TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the exact same question. How can you liberate yourself if you're deceased? Or even if you were found, deceased, would you then be liberated? The alternative (trapped in duffle) is too awful to contemplate.
If we go insane can we blame MF?

If forced into the the bag and stored in the trunk, she might have been near death at time of ligature strangulation. Moo
How awful

I had the exact same question. How can you liberate yourself if you're deceased? Or even if you were found, deceased, would you then be liberated? The alternative (trapped in duffle) is too awful to contemplate.
If we go insane can we blame MF?

I'm really hoping this means that it reduced the odds that someone else would "liberate" her from the concealment, since it clearly relates to the tampering charge. I think if you attempt to conceal a corpse that counts towards the tampering charge.

I can't find where the witness positively identified MF. See attachment. Is it somewhere else? Thanks!

The witness statement is a snippet, not LE's entire interview.

Unless they had probable cause, police can't cordon off a persons home with crime scene tape and search it.
#28...

I'm really hoping this means that it reduced the odds that someone else would "liberate" her from the concealment, since it clearly relates to the tampering charge. I think if you attempt to conceal a corpse that counts towards the tampering charge.

I wish we could find an answer.

Sec. 20.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:

(1) "Restrain" means to restrict a person's movements without consent, so as to interfere substantially with the person's liberty, by moving the person from one place to another or by confining the person. Restraint is "without consent" if it is accomplished by:

(A) force, intimidation, or deception;

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 20. KIDNAPPING, UNLAWFUL RESTRAINT, ANDSMUGGLING OF PERSONS

this is all I found under TX law regarding “impeding liberation”, not much help.....

and this:

TPC Kidnapping - Kidnapping
unlawful restraint + abducting
-preventing liberation (double mens rea) @Alethea can you explain, tysm
-third degree felony
https://quizlet.com/358911259/criminal-law-exam-2-unt-flash-cards/

(imo under TPC “preventing liberation” =abduction/kidnapping

Last edited:
Tortoise said:
this is the wording - "preventing her liberation by holding her in a place where she was not likely to be found; specifically, inside a black duffel bag in the trunk of a parked vehicle."

Unfortunately, while I've tried to think of alternative meanings to that statement, I can't think of one, aside from your explanation. I just never dared to post it before.

It's horrible to think, but what else could it mean? A dead body can't liberate itself.
I posted earlier today the only other explanation I can think of for this wording - it's easier for me to copy/paste what I wrote again than use the quote feature for this and have two quotes in this post - (post #606) -

I think they were forced to word it like that so that they didn't hint at her being responsible for the murder until they had the evidence.

MOO

I posted earlier today the only other explanation I can think of for this wording - it's easier for me to copy/paste what I wrote again than use the quote feature for this and have two quotes in this post - (post #606) -

I think they were forced to word it like that so that they didn't hint at her being responsible for the murder until they had the evidence.

MOO
Oh, interesting.

I have just started to think that someone else murdered her, and they're trying to get more evidence on that other person.

I think MF planned it, benefited from it (by means of getting the baby), and held her body there, but didn't actually carry it through - she had help, IMO, besides just the getaway driver... and perhaps someone really DID dump H's body, which would be why MF did those web searches.

But MF clearly hid the body...

Thinking out loud here, trying to come up with all the possible scenarios. Can't wait until we learn the truth!

Thinking out loud here, trying to come up with all the possible scenarios. Can't wait until we learn the truth!

So many scenarios, because we have so little info.
If there is another person involved, LE must be unable to locate him/her, imo.

Last edited:
Or "her".
Or, if they have located the person, they don't have enough evidence.

did you see post 685? Tysm

and yes him/her, lol.
Right, we don’t know if they’ve interviewed a second suspect repeatedly, or not, and unable to get enough evidence for AW

Thank you!

Dates and times on this would have been great. Weirdly she is not saying "passenger seat" here, or "the one that exited the car", just front seat of the vehicle.

I really think she is verifying what she had already told LE, front seat = front passenger side. Like yes, yes that is the person (creature). The witness never mentioned the driver’s side afaik.

Last edited:
@Alethea what does this mean?

Double mens rea (in #685 post)

thanks so much!

It's on the kidnapping warrant. No 64, far as I recall. It is strange wording.

Yes! I tried writing this and something kept going whacky with the site.
The reporter said Margo is six months old, wth?

And apparently she also had her phone.. so why didn't she use it if she became at all alarmed? (It was an iphone 11, I believe? Do iphone11's have that feature where you hold it a certain way and it automatically dials 911?)
I asked that same question. The only thing I could come up with is she asks Heidi to use her phone, and never gives it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail