CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Attorney General of the state of California.
They are legal and Accurate

Clothing:
Black bra and underwear, black tall socks, tan hiking boots, and a white hat.
Barbara Thomas

That is not a bikini that you go to the beach or swimming pool.

If that's really correct, it begs a question. And not our standard "she can wear whatever she wants to" reply.

They weren't exactly isolated. Did LE take note of where her street clothes were? She was quite tanned as it was. Why in the world would her clothes be missing when her body is found? After all these months, that just now struck me. Jmo.

This is the Attorney General of the state of California.
They are legal and Accurate

Clothing:
Black bra and underwear, black tall socks, tan hiking boots, and a white hat.
Barbara Thomas

That is not a bikini that you go to the beach or swimming pool.
Thanks for linking this.^^^

So it's confirmed that she wasn't wearing a swimsuit at all but her underwear.
Agreed with other posters that is odd.

So were her other clothes (shirt/ blouse, pants/denim jeans or shorts ) in the RV ?
And was she outside, hiking -- in that attire ?
From when they arrived until shortly before the 911 call ?

Also wanted to know more about their destination and if anyone saw a woman matching her description at that campground ?

I have considered the two of them had been arguing and she walked away or ahead or behind him, just so she wasn't right with him. After all, we did hear that she had been quite agitated that morning dropping her dog off. I've also considered maybe he walked away from her. Hadn't he been agitated at the Circle K? So, my impression has been they weren't having a good day together.
What we do know is that at some point they became separated. How and why are the questions I have.

How & why will she be just in her underwear - when she is finally found.
JM question...

Here's a theory :
She walked ahead of RT and was hot & sweaty as you would be in that heat....
So she had changed into the briefest attire possible to have a cool drink and wait for RT who was w/in view of the RV and would be arriving soon.

Then, the random abductor that RT has insisted on , broke into the RV to vandalize or steal electronics and was surprised by a lady being inside.
Then he (kidnapper) grabbed and took her from the camper and took off w/her in his own car/truck.
So as not to leave any witnesses.
Since the kidnapper wouldn't have happened across the fifth wheel w/o driving in their own vehicle.

And thus if she's found she'll be wearing what she had on when she was ambushed. :(
Sad to think about-- but it might explain her now-confirmed clothing ?

Does anyone else have an explanation that might fit with what she'll be found in ?
Because if Barbara is deceased, she will in all certainty be found as described.

Last edited:
I wonder if RT ever went back to the area to look for her - guessing not since he was convinced she was taken/abducted.
I can’t imagine not going to the place where a loved one went missing.
Ita.
If there was a continued stream of traffic that day ... maybe that's why he's insisted "someone took her" -- his words in msm.
So was there any vehicle that stood out to him ?

As in somebody taking off quickly -- in a spurt of gravel and cloud of dust, heading away from the RV ?
And if so -- in which direction ?

So many questions.

Hopefully he'll take up the offer and answer questions on the podcast !

Why would she be walking out in public in her underwear? That makes less sense then the bikini. Even if there wasn’t a lot of traffic on the trail that day, the trail is hardly private. IMO

Why would she be walking out in public in her underwear? That makes less sense then the bikini. Even if there wasn’t a lot of traffic on the trail that day, the trail is hardly private. IMO
There were many prior posts about how people wear nicer-looking underwear as swimwear/activewear. Depending on the fabric, I'm sure they look the same. It makes some sense - she wasn't going swimming, after all, just wanted to get some sun. The discrepancies in her clothing reports, and the fuzzy, cropped photo initially released will always bother me. But that may be explained if maybe they were doing a "romantic" photoshoot as a memento for RT before her trip. And then she disappeared. All of this is my (useless) speculation, IMO, etc.

Didn't the police confirm that they had seen photos proved to have been taken shortly before the time Barbara went missing?
So presumably descriptions have been based on what they saw in the photos. One person's interpretation might be a bikini, another's might be underwear. There's not much difference on a superficial level.

As for the hat, I thought it had been established from photos that it was red AND white, perhaps appearing white from one angle and red from another.

Didn't the police confirm that they had seen photos proved to have been taken shortly before the time Barbara went missing?
So presumably descriptions have been based on what they saw in the photos. One person's interpretation might be a bikini, another's might be underwear. There's not much difference on a superficial level.

As for the hat, I thought it had been established from photos that it was red AND white, perhaps appearing white from one angle and red from another.

We haven't seen photos from the day she went missing. How has it been established what hat she was wearing?

We haven't seen photos from the day she went missing. How has it been established what hat she was wearing?
IIRC the VI said he was told by LE that they had photos that confirmed she was there that day. He did not see the photos himself.

We don't know that the photos show BT wearing what RT claimed -- it's entirely possible that there are photos showing her fully dressed. Even if she did hike in her bikini (whether underwear or swimsuit), that does not imply she spent the earlier part of the day dressed the same. She may have decided on a whim to remove her shirt to hike, but photos could have been taken before that.

I wonder if RT ever went back to the area to look for her - guessing not since he was convinced she was taken/abducted.
I can’t imagine not going to the place where a loved one went missing.

I wonder too. The only thing we have heard about RT searching, as far as I know, was in a July 18 post by the VI, @dbdb11 (CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019).

The post includes a text from dbdb11's sister about her recollection of what she heard RT say when he called to let her father (Barbara's brother) and his family know that BT was missing. She recalled that RT said "he keeps returning to the spot where he lost her and overturning rocks and searching and searching hoping to find something. he was there the day he called us although i think he said he shouldn’t really go back there as protocol says he’s the first suspect." She does state at the beginning of her text that she doesn't have the sharpest memory, so RT's exact words to them were likely somewhat different.

MOO

Respectfully, I would not entertain on-line nonsense if it were my loved one.

Same.

I saw this in the article about how they found Paul Miller's body via drones:
“Dave and I were so close (several times) to where the remains were found and missed them,” Robinson said on Monday.

That they haven't found her doesn't mean she isn't there.

Husband of Woman Who Vanished During Mojave Desert Hike: 'I Just Want Her Back'

Ok, so in this inside edition article (shortly after Barb disappeared) Robert states a red and white baseball cap.

The article also has a photo that shows her wearing these items, at least the hat and the black bikini top. It is not stated when this photo was taken.

He also says a “short trip” and “decided to pull up”
Sounds like this particular area was a last minute decision

from the article:
Robert says they had taken a short trip in their camper when they decided to pull up and go for a 2-mile walk to explore rock formations. They took a pack, beer and a gallon of water, and Barbara was wearing a bikini, hiking boots with black socks, and a red-and-white baseball cap.

They were on their way back to the camper when Bob said his wife started pulling ahead. He told her he wanted to take a picture of a rock formation and as he put his camera away, he saw her rounding a corner.

"That’s the last I ever saw of her," he said.

When he reached the corner and didn’t see her, he assumed he’d find her sitting outside their camper, he said. But when he got to the vehicle, the door was locked.

Was the key still in their hiding spot?
ETA. Per FB ...the key was still there

I was simply showing how apparent discrepancies in the clothing description can be accounted for.

As for the hat, we've seen a photo of her wearing a red and white hat and it's been discussed here before that it might be described as either colour. So it seemed a reasonable assumption that she was wearing that or a similar hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa