OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if he was on the BC or not, I've not seen one, but, S's last name is Wagner, so that makes me lean toward he was. I remember he and CG were waiting to get dna tests back for K, but there was never mention of a DNA test coming back for S. Being on the b.c. does not give him any custodial rights though unless he went to court to obtain them. It appears that he did not.

Unmarried Parents & Child Custody | Columbus Ohio Lawyer

Death of a Custodial Parent in Ohio and Ohio Law - Columbus OH Divorce Lawyer - Estate, Probate, Business, Attorney
He couldn't stand that she was dumping him and held all the custody cards. JMO

If this doesn't prove something was awry with JW being the father of SW, I don't know what would. As several of you have said, why not just take a paternity test? #1 answer is because it would prove otherwise.

Now I wonder...was CG Sophia's father, too? IDK, but something is rotten with JW being her father. Opinion.

Twitter
I don't think Jake was. A simple DNA would have erased all doubts. That's the big secret that 8 people were killed to keep quiet.

JMO

I always had a feeling that the custody papers were more for an alibi than actual custody. He is the father, so of course, custody would go to him upon the Mothers death as long as he can establish proof of a prior relationship with the child, provide a proper home, etc... and I haven’t heard of him and his family abusing or mistreating S, so yes they had a relationship, as far as we know he was a decent father to S, and yes he could provide a proper home so no reason not to grant him custody in the case of the Mother’s death. So the custody papers could have been to alibi why they didn’t commit the murders. Why would I kill HR Mr. Investigator, she had already signed over custody to me, so why would I harm her or her family? Or as another poster said, he couldn’t take a paternity test because he knew that S wasn’t his. And if he knew she wasn’t his, he obviously did not tell his family, I don’t see them being obsessed with a child that wasn’t blood related. My opinion only. Happy New Year everyone!
I disagree. I have seen mothers of adopted children fight tooth and nail for their child. Remember, blood or not, they were around SW from birth on and certainly they were very attached to her. As often happens in these cases the fact that the child is not blood gets lost in the love that grows for that child.

JMO

I don't think Jake was. A simple DNA would have erased all doubts. That's the big secret that 8 people were killed to keep quiet.

JMO

The only thing that is sketchy about Jake being S's bio dad is that instead of a DNA test he used her looks, hammertoe, and photos to prove she is his.

There has to be a reason he did it this way and I think it's because he knew %100 for sure that Hanna was only with him the week she conceived, sleeping only with him every night, he knew the baby was his. Thus, photos and a description of her looks were all that was nessessary, he did not have to prove it with a DNA test. Most dads out there know they are the father of their child without a DNA test.

To be realistic there is only a small window of time that Hanna could have gotten pregnant with S. and in that small window of time she was in a committed relationship with Jake with a wedding date set for August 27, 2015 and matching ring tattoos that you can clearly see in photos of both of them. I posted that information previously.

So for S to be someone else's child Hanna would have had to be sleeping with someone else in the same week she was sleeping with Jake. I just don't buy it that 15 year old Hanna was sleeping with 2 men at the same time. Just does not add up.

...2 Cents...

Last edited:
@Cool Cats and fellow sluethers...

BINGO

Twitter

How did we all miss the all-time most important word/s on the top of the top page!?

"de facto guardian"

I can't get it to post, but look up House Bill 459 126th General Assembly

Or

www.lsc.ohio.gov/documents/gaDocuments/analyses/126/ho459-i-126.pdf
Which I seriously doubt will open.

This answers a big lot of my questions, as I am sure it will yours.

My mind is overwhelmed and reeling.

If anyone could share JW's Custody Affidavit in its entirety, it sure would help.

RIP Gilley and Rhodens! Justice is coming!

BINGO

Twitter

How did we all miss the all-time most important word/s on the top of the top page!?

"de facto guardian"

Or

If anyone could share JW's Custody Affidavit in its entirety, it sure would help.

Wow. I went over that with a magnifying glass a while back and I never noticed those words. Way to go.

Wow. I went over that with a magnifying glass a while back and I never noticed those words. Way to go.

Don't feel badly. So did I. The wide open truth has been there all the time. Wow.

After studying this vigorously for the past 3 hours, I am led to believe JW was indeed trying to take SW away from HR. But also, I think HR had maybe filed a CPO against JW. Too much to research in short time, but I will get to the bottom of it. All help will be appreciated. @Merrygirl, IIRC, you said you have the full affidavit. It would really help if you could share. Thank you.

BINGO

Twitter

"de facto guardian"

Or

Link isn't working and the database for legislation on the Ohio GA web site only goes back to the 1301st General Assembly. Maybe you can fill us in on what is important about this? I'm assuming the term defacto guardian means Jake is the guardian because no one else in S's immediate family is alive. Yes, that's why he and his family killed them all, so he could have custody of S. What am I missing?

As for JW's petition using only physical similarities to claim he was S's father, instead of DNA, the question that needs asking is why the Judge would grant custody to JW (someone who should have been under suspicion of the Rhoden murders at that time) with no real evidence that JW is a parent. The Judge (Rosenburger?) needs to be questioned very closely on this matter. A lot of us had the same concerns when LE allowed the Wags to take S and leave for AK when they were under suspicion for the murders of the Rhoden family. I'd still like an answer to that question. Things could have gone very badly for S.

