Found Deceased OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, 20, North Plains, 22 Dec 2019

Dan McCarthy on Twitter (Video)
The family of Allyson Watterson is preparing another search for the missing North Plains woman.
- 5'7", 120 lbs, teal-colored hair & blue eyes
- Eye tattoo on left shoulder, fairy tattoo on forearm
- Last seen Dec. 22nd in North Plains #LiveOnK2
9:14 AM - 10 Jan 2020

Evan Bell on Twitter
The family of Allyson Watterson has organized another volunteer search effort to try and find the missing North Plains woman. She was last seen on Dec. 22. #Liveonk2 #FindAllyson

EN76KEFVUAA3TDY.jpg

9:17 AM - 10 Jan 2020

Dan McCarthy on Twitter
There is a candle light vigil tonight for 20-year-old Allyson Watterson, missing since December 22nd.
Starts at 7:30 P.M.
Jessie Mays Community Park
30975 N.W. Hillcrest St., North Plains
#FindAllyson #LiveOnK2
EN77Cx8U8AEnUBG.jpg

9:21 AM - 10 Jan 2020

Brenna Kelly on Twitter
About a dozen people are looking for Allyson Watterson near North Plains this morning, the 20 y/o who disappeared 3 days before Christmas. Her mother tells me she doesn’t have time for emotions right now. She’s too focused on finding her daughter. @fox12oregon
EN8jajBVUAAqSwa.jpg
EN8jajAUEAAHXE3.jpg

12:17 PM - 10 Jan 2020 from Oregon, USA

here is an unpleasant Q- are there predators right in that area-coyotes, bears (brown?), vultures?

here is an unpleasant Q- are there predators right in that area-coyotes, bears (brown?), vultures?
I live about 10 miles from North Plains (right near Skyline School actually, although I moved here after Kyron Horman went missing). Definitely coyote, probably cougar. My neighbor across the street who's lived here for a long time mentioned both cougar and bobcats in the area (keep the cats indoors!).

JAN 10, 2020
No new clues in Watterson search after cellphone provider found
[...]

It was believed that Allyson may have been using that phone the day she was last seen; however, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office said the lead didn’t yield any answers.

"It didn't have a cell account attached to it, so there was no active cellular connection with it," said spokesman Deputy Brian van Kleef. “It was Wi-Fi only from what I understand. When it's just connected to the internet, and likely not connected when she went missing, there's little ways to track it."

Van Kleef also said that the sheriff’s office’s request for information tied to the red truck Allyson Watterson was last seen in has not led to any new leads.

[...]

Friday was the fifth private search by family and friends since the sheriff’s office concluded its efforts nearly two weeks ago. With the vigil Friday night, the goal remains the same: to find her.

“Rain or shine, we’re going to do what we can,” said Misty Watterson, Allyson’s mother.

de578056-7e2d-4f6b-9f05-c3f5217d0d01-medium16x9_MistyWattersoncaptioned.jpg

[...]

The sheriff’s office spent five days extensively searching the woods in North Plains where Watterson was last seen. And it has returned a few more times as more leads came in.

“When this information comes in, we go out, and it’s still very much an active investigation,” said van Kleef.

[...]

"We have to go back to some old-fashioned detective work, and it means we're interviewing people and talking to people and looking for physical evidence where we don't have that technological tracking beacon to find somebody," van Kleef said. "So, it's definitely more challenging."

[...]

JAN 10, 2020
Vigil held in North Plains to raise awareness in search for Allyson Watterson

EN-v2DAUYAE9wrE.jpg

[...]

At the vigil Friday night, Watterson’s mother, Misty, shared her hope with dozens of mourners. The vigil marked the nineteenth day since Watterson was last seen.

“We’re holding a vigil for Allyson to raise awareness and just get her face out there and, you know, everyone’s come together to bring home and light a candle for her to come home,” Misty said. “If you think back during the time she went missing, around those crucial days, if you remember seeing her or ben garland, together or separate, even the smallest sighting, reach out to law enforcement. There are times and areas of a timeline we're trying to fill in.”

[...]

I’m wondering if Ben and Allyson did enough drugs to where they had no clue where they were anymore and both just kind of aimlessly wander through the woods until they got separated.

I mean, the lady who’s phone they used said they were together at that point and then after using the phone they left together, so I have to wonder, if in a drug haze, they lost each other. JMTs

I’m wondering if Ben and Allyson did enough drugs to where they had no clue where they were anymore and both just kind of aimlessly wander through the woods until they got separated.

I mean, the lady who’s phone they used said they were together at that point and then after using the phone they left together, so I have to wonder, if in a drug haze, they lost each other. JMTs

Friday Dec 20
“She told me she was going to hang out with her friends. She was in good spirits. We told each other ‘love you’ and that we’d talk to each other later,” Misty said

Sunday Dec 22
The last reported sighting of Watterson was was by a homeowner in the area just before noon on Sunday when she was with her boyfriend, Benjamin Hunter Garland, authorities said.

They were together when they knocked on her door and Allyson already had BG's shoes on, so somthing had already occurred, they had already been in the woods or a wet area - they made it to the road, to her house, and asked to use the phone. Who did they call?

Monday Dec 23
Another homeowner told deputies that early Monday morning they found Garland sleeping in their truck. He was soaking wet. This man drove him home (to dad's) in Hillsboro.

Around 5 p.m. on Monday, Garland's father called police to report Watterson missing. During the search for the missing woman, deputies found a stolen truck and discovered Garland nearby.

'Nearby' is so incredibly vague I'm not sure it was worth reporting. Was he outside near the truck looking for Allyson? At a nearby home? Does it simply mean his dad called police from the truck location to turn in his son and report Allyson?

Something went wrong between noonish on Sunday to early Monday morning. According to BG, they 'got separated'. This honestly just does not happen. One person has to be ahead or not paying attention when the other either stops or drops. There is also a 3rd person involved we are not hearing about, the person they called.

Either:
Allyson was killed and there was a conspiracy to cover it up
BG and Allyson fought and she left him there and attempted to walk back to Hillsboro
BG and Allyson are walking through a wooded area for whatever reason and she falls into pit/water/etc and 'disappears'.

Big questions: Who were they with that day and what exactly is his description of the last time he saw her?

Just thinking out loud: does anyone know how they were separated? Did AW and BG decide to split up to find help/ride? Or did they become separated as in lost each other in wooded area? I highly doubt they "lost" each other-given the terrain and logically trying to find help after a car breaking down-you want to stay near the road and NOT go into wooded areas. Also, if they are walking on foot, you cannot go too far unless you find a ride. Secondly, who did they call at the woman's house? and why? I think that would be very helpful to know. Because if they did call someone and that person answered, then that person would probably 1. know about their situation; 2. know where they were; 3. perhaps help them or get help for them. If that's true, no need to split up or look anymore. UNLESS they called that person for another reason. I also think knowing why the two of them were out there in the first place would be VERY helpful. AG's mom says they were out there visiting a "friend". Who is this friend? that area looks like a very nice area. And was a drug deal/buy involved? BG had a previous charge of meth possession.

JMO, but Allyson was murdered by BG, MOO. They have both of them on surveillance in the stolen red truck that BG stole casing houses in the area she was last seen. The truck's picture has been on our next door app that residences videotaped . My hunch is she did not want to participate in his plan and BG felt she was a threat . He had 30 hours to dispose.... really sad!

Could have had something to do with that. BUT they had already ditched the stolen truck by the time they were seen at the ladys house and made a phone call. AW also has a previous theft charge apparently. Maybe she was fine with it. They would have had enough time to cool down before the phone call. If they were casing the area to steal things, they may have had a person they were delivering the stolen goods to for cash.

I just can’t get on board with her choosing to disappear. By all accounts she and her mom had a close relationship, and she really didn’t have the funds it seems to disappear. I’m not sure her boyfriend did anything to her, aside from leaving her in a dark, dank forested area, but I do believe she is no longer alive. I don’t know. I’m talking in circles, this one bothers me, maybe because she reminds me of myself at that age. I was on a bad path, too.

I agree, Not enough planning involved on her side. besides she would be leaving her family, friends, bf, and home without letting ANYONE know anything about it. I would think running away one would let someone know. I hope LE talked to her friends, that would help in determining AW state of mind, plans, relationships, etc.

Another question: what was in AW's red backpack??? why carry a backpack when you are meeting a friend for the day.

Nothing that I've read makes mention of her purse missing, so I am assuming that she carried the backpack in lieu of a purse. It may be one of the smaller non-hiking backpacks -- I'm one of those people who carry 25-pounds of junk in a giant suitcase of a purse, and I have a both a red fabric backpack and smaller striped pack that I carry instead of a purse when I go to concerts or museums.

From the article:

[...]

Authorities suspended the search for Allyson nearly two weeks ago, but continue to actively investigate her disappearance.

"It was extremely difficult. I want them to search forever until they find her, but I know it doesn't work that way," Misty said.

Allyson's mother said instead she focuses on the connection she has with her daughter.

"She's going to come home to me. I tell this to myself constantly because I have every hope and faith that I will see my daughter again. I won't stop until I do," she said.

[...]

This is not a theory. Just a thought. I am wondering if police have taken dogs to search the property right around the house and barn and any out-buildings where the red pickup was caught on camera. What if, instead of casing the place or attempting to dump a body, the occupants were there to retrieve a body that had been hastily hidden or buried? Perhaps the timeline excludes that possibility? I cannot make the timeline make sense. I know that family is reading this. My heart is with you and I hope that Allyson is hiding for some reason and will return home safely to you. But, if the worst has happened, she deserves to be found and you deserve to know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back