Found Deceased FL - Kelly Glover, 37, visiting from Utah, Ft Lauderdale, 9 Jan 2020

It sounds like she did leave the hotel if there was video footage of her going through the exit. I wonder if she takes sleeping pills. Ambien has been known to do funny things to people. One of them is sleepwalking. I hope they hear something soon!

A red flag to me is the fact that the roommate said the door was ajar. No woman would leave another woman, sleeping and vulnerable in the middle of the night, and not close the door behind her! No way. Good Lord...anyone could have walked right in that room. I know even if I was just going down the hall, I would pull the door closed if someone was sleeping inside the room! So, that begs the question, is the roommate not telling the truth about the door being ajar? and if she is lying, why? I haven't seen any mention that Kelly's room key was still in the room. They said her phone and purse were left, but did she take her room key?

A red flag to me is the fact that the roommate said the door was ajar. No woman would leave another woman, sleeping and vulnerable in the middle of the night, and not close the door behind her! No way. Good Lord...anyone could have walked right in that room. I know even if I was just going down the hall, I would pull the door closed if someone was sleeping inside the room! So, that begs the question, is the roommate not telling the truth about the door being ajar? and if she is lying, why? I haven't seen any mention that Kelly's room key was still in the room. They said her phone and purse were left, but did she take her room key?
I can't imagine her leaving the door ajar....however, she was seen on hotel video in her p.j.s and socks opening the exit door so I'm very hesitant to say the gf was lying. Sounds like KG left the room willingly (for whatever reason) perhaps hoping to return shortly. (Thus not shutting the door all the way.)

It sounds like she did leave the hotel if there was video footage of her going through the exit. I wonder if she takes sleeping pills. Ambien has been known to do funny things to people. One of them is sleepwalking. I hope they hear something soon!
I thought the same thing when I read the article. I'm sure her husband is just hoping that she didn't leave the hotel because there's no good reason to depart a hotel @ 2:00 AM dressed in sleepwear... especially without your phone or wallet. The sleeping pill angle is very interesting. You may be correct.

I thought the same thing when I read the article. I'm sure her husband is just hoping that she didn't leave the hotel because there's no good reason to depart a hotel @ 2:00 AM dressed in sleepwear... especially without your phone or wallet. The sleeping pill angle is very interesting. You may be correct.
I've told the story many times about my late father in law who took a midnight stroll in his sleepwear, barefoot, through our neighborhood while visiting over Christmas. Luckily we lived in a gated community at the time and the guard saw him, knew who he was and called my husband. Had the security guard not been quick thinking, there's no telling what could have happened to him.
My father in law didn't remember a thing. It was determined that Ambien was the culprit. Very scary.

Maybe she needed something that was left in the car and thought she'd only be gone a minute or two and didn't want the sound of the door opening to wake her friend when she returned. Just thinking out loud about why she'd leave the door ajar and not put shoes on.

JAN 10, 2020
Utah woman mysteriously vanishes from hotel in Fort Lauderdale
  • Kelly's husband, AB, flew from Utah to South FL on Fri to plead for help.
  • Kelly, a project mgr with CHG Healthcare, was in Ft Lauderdale for business.
  • She had been staying with a friend at the Westin Hotel at 400 Corporate Dr., which faces a large lake.
  • “Her friend went to bed early [on Wednesday]," AB said. "My wife was still up and her friend woke up around 4 a.m. [on Thursday], and my wife was nowhere to be found and the door was left open.”
  • Hotel surveillance video shows she was barefoot while going down the stairs at 2 a.m. on Thur. AB says she doesn’t have a history of sleepwalking.
  • “She didn’t have her phone or her purse,” AB said. “She left it in the room and that’s the last we’ve seen of her ... We text each other every morning I get up before her. I hadn’t heard from her by 9 a.m. I knew something was wrong, sent a few more, the second her friend called me I already knew.”
  • Fort Lauderdale Police Department officers searched the surrounding area using K-9's, helicopters and divers.
  • LE will continue to search on Saturday.
  • Call 801-647-8690 or 801-647-1218 or Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-8477 if you have any information.
AKPAZQYYAVBFRHP532EGSXCZ2Y.jpg
AXHJUIT5FVD25GLGSLVK3P3YXE.jpg
5YWEYWCHWRAAZELGQCFCIB6GWI.jpg

Kelly Glover, from Utah, visiting The Westin Hotel in Fort Laudedale has been reported missing. See News article below.
If this has already been posted you can delete. I did not see one yet.

Utah woman missing in Fort Lauderdale while traveling for business
Noting:
  • Kelly traveled to Florida on Tuesday and planned to stay there for the week.
  • Glover's husband, AB, said she went to dinner with a friend who was staying with her on Wednesday night. The two women returned to the hotel at 10:30 p.m. and the friend went to sleep.
  • The hotel surveillance footage shows Kelly going down the hotel stairs at 2 a.m. to an exit that leads out to open land and water.
  • She was wearing pajamas, a light sweater and socks.
  • "As far as I know there is no evidence that she's left the hotel," said RG, Kelly's cousin.
  • "She's an experienced traveler, she's been to Europe multiple times," said Ryan Glover. "She's a very independent person so there's no reason for me to believe that she can't be OK on her own."
  • Kelly is 5-foot-6 and 130 pounds with brown hair.

JAN 10, 2020
Holladay woman vanishes while on work trip in Florida
[...]

... Her husband, AB, said she was last seen on security footage heading to the exit stairs, but there is no footage of her actually outside. She was last seen wearing a white shawl, with socks but no shoes on, and holding a water bottle.

[...]

AB is asking people in the area to join the search, to look for anything unusual and help spread the word.

“Please get up ... look around, go to your neighbor’s house,” he said.

[...]

“She’s got a sweet spirit and she’s a very sweet girl and she has a big heart. She’s a good person, an amazing wife. She’s my best friend,” AB said.

[...]

“We got to find her, we got to find her. I need everybody’s prayers and hopefully we can bring her home,” AB said.

Utah woman goes missing in Florida while on work trip; last seen on hotel video in pajamas: husband
  • AB told reporters his wife left behind her phone and purse.
  • AB said hotel security footage shows Glover in her pajamas and socks in a back stairwell headed for an exit around 2 a.m. Thursday.

Last edited:
I am so sad that another person has gone missing in the middle of the night, alone near a body of water.

The door ajar is baffling to me, as well as hearing she took the stairs, which is also not a particularly safe thing to do in the middle of the night when a perfectly good elevator is available.

Since she does a lot of traveling, per her husband in the first article of this thread, I wonder if she has stayed at this hotel previously and has a false sense of security because she is familiar with the property. And, also, if she knew other guests or employees of the hotel and was meeting someone.

Leaving the door ajar is pretty common (even though I wouldn't do it) if you're just going down the hall for ice or a drink from a machine. But to head down the stairs and leave the door open? Yikes.

All that said, because she was wearing her pajamas, I agree that she may have been sleepwalking or intended to return to her room in a short period of time.

I sure hope they find her.

I've told the story many times about my late father in law who took a midnight stroll in his sleepwear, barefoot, through our neighborhood while visiting over Christmas. Luckily we lived in a gated community at the time and the guard saw him, knew who he was and called my husband. Had the security guard not been quick thinking, there's no telling what could have happened to him.
My father in law didn't remember a thing. It was determined that Ambien was the culprit. Very scary.

OT but definitely possible! Similar thing happened to my mom only she went out & dug up her entire flowerbed, planted new seeds, tossed the dug up plants in the trash then got back into bed covered in mud! My dad got up to get ready for work & noticed dirt in the bed....woke her up & saw she was muddy/wet but she had no clue how she got wet/muddy! It was all captured on video, she looked like a zombie, no expression, very robotic movements....and it was Ambien :p

Trent Kelly on Twitter
DESPERATE SEARCH: @FLPD411 needs your help finding a missing woman from Utah who vanished while in town for a conference. Kelly Glover’s husband says she was last seen Wednesday after returning to her hotel room from dinner. LIVE report on @WPLGLocal10...
EN_d4_2WoAAs3LS.jpg
EN_d4_nWoAAbELu.jpg
EN_d5AFX4AEXUeK.jpg

4:52 AM - 11 Jan 2020 from The Westin Fort Lauderdale

Trent Kelly on Twitter
Here’s an informational flyer with Glover’s information. She was staying at the @Westin Ft. Lauderdale. If you have information on her whereabouts, call @crimestoppers2... @WPLGLocal10
EN_mBQWWsAEMAdv.jpg

5:27 AM - 11 Jan 2020 from The Westin Fort Lauderdale

Water bottle? Was she looking for an ice machine (reason door was just propped open as it was close by), found the one on her floor out of order and just thought she'd bop down the adjacent stairs to find a working one?

Water bottle? Was she looking for an ice machine (reason door was just propped open as it was close by), found the one on her floor out of order and just thought she'd bop down the adjacent stairs to find a working one?
I think you might be right. The article quotes a cousin stating there's no evidence that she's left the hotel.

The stairs lead to the outside but if there isn't any video of her leaving the hotel or outside on the property, then one would think she's still in the hotel somewhere.

Utah woman missing in Fort Lauderdale while traveling for business

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back