The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I once despised him

Through consistency and quiet hard work he and Camilla have won back my admiration for their duty and their unfailing support and apparent good humor with The Queen and Prince Philip, and his stalwart support of ecologically sound practices. His video about the Duchy of Cornwall is an eye-opener.

I think with Prince Charles, what you see is what you get.

Prince Charles is really a portrait of how things can change.

Charles and Diana is a tragic story. Truly a star crossed story. So different, she a superstar, and he brooding and introverted. But they were both great parents each in their own way.

I loved the Duchy of Cornwall video, too. It highlights his intellect, foresight, and deep connection to the earth.

He and Camilla comported themselves very quietly, subtly in their later years. And the public opinion tide changed.

He struck me as very genuine and kind when he stepped up at his son’s wedding and walked Meghan down the aisle. He was a Dad anyone would be proud of. So, I believe he comes to the table with that sentiment for their happiness as a priority.

And, well, they are talking about reducing the monarchy. No time like the present.

Last edited:
Yes, I once despised him

Through consistency and quiet hard work he and Camilla have won back my admiration for their duty and their unfailing support and apparent good humor with The Queen and Prince Philip, and his stalwart support of ecologically sound practices. His video about the Duchy of Cornwall is an eye-opener.

I think with Prince Charles, what you see is what you get.
Well said and I agree it’s taken me 20 years though...

And our very own Queen @Lilibet (so named after her majesty's childhood nickname)

I’m here. Just found out we are open for business again. Thank you @sillybilly!

Regarding Charles...Although I’m glad we have William and Harry, their parents never should have married. Charles waved a huge red flag during their engagement interview. It was heartbreaking and tragic.

However, even at the beginning, Diana had her doubts. "We had this ghastly interview the day we announced our engagement,” she in Diana: In Her Own Words “And this ridiculous [reporter] said, ‘Are you in love?’ I thought, what a thick question. So I said, ‘Yes, of course, we are,’ and Charles turned round and said, ‘Whatever love means.’ And that threw me completely. I thought, what a strange answer. It traumatized me.”
True Story of How Prince Charles Met Princess Diana in 'The Crown'

Over the years, Charles has become a better person, I think. He and Camilla will always have to live with what they did to Diana...at least I hope they feel some responsibility for her unhappiness. I think he’s been a good father and I’m sure Charles wants the best for both of his sons. It will all work out.

He should have been allowed to marry Camilla in the first place, it just wasn't possible at the time. I imagine this is partly why he was so welcoming to Meghan - marry for love and not just for "on paper" suitability.

Last edited:
I feel very sad for Queen Elizabeth. I was a young child in my birth country of England during her Coronation - I can still remember the street parties with bunting and other decorations. My parents and I emigrated from England a few years later, but I’ve continued to follow the Royal Family - I have great admiration for the Queen, being so young when her reign began. She has been a perfect lady and so dedicated to her role. In the last twenty years she has managed to survive through several family crises, as well as untold political situations. To be almost 94 years of age and facing yet another family crisis must be devastating and extremely disheartening. I will be saying a prayer for her tonight that this issue will be resolved as soon as possible. The Queen deserves more at this stage in her life. All in my personal opinion ...

I am very disappointed with the bullying I see happening in the last couple of threads. One particular group has successfully chased off posters who had different opinions.

This will not be tolerated. If I see a poster giving grief to another in a bullying manner then that poster will be gone a minimum of 30 days if not more.
This is not a true-crime case therefore we do not have to protect victims here. If someone wants to in a mature manner say they do not like the behavior of a particular royal they can as long as it is not done in a vitriol manner.

If you want to disagree with someone's opinion you must do so in an adult manner.

If you post a "goodbye I'm leaving post" that is an automatic ban. We do not tolerate drama. This is not an airport. You do not need to announce your departure. When you do it turns attention to you and not the topic. I have zero tolerance for people who feel the need to take the attention off the topic to announce they are leaving.

The rules are so simple.

Last chance. This thread is only here because you all wanted it but since it is not a crime topic we can certainly do without it, especially since our mods are spending too much of their valuable time on this topic.

I always thought of Harry as the mindless party boy. I did not realize her served ten years in the army. It really bothers me that the media is saying they fear for his mental health. This sounds the way they talked bout Diana. Trying to diminish her.

The Royals screwed up and rather than taking control saying that this is an opportunity to further unite Canada and with Britain, they have turned it into a drama.

Foolish. The Sussex are the sacrificial lambs in this screw up. We are to believe that the Queen did not know in Nov that they would not be in England? I can’t imagine that the security was made overnight. She has oversight .

Prince Harry's Military Career

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan’s First Sit-Down Interview After Stepping Down Won’t ‘Be Pretty,’ Pal Tom Bradby Says
Harry and Meghan’s First Sit-Down Interview After Step Down Won’t ‘Be Pretty’
What are your thoughts on how reliable Tom Bradby is? This article sounds as if it's practically war between the parties. So darn sad if this is true and what in the world has gone on between this family?

william certainly is gas lighting his brother. What the nasty comments by William to denigrate Harry?

He could say it is an opportunity to unify the Commonwealth even more or something. Nope. He has to throw shade on Harry. Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member