Found Deceased FL - Chris Forbes, 48, Jacksonville, 2 Jan 2020

Honestly I hope the family will hire a private investigator, if it were my loved one I would because I would want to know everything that could be known between the time he was last seen and his death. So many questions!

Agreed 100%, and Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office deals with a LOT of deceased person cases, with and without foul play so if they feel this is an easy to close case so they can move on they probably will. Personally I hope there are no embarrassing facts that get released publicly should that be the case because the family has been through enough but hopefully they are being given the whole picture so they can consider a private detective if warranted.

From what I understand one of the videos alerted them to a poi. The house says it was vacant but I’m not sure if they mean vacant or abandoned. They knew who was driving it they just had to find the truck. They found his body Wednesday night after obtaining the warrant, and the truck and poi on Friday

They’re only disclosing a limited amount of info to the public. I’m glad we are getting his body for a burial, my prayer to God after six days was please let us at least find a body Bc the not knowing would’ve killed my uncle.

@StaceHamilton...the only consolation is exactly what you have stated. If you stick around websleuths you will see just how many families wait weeks, months, years and some still have no answers.

I’m so very sorry about the loss of Chris Forbes.

Could this be someone he has befriended, maybe met thru work? Someone in a spot of trouble or needed a little cash until payday - but it all went south when the person needed more or got physical? Sounds like Chris was a great guy and would be the type to try and help someone?
I don’t know, just trying to think of what could have happened. :(

One thing about Jacksontown, you can be driving on the freeway, too easy to go down a wrong exit and be in the middle of a part of town you wouldn’t want to be in with no way to turn around and have to drive blocks through an unsafe looking neighborhood to find a way out.

One thing about Jacksontown, you can be driving on the freeway, too easy to go down a wrong exit and be in the middle of a part of town you wouldn’t want to be in with no way to turn around and have to drive blocks through an unsafe looking neighborhood to find a way out.
Sorry, I meant Jacksonville.
I’ve done that a couple times myself and it would be very easy for someone working out of town to get caught in the wrong neighborhood.

Sorry, I meant Jacksonville.
I’ve done that a couple times myself and it would be very easy for someone working out of town to get caught in the wrong neighborhood.

Very true. My husband took a wrong turn the first time we drove to FL from our former northern state, and I was shocked that every home in that part of Jacksonville had bars on the windows. It creeped me out!

His obituary states he died 8 Jan 2020. If that's correct was he at that house alive for several days? Jacksonville LE did arrest someone on 10 Jan 2020 at 3:43 am for vehicle theft. Not sure if it was his truck.
Jan. 8th was the date the ME pronounced him deceased, not necessarily the actual day he died.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back