TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a minor point, but if they were friends on Facebook, she would have no reason to do a search. IMO

I considered this, but I'm also assuming she was on a phone and if she wasn't signed into FB on her phone, searching her name in google would also take her there. I know the AA said she deleted her FB account on Dec 18th, but IIRC some of the somewhat 'mutual' friends said MF didn't have any social media (as an explanation as to why no one saw photo's of her baby)

She would have to implicate herself also in order to that though. I think she'll let her lawyer do all the talking,and exercise her right to remain silent.
MOO
He's a good looking guy, he is not an AA, but maybe mixed - added only to clear up the mytery of why he would not have believed Margo was his.

This article says he still lives at the Bojack house, then a paragraph later his mother says he lives with her. Either way, not in jail.

Aquarius, maybe that pic of car was taken by CG?
SmartSelect_20200110-105651_Gallery.jpg

She would have to implicate herself also in order to that though. I think she'll let her lawyer do all the talking,and exercise her right to remain silent.
MOO
He's a good looking guy, he is not an AA, but maybe mixed - added only to clear up the mytery of why he would have believed Margo was his.

This article says he still lives at the Bojack house, then a paragraph later his mother says he lives with her. Either way, not in jail.

View attachment 225018 (CG & MF)
Source

I considered this, but I'm also assuming she was on a phone and if she wasn't signed into FB on her phone, searching her name in google would also take her there. I know the AA said she deleted her FB account on Dec 18th, but IIRC some of the somewhat 'mutual' friends said MF didn't have any social media (as an explanation as to why no one saw photo's of her baby)

Nothing more to add other than she has a Pinterest

Maygen Humphrey (maygenhumphrey) on Pinterest

I thought he hadn't seen MF in two years and MF & CG had only lived there since 2017. Just from memory.

I remember thinking she may have snapped sometime after he left town.

He said that he knew MF well when he lived in the area, but he'd moved out of state like two years ago (and hadn't seen nor been able to make much contact with her since).

When they first became friends, he said that MF was living in her condo exclusively.

IIRC, he said MF began dating CG about six months before he moved away. At that point, MF was kinda living in both residences and he'd hung out at CG's Bo Jack residence many times.

ETA: Here's the podcast interview. Forward to 27.0 mark to avoid all the pre-interview chatting.

Last edited:
He's a good looking guy, he is not an AA, but maybe mixed - added only to clear up the mytery of why he would have believed Margo was his.

View attachment 225018 (CG & MF)
Source
But after the police fooled him into buying baby food from a nearby target and showed him a picture of Margot and Heidi, he identified her as the child in his house – to the police: “That’s the baby at my place ‘.
WOA. Why would police have to trick him into going and buying Baby Food? Also has his whereabouts been verified? During the time he was out of town on business?
MOO

You should be able to look up filed evictions.
I’m not interested, lol. Only replied to a post. I tend to believe CG. Only because idk of he could wake next to such a creature on a daily basis & continue to live.

It's a minor point, but if they were friends on Facebook, she would have no reason to do a search. IMO

Well - I do use the search bar on FB to go to friend's pages, group pages etc., so I do type names of friends into FB search many times daily. Interesting that that doesn't show up in your search history for your browser, but it sounds like they had a warrant for FB info too.

I still think it's significant who she stated she was with on the morning of the 12th.

I'm sure when they were sitting down with her asking the questions the next question would have been 'who is that cousin?' And if she couldn't be specific they would have written that in the affidavit, much as they wrote down she couldn't recall the name of the birthing centre.

Otherwise she could have just said she went on a shopping trip alone. It's significant to name a person who can be traced, and not inventing a story of an old childhood divorced friend, someone impossible to identify, lives out of state now, who she happened to bump into for instance.

I believe she had a plan for them to verify who she was with, she didn't even attempt to lie about a specific birthing centre. I don't see why she would say something that could be checked out as false, by detectives there and then, that minute.

MOO

Casey Anthony walked all the way up to the door ...

It was only the MATERNITY of the baby that needed proving, not paternity at that stage.
Shane's dad stated the bay was identified by 'tests they had done in the hospital when the baby was born. Oftentimes footprints are taken when babies are born, most likely several other unique identifiers are also recorded.
I don't for a moment consider that CG had anything at all to do with Heidi's death or the kidnapping of the baby.
I think she did it all herself and we have discussed a million theories in relation to how this could have gone down. It's not the difficult part of this case, more a diversion,
What puzzles me is Shane's statement yesterday that Heidi was much stronger than MF..

She looks to be much larger, not smaller and weaker, though Heidi does not look weak at all, either.

What exactly is it about her that he knows that makes him sure she was the weaker of the two? Did she have some ailment that weakened her?

Also, the assertion that 'somebody must have influenced her to do this'- that's not an exact quote but words to that effect..
It was as though he was saying she would not have done this, as if he is experiencing some kind of cognitive dissonance about it all still?
Add in the adrenaline rush MF may have experienced would have experienced if/when she took hold of HB to strangle her. She could have been 5 x stronger than HB just due to that. Mental illness + adrenaline rush very bad news

But after the police fooled him into buying baby food from a nearby target and showed him a picture of Margot and Heidi, he identified her as the child in his house – to the police: “That’s the baby at my place ‘.
WOA. Why would police have to trick him into going and buying Baby Food? Also has his whereabouts been verified? During the time he was out of town on business?
MOO

oh I missed LE fooling CG into purchasing baby food. Wow

Well - I do use the search bar on FB to go to friend's pages, group pages etc., so I do type names of friends into FB search many times daily. Interesting that that doesn't show up in your search history for your browser, but it sounds like they had a warrant for FB info too.

I do that all the time too when on FB, that's what made me go and see if it showed up in my chrome history. But what made me think of it at first was because they said 'variations of Heidi Broussard', and if you do searches on FB you know that you don't have to always put in the full name for it to pop up if you are already friends with that person or searched them previously. I guess the same could be said about a google search, you don't have to completely type out the name if you have searched it before.

So based on the affidavit, it looks like the police was the one that sent the CPS there. It was not a member of the public as I thought.

I thought I remembered reading here that CPS was tipped. Could be part of LE's strategy. Don't get me started on all the times LE has used the media, and I went down a wild goose chase. LE friendly, just say'n.

I still think it's significant who she stated she was with on the morning of the 12th.

I'm sure when they were sitting down with her asking the questions the next question would have been 'who is that cousin?' And if she couldn't be specific they would have written that in the affidavit, much as they wrote down she couldn't recall the name of the birthing centre.

Otherwise she could have just said she went on a shopping trip alone. It's significant to name a person who can be traced, and not inventing a story of an old childhood divorced friend, someone impossible to identify, lives out of state now, who she happened to bump into for instance.

I believe she had a plan for them to verify who she was with, she didn't even attempt to lie about a specific birthing centre. I don't see why she would say something that could be checked out as false, by detectives there and then, that minute.

MOO
I think it's possible, if not probable, that MF had successfully deceived multiple friends / family and was able to keep it together till after the abduction and murder. Then it suddenly got WAY more complicated. Like I mentioned before, a baby to care for, a concerned network to keep up with till all hours, not to mention the fear of discovery. I believe the many strands just couldn't be pulled together anymore. IMO she didn't have the time or mental focus once she accomplished the initial goal :( to create a smooth story and escape route. Simply this : Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive - Walter Scott

IMO, MF needed to be sure that Heidi would get in the car right away, not ask MF to park and come up or wait while she grabbed her things.
She needed a way to explain why “Luna” wasn’t with her.
And she also needed to get HB’s phone from her ASAP.

poor Heidi :( I’m local, and I don’t think I’ll ever drive by those apartments without thinking of her.

This is why I wonder if she was in the apartment when HB got home using the key she was given.
We know from the Arrest Affidavit that Heidi had Margo when she approached MF in the parking lot.

The eyewitness in the parking lot saw a woman with a baby in a knit cap greet another woman (later identified as MF) who had been sitting/waiting in a car. Then the woman with the baby willingly got into the backseat of that car (later identified as MF's Nissan) before it quickly took off.

I absolutely get all that but what if MF was in the house, confronted HB, threatened her and made her get in the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member