Last edited:
de facto guardian (top line)

Stef DiPietrantonio on Twitter

Here's the kind of custody Jake was trying to get Hanna to sign over before she died, and the custody he received after she died. This is where the guardianship document comes into play. Hanna's signature was forged after she wouldn't sign. It's interesting in the affidavit portion we saw, he never stated he was her father. JMO

Attachments

• h0459-i-126 (4).pdf
    32 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
de facto guardian (top line)

Stef DiPietrantonio on Twitter

Here's the kind of custody Jake was trying to get Hanna to sign over before she died, and the custody he received after she died. This is where the guardianship document comes into play. Hanna's signature was forged after she wouldn't sign. It's interesting in the affidavit portion we saw, he never stated he was her father. JMO

A couple of things. This copy of the bill shows it was introduced, but was never passed by the GA or signed into law. Is it law or not, just curious.

So are you saying Jake is not the bio father of S? Because if he was, all he needed was to submit to DNA testing to prove he was S's father. It would be much simpler than killing a bunch of people in the process of trying to get HMR to sign this kind of custody agreement.

Seems unusual a jilted lover would kill 8 people in an attempt to gain custody of two kids who weren't his. Really bizarre.

It's also possible he was superstitious about submitting to DNA testing. Perhaps concerned his DNA might be in some database somewhere for other reasons?

A couple of things. This copy of the bill shows it was introduced, but was never passed by the GA or signed into law. Is it law or not, just curious.

So are you saying Jake is not the bio father of S? Because if he was, all he needed was to submit to DNA testing to prove he was S's father. It would be much simpler than killing a bunch of people in the process of trying to get HMR to sign this kind of custody agreement.

Seems unusual a jilted lover would kill 8 people in an attempt to gain custody of two kids who weren't his. Really bizarre.

It's also possible he was superstitious about submitting to DNA testing. Perhaps concerned his DNA might be in some database somewhere for other reasons?

Betty,

I can't find out much about the bill itself, but if was no good, why would it be used on the affidavit above? If you Google "de facto guardian or custody," lots of information comes up.

I agree if he was the biological father of SW, a simple DNA test would suffice.

Dewine described it as "bizarre."

Totally agree with your last paragraph.

One thing that's possible--maybe the reason he didn't submit DNA is because he knows he can't have children? I have no idea.

JMO

Hello everyone, Lucky here with a couple questions...
1. While I understand there's a ton of evidence I'm sure we've not seen, just on what's available up to today, do you think these um, man yall gotta let us swear just a little, people did this?

2. Do you think it's a waste for the state to seek the DP knowing Ohio in all likelihood will not start them back? I'm not against a death sentence but just the financial cost to convict, house, etc that and I still don't believe it deters anyone. Especially when the majority of murderers are narcissistic and don't believe there are any consequences cause of course they'll never get caught. MOO(yep I figured out what it meant lol)

F. Do you think or believe that FW will still catch a charge or 6? I still firmly believe shes in this up to her hairline. I think that prosecutors jumped to quick on her and should keep digging if they aren't still. Of course it's my opinion only but as much as I've read about AW being behind it, I dont know how but again firmly believe FW is involved too. I'm probably wrong but man that particular feeling is strong with me.

Finally, would you have, if your the prosecution or judge restrict or allow their communications with family and co defendants? I'd let em keep talking . I mean you record calls already, you screen their mail already. Have the "special" visitation are that's bugged to the hilt and just let em sing. AW already has proven shes a talker and lacks common sense. Or am I on the wrong path with that thinking???
Lucky out

Jake might spend the rest of his life in prison. S needs a permanent family. I will bet a million dollars that DCS did a DNA test to make sure there isn't another father out there where S could be placed. And if so, it would hit the news like a ton of bricks when discovered by S's "real bio dad family."

I do not believe 15 year old Hanna slept with anyone but Jake the week she got pregnant. What did she do? Sneak off to spend the night with someone else when they were planning to get married and got ring tattoos? When they were living back and forth between the 2 families?
I don't understand these rumors that she is not his kid.

Last edited:
DNA is not the only way to establish paternity in Ohio.

Both Jake and Angela signed paternity affidavits.

Court docs: Suspect filed for custody of child at heart of Pike County investigation days after slayings

Paternity Establishment
Legal paternity can be established in several ways. For example, a man may sign an Acknowledgment of Paternity Affidavit, or a court or the CSEA may issue an order establishing the father-child relationship.

Get an Acknowledgement of Paternity Affidavit. If the genetic parents are not married, Ohio provides a form that enables the father to voluntarily acknowledge his paternity without having to go through any administrative or court proceeding.

Establishing Paternity in Ohio An unmarried father in Ohio can establish paternity by signing an Acknowledgment of Paternity Affidavit and/or undertaking DNA testing.

Paternity Establishment - Child Support Enforcement Agency Ohio

web1_Ohio-Dept-of-Health.jpg

Establishing Paternity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics