Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

well I imagine his family will want to know, as will the coroner. No need to have a go at me.....

And sky news have written that Police said his phone was turned off shortly after he left the pub

Sorry double post

Dreadfully tragic news, but as heartbreaking as it is for his fiancé and family at least she can lay him to rest and not spend forever not knowing...

I’m sure the inquest will throw up some reasons why/how he lost his life in the river, but it’s still a mystery

Was he heading towards the train station or Waitrose/Tesco , I wonder?
He seems to have been seen walking alone around Lewes since leaving the pub for 1:45 hours....some CCTV picked him up

It seems such a long time to walk around “lost” without asking for directions...
BBM
Apologies if I've scrolled through and missed , but where was that bit of info found ?

Its not very often I do this. I know some of us have lots of questions and are curious however perhaps those questions should be left until after AK has been laid to rest and his Family/Loved ones and Friends are ready or even want help in answering unanswered questions. I am sure they will reach out if they need to. Let the medical examiner do his/her job.

Personally I still don't understand why at 7:41 he was seen heading back in the general direction of where he started and travelling away from the river direction. It is not my question to ask anymore.

MingyMoo

Very sad for his family but also I hope they have some comfort in being able to say goodbye.

I imagine they now have even more questions than answers though.

amongst others
Why did he leave alone?
Where was he going?
Did he fall/pushed?

They’ll have very many more I suspect, as do I and I’m guessing most of us here

That's the three options I was just thinking; accident, foul play or suicide.

PM might give some answers.

well what else could it be? those are all the options o_O
ETA: aside from natural causes of course but then there's nothing to sleuth

Last edited:
so does it look like he was trying to walk home?

No, definitely not. He lived about 40 miles north of Lewes and was found about 8 miles south.

As we don't know where he went into the river we don't yet know where he might have been trying to get to. The train station is nowhere near the river but the bus station is relatively near that bridge I posted earlier. It's anyone's guess really, and unless they find more CCTV we might never find out.

No, definitely not. He lived about 40 miles north of Lewes and was found about 8 miles south.

As we don't know where he went into the river we don't yet know where he might have been trying to get to. The train station is nowhere near the river but the bus station is relatively near that bridge I posted earlier. It's anyone's guess really, and unless they find more CCTV we might never find out.

thanks I'm trying to get a grip on his route and that helps

I hope people are donating to the fundraiser for the family since now his partner has to pay for a funeral and raise kids alone.

I'm convinced they go for a pee and topple in
But somehow that is the only time- is it the water that makes them blurry? We don’t hear about all the other people who topple over having a wee who hit their head on the toilet seat at home. I’m not a bloke, but I struggle to believe that men who will wee anywhere specifically search out water when they are drunk. I understand they were walking back and may have lost their footing, but drunk isn’t really a full story. Thankfully they are now fundraising to in our area to try and find out why this happens. What makes me even sadder is if there is no cause found, as we can not do anything to prevent it again.

Last edited:
Why does this keep happening though with men and water. I just can’t comprehend it.

Me neither. They can wee against a tree, down a drain, up an alleyway, by some bins. Why head for water? Anthony, as a fireman, would’ve known better than to put himself at risk like that, plus it’s not in a central location or easy to fall into, like, for example in York. I’m really not convinced this was an accident.

I hope they are now looking at every camera that captures part of the river banks and bridge. @Angleterre said often footage is kept for a month, so with a bit of luck Anthony was captured when he went in.

Maybe he didn't need to pee, maybe he was leaning over the railing on the bridge or sat on it or something like that. Alcohol makes you take risks.

But somehow that is the only time- is it the water that makes them blurry? We don’t hear about all the other people who topple over having a wee who hit their head on the toilet seat at home. I’m not a bloke, but I struggle to believe that men who will wee anywhere specifically search out water when they are drunk. I understand they were walking back and may have lost their footing, but drunk isn’t really a full story. Thankfully they are now fundraising to in our area to try and find out why this happens. What makes me even sadder is if there is no cause found, as we can not do anything to prevent it again.

IMO the cause is being drunk and prevention is a buddy system and obviously not to drink to excess

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back