TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. That would have already been stated. Just wondered if she had a coffee with her, and spiked it, that sort of bloodless scenario. But then she'd have had to get her out of there, and someone probably would have seen that!
I think it's highly likely that MF had a drink already waiting for HB when she got inside the car. I don't think HB saw any of this coming. MOO

^^sbbm

I was hoping to confirm HB's contacts on 12/12/19 in the court docs released when I noticed the only record we have about HB's contact with MF comes from MF herself. There's no confirmation of HB's calls/texts, etc. in the documents released thus far.

Reportedly, MF told Tim M that police told her she was the last person to have contact with HB before she was reported missing (statement not confirmed by LE). MF told Tim and others that her last contact with HB was about difficulty one or the other was having breastfeeding. It's also not known if this communication was by text or by phone.

ETA: Waiting to read the confirmed time(s) and length of any communication between MF and HB on 12/12!

Yeah, that's true. There's no LE information available to us regarding the phone and/or text communications between MF and Heidi for 12/12, or any other day.

The only confirmation we have that Heidi and MF communicated by phone or text the morning of 12/12 is from MF to Tim Miller, via Tim Miller's public interview.

I believe that MF did talk to Heidi earlier that morning and figured it would would be traceable, so she was prepared to offer up the 'breast-feeding ' explanation. MOO.

Anyway, I too wish we had more information on any relevant phone/text activity for that day and look forward to reading it.

Last edited:
I know this is convoluted, but could there have been two accomplices and the woman seen carrying the baby to the car wasn’t Heidi at all because she had already been killed. The witness said she is 60-70% sure MF was the person who greeted “heidi” at the car . What if it was someone who resembled MF and MF herself was carrying the baby to the car. A third, strong person brought Heidi to the car already in the duffle bag while the driver parked very close to the door before the neighbor witnessed “Heidi’s” stroll across the parking lot. A stroll deliberately made so it would be witnessed and look like Heidi left willingly with the baby.

I know! It’s far-fetched. But this whole crime defies logic.

Imagine what we would have thought at the beginning of this case if someone hypothesized a good friend of Heidi’s had faked an entire pregnancy, somehow persuaded Heidi to come down to the parking lot and get into the car w/the baby (but no purse or car seat), strangled Heidi at some point and left her decomposing body in the trunk of the car the for a week while she passed the baby off as her own. We probably would have dismissed it immediately.
I thought that exact thing several pages back. No where in the witness statement does it claim she saw HB. Only another woman and 60-70% sure the woman in the front was MF. She drove up as they were entering the vehicle. Someone could have already loaded a duffle bag before getting in the car.

Agreed. I just read the statement again. She positively identified MF. She didn't identify or even describe the woman with the baby except as a white female. Nothing about clothes, build, etc.

I can't believe they didn't completely search the apartment. MF had the key. She could have given the key to someone else, too, right as HB got home - while MF dealt with the baby part.

The whole KB trial comes back to mind. They didn't even consider or look at the apartment for weeks.

True, the car was there just after 9AM to get the baby. But no one was known to be in that apartment until SC apparently got home at 2:50PM.

Last edited:
I remember Shane mentioned calling MF. Did she tell SC she was the last to speak with HB?
I got the impression from Tim Miller that SC was with him when he (Tim) spoke with MF.

Agreed. I just read the statement again. She positively identified MF. She didn't identify or even describe the woman with the baby except as a white female. Nothing about clothes, build, etc.

I can't believe they didn't completely search the apartment. MF had the key. She could have given the key to someone else, too, right as HB got home - while MF dealt with the baby part.

The whole KB trial comes back to mind. They didn't even consider or look at the apartment for weeks.

If this is a possibility, I wish there was video showing MF walking toward the apartment and showing both strings on hoodies if she was wearing the same clothes as the day she was arrested. Then another of her exiting with only one hoodie string. I still think that's what MF used to strangle HB.

True, the car was there just after 9AM to get the baby. But no one was known to be in that apartment until SC apparently got home at 2:50PM.

A few threads back it was reported the apartment was under “lockdown”. However,
A dif network had live shots of SC at the complex, iirc. Not in the apartment but on the grounds. Moo

Just a question...
MF was arrested on three charges - 2 of kidnapping, 1 of tampering.. we have seen the AA for the tampering arrest, but I don't recall having access to the kidnapping one? Are all three charges covered under this one AA even though it only mentions the one? I believe I have seen elsewhere that at least one AA for the 'kidnapping' arrest does exist. Does anyone have it? I believe it may contain the exact same items in it.
There's only one arrest affidavit that's been released - kidnapping charges. I don't think we will see the tampering (corpse) affidavit until a murder charge is filed. MOO

ETA: AWA for tampering charge also released (same as kidnapping affidavit + #64).

Last edited:
There's only one arrest affidavit that's been released - kidnapping charge. I don't think we will see the tampering (corpse) affidavit until a murder charge is filed. MOO

Actually, it's for the Tampering one that we have, but I am 99.9% sure that the affidavits would be the same for all 3 charges. JMO

Attachments

• MF affidavit tampering with a corpse.JPG
    MF affidavit tampering with a corpse.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 10
If this is a possibility, I wish there was video showing MF walking toward the apartment and showing both strings on hoodies if she was wearing the same clothes as the day she was arrested. Then another of her exiting with only one hoodie string. I still think that's what MF used to strangle HB.
Imho, iIt's difficult to imagine that MF would have been wearing the same clothes/hoodie for an entire week. And if she had used the string from the hoodie, surely she would've been smart enough to not wear it again. imo.

SC last saw HB and the baby early that morning of the 12th, then HB was seen on school video dropping off her son.. I believe she had phone communication with SC sometime later, like 8:30am IIRC(??).. then apparently LE have some kind of proof that MF was in the vicinity of HB's apartment at 9:05am. When do those who believe HB was killed or incapacitated in her own apartment, think that HB was brought out to the vehicle? Seems unlikely. imo.

Brilliant -- thank you @missy1974.

Can you please post the full AWA in the media thread. ;)

I believe they are already in there, or at least one of them. They are the same other than that last point. I guess I could post the 2 links in one spot. I had one bookmarked and didn't realize that there was 2 out there until just now lol

ETA: done, I put both in one post, and used the google drive link (I personally find this much easier)

SC last saw HB and the baby early that morning of the 12th, then HB was seen on school video dropping off her son.. I believe she had phone communication with SC sometime later, like 8:30am IIRC(??).. then apparently LE have some kind of proof that MF was in the vicinity of HB's apartment at 9:05am. When do those who believe HB was killed or incapacitated in her own apartment, think that HB was brought out to the vehicle? Seems unlikely. imo.

The camera that captured MF’s car didn’t show any such activity to my knowledge. So I agree, unlikely.

I personally don’t think hoodie strings are very strong. I had to use one in a crisis situation on a horse bridle. It was new, the hoodie had never been washed. The string lasted less time than it took to rig it up. Moo

I think it's highly likely that MF had a drink already waiting for HB when she got inside the car. I don't think HB saw any of this coming. MOO

What if MF pulled over and forced HB in the trunk and tied her up (restrained). Once she got home, she then strangled her in the backyard while she is in the trunk. I also noticed that the affidavit clearly states HB was dead on or about 12/12/2019 because of tampering with a corpse charge. LE has to have something that confirms this other than an estimate from the autopsy.

Last edited:
So 64 from Kidnapping.
'Abducted by restraining her,
And preventing her liberation by holding her in a place
Where she was not likely to be found
Specifically inside a black duffel-bag
In the trunk of a parked vehicle'

Abducted by restraining.....
(FIERAMUSCA (1).PDF)

Exactly. MF had to force her in the trunk (probably had a knife) which would be easy enough by threatening the infant if HB didn't do as she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane