my head "something would go terribly wrong."

Perhaps that was the Chief's point. They knew HD was not hiding out because his bathing rituals were so strong. Those who have never experienced the chains of OCD will never understand what it is like.

I would like to know when this broken phone & turned over to mother occurred - before school?, did Harley go home after school and was it then?, or was it after his friend's father told Harley to leave and he went home from the friend's house? I want to know if the friend and his father noticed if Harley had his phone or a phone at 7PM.
the phone in question was broken on December 17 or before.

I don't think it matters much what any of us claim we do or would do as a parent. Without living this family's life - with their education, resources, history, finances, medical issues, family support, etc. (or their lack of any of the foregoing) - we truly have no idea how or why they parent the way they do.

Just something I've learned through (1) being a CASA, and mostly (2) being old. o_O

To say you always know where your child is means you are lucky, lucky your child isn't of the mind to just take off. Not that you're a superior parent. By the teen years, you can't create zero opportunity for this, if it's what they really want. In this case, yes, it should have been followed up on and his disappearance reported sooner, but I think they really thought he'd be home soon and didn't want to push him away further. MOO at this time.

In all I've read here and in MSM there is lots of talk about mom but none about dad...do we know why? His video that's posted earlier in this thread shows him in a different room from the rest of his family eating dinner and fighting between the mom and dad over spilt milk.

In my opinion reading someone that dad's work truck (trash) was at home during the time in question. I don't know anyone who brings their trash truck home with them, never. So, what's up with that situation and have we ever been given that as fact?

In my opinion also, I believe Harley was abducted or went with someone he didn't know as well as he thought he did. If not this scenario, then my thought process goes to suicide due to what appears to be depression.
JMO and I'm hoping we get answers soon, Harley has been gone too long and I don't see this as a rescue mission but a recovery. :(

Perhaps that was the Chief's point. They knew HD was not hiding out because his bathing rituals were so strong.
Snipped by me.

That is the part that is maddening to me. Because literally for two weeks, Chief insisted that Harley was a runaway. Every time he held a presser, and was asked about it, that is how he answered the question. So now two weeks later, it’s oh by the way, he had these rituals he didn’t steer from.

It was stated at a pressor, I forget which one, phone was broken the week before and there’s other corroboration that exists that can’t be posted here.
It was one of the pressers on the 26th, he says “about a week ago” which would extrapolate to roughly the 19th.

Snipped by me.

That is the part that is maddening to me. Because literally for two weeks, Chief insisted that Harley was a runaway. Every time he held a presser, and was asked about it, that is how he answered the question. So now two weeks later, it’s oh by the way, he had these rituals he didn’t steer from.

That's the thing that I keep coming back to. If Harley has these rituals he doesn't deviate from, and that ritual did not happen, then what led to the assumption that he ran away? I wish we knew more about where the initial assumption came from. The bathing thing was such an odd thing to make a point of at a press conference with relatively little info given out. It could have easily been left out or mentioned more obliquely, but they made a point to be specific about this particular issue. What was the thinking behind that decision? It is just such a weirdly specific point to make in a case that otherwise lacks a lot of details.

That's the thing that I keep coming back to. If Harley has these rituals he doesn't deviate from, and that ritual did not happen, then what led to the assumption that he ran away? I wish we knew more about where the initial assumption came from. The bathing thing was such an odd thing to make a point of at a press conference with relatively little info given out. It could have easily been left out or mentioned more obliquely, but they made a point to be specific about this particular issue. What was the thinking behind that decision? It is just such a weirdly specific point to make in a case that otherwise lacks a lot of details.
I was really disturbed by revealing such personal information about this child. Discussing/revealing someone’s bathroom habits is over the line. I understand they may be asking the general public to keep an eye out for a bathroom obsessed kid, but I still think it was unnecessary, and humiliating to the child. That seems to be a trend with this case. Poor Harley. Grrrr....

amateur opinion and speculation

Some things to ponder. Has Harley's broken phone been analyzed by forensics experts? I see warnings about trespassing on private property without permission from the private property owner. Besides residences and businesses, private property includes RR tracks, vacant land and farm land. Drones would be valuable in the searches.

For me, the issue here is that he said he wasn't feeling well that morning yet apparently she still couldn't roll out of bed to eyeball him and make sure he is well enough to go to school. Especially since according to her there were medical issues in the process of being evaluated (which we cannot discuss here). Then didn't keep her phone close by to accept calls and make sure it was functional to accept voice mails if necessary, just in case the school called if he happened to get sicker throughout the day. Otherwise, yes it's fine for a high school kid to get himself off to school in the morning. I'm always up with them but not every parent can do that due to work, etc.
This confuses me too, why didn’t she at least check on him if he wasn’t feeling well? Was this something he did regularly to get out of school?

I have a 10 year old and a 4 month old and even on the nights the baby is up until 5 am I’m still following my 10 year old around making sure he brushes his teeth/eats/combs his hair. And then I stand outside to watch him catch the bus. But that’s because I’m able.

*speculation* But I’m also constantly watching missing person cases where other parents can’t say for sure what their kid was wearing last also. So this isn’t bashing mom, from what I see it’s pretty common

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member