Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

When you see it written in a timeline like this he seems completely lost.

Or not.
The fire station is directly opposite the garage.
I did wonder is an earlier post of he might have known some of the Lewes firefighters and popped up there to see if they were around, and I did ask if any of the locals knew if it was a 24 hour manned station or not, but I never got a reply.

May I just say, I know certain things aren’t allowed on here, but the videos (there’s two) that Im talking about are not the ones when he walked past the E&C and back

These two videos were captured at approximately 8:45pm

The man looked, was dressed and walked identically to AK in the first videos

The site that it’s still on hasn’t taken it down, despite the tragic outcome, which points heavily to them knowing the video is indeed AK. If it wasn’t why would they keep it up, and at the start of a thread too?

Anyone looking at the video taken later would see the man is identical in every way...

The first video is estimated to be around 8:25 pm by the Garage owner. I do agree with you that there are similarities between the way the man on these videos walks and the way Anthony walks in the confirmed video and having just revisited the posted video on the Lewes Present FB page (28th December) and reading the comments, I can see that there is perhaps some uncertainty in the mind of his fiancee as to whether it is him or not. I know the family were shown the video on Monday 23rd December and were certain at that point that it wasn't him. So there is a small chink of uncertainty regarding this footage, granted.

The first video is estimated to be around 8:25 pm by the Garage owner. I do agree with you that there are similarities between the way the man on these videos walks and the way Anthony walks in the confirmed video and having just revisited the posted video on the Lewes Present FB page (28th December) and reading the comments, I can see that there is perhaps some uncertainty in the mind of his fiancee as to whether it is him or not. I know the family were shown the video on Monday 23rd December and were certain at that point that it wasn't him. So there is a small chink of uncertainty regarding this footage, granted.

I've always referred to it as the 'disputed' North Street cctv.

I'd have put my shirt on it being him, but from before Christmas the official narrative from both the police and the family is that it's not him and the final sighting was Market Street at 19.41 and who am I to argue?

Two missing young men discovered deceased on the same day, what a sad day. I know it sounds weird but all bad things that have happened in my life happened in January as well. I hate January and I am hoping it will end soon. You guys might be right, I thought it was AK by the fire station, but distorted picture due to the weather and rain would not show him clearly. I don't think he committed suicide, there are better and easier ways to end ones life. Yes, alcohol could play a role, but seeing his photos from the cab, pub and the video from Lansdown Arms doesn't give me that impression. Why was he walking around, why alone - this is interesting. Did he want to go home early , fed up with drinking or annoyed by one of friends ? Someone might have spotted him as there are two hiding people on the second video released by the police when he walks behind the couple , then comes back in less than 20 minutes . Did they wait for him and noticed he was tipsy ? Decided to rob him ? I too, hope that there is going to be a post mortem and Lucy will get some answers. I hope she gets some help from psychotherapists and someone is helping her in this difficult time.

[bbm1]

there's photos from a cab???

[bbm2]

what two hiding people???

There was a photo on the missing poster with him and two other mates in the back of the cab that brought them to Lewes. It was posted here earlier.
The cab photo is on one of the 'missing' posters , him in the back of an Uber , between two of his friends .
(On the right)

yes thank you both I had forgotten

I've been trying to find the cleaner version of the CCTV vid , @LadyL .
'Hiding People' (personally , I see nothing sinister at all - just people standing , possibly by a doorway).
Behind Anthony - looks like they're standing in the light , there's a figure(s) that some think are looking back toward Anthony

Regarding the argument he wasn't stumbling drunk and therefore unlikely to fall into the river - we neither know when nor where he entered the river. He could have wandered around Lewes for a while, had more alcohol somewhere else alone, and later, and much more drunk then, ended up in the river. Moo.

Regarding the argument he wasn't stumbling drunk and therefore unlikely to fall into the river - we neither know when nor where he entered the river. He could have wandered around Lewes for a while, had more alcohol somewhere else alone, and later, and much more drunk then, ended up in the river. Moo.

If he had more alcohol surely that would have picked up on cctv?

I was thinking if all the cctv is him, and he's wandering around for one hour twenty minutes, that would sober him up if he was drunk.

I did post where to find it early this morning, but it isn’t allowed on here and so was deleted...

Whilst I agree with much of what you say, I personally don’t think he appeared “very drunk”, in fact, in the second confirmed video of him walking back up past the E&C he didn’t even appear tipsy

in the later two videos captured of him at 8:45pm he didn’t look drunk at all. He wasn’t staggering — in any of the footages.

I think it’s very strange that he was walking around Lewes — alone — for approximately 1:45 hours.

Why would anyone do that for no reason?
It’s definitely strange in my view

I don’t go along with this “he needed a pee and went to the river”....I’ve seen men, both drunk and sober, peeing behind bins, hedges, doorways...it’s easy for them to sneak in a dark corner & pee

It was the barber shop footage in which I perceived him to look very drunk, not necessarily staggering but walking 'wonky'. He'd been drinking all day, don't think it's unreasonable to think he was very intoxicated. The video was posted earlier in the thread I'm sure, or maybe thread #1 I can't find it now but it's the footage from outside the hairdressers, where he's walking up towards market Street, the last footage of him, that he looks rather worse for wear.

Sign the Petition

I just signed this petition posted by Lucy on her FB. Does this give more indication as to where he went in the water maybe?

Thank you Edinlass...I’ve signed too.
Hopefully this will put all the speculation to bed. Thats a fairly steep bank to climb back up , especially when your up against the slippery algae, reeds and feeling intoxicated.
I guess he simply lost his bearings and slipped in, especially if it was flooded. I very much doubt Lucy would be asking for railings if she had the slightest suspicion he was a victim of foul play.
RIP Antony.

Sign the Petition

I just signed this petition posted by Lucy on her FB. Does this give more indication as to where he went in the water maybe?

Not sure why it'd indicate that, to be honest.

I think it indicates that the family believe he fell by accident, but we're unlikely to know whether that is the case before the inquest takes place, and even then there may not be a clear answer to how, why or where he entered the water.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back