Found Deceased FL - Kelly Glover, 37, visiting from Utah, Ft Lauderdale, 9 Jan 2020

Alligator or ambien seem to be the common thread in these posts. It could be a combination of the two. The area where this hotel is located is surrounded by various types and bodies of water. Furthermore, this hotel is not that far from the Everglades. It is possible due to ambien or some other substance that she ended in that pond. I do not know but the pond might have measures in place to help prevent alligator attacks. These might include steep edges around the pond, etc. Lastly, just as a side note. Alligators drown their prey and let it decay a bit before consuming same, not that one might lose a limb in the initial attack. Since I am assuming what might have happened, I am guessing the cause of death will be accidental drowning without me knowing the impetus of the accident.

Last edited:
This is not meant to be accusatory in any way, but I still find it so odd that her husband was reportedly not contacted until the following morning. I believe the information that has been released said 9am, but I don’t think it was clear if that was FL or UT time.

That is, her friend found her gone from the room at 4am EST, reportedly the hotel is informed and police are contacted right away, and then somewhere between 5 and 7 hours pass before anyone contacts her husband. I know we all react differently in stressful situations, but if I woke up to my friend missing and the police were contacted, their significant other is the next person I’d be contacting immediately.

I don't recall reading anywhere if she arrived at hotel the same day as her roomate. They supposedly had dinner Wed and her roomate "fell asleep" when they returned to room at 10:30. Video footage showed her going down stairs at 2 am in jammies, sweater, and socks "to an exit that leads to open land and water". Where else do those stairs lead to? Maybe a different floor in hotel? Nobody saw her exit the building. Husband Adam Brenner showed up Friday to help and many gathered across the street from hotel on Saturday to coordinate search before she was found by divers (from my slt link).

I don't recall reading anywhere if she arrived at hotel the same day as her roomate. They supposedly had dinner Wed and her roomate "fell asleep" when they returned to room at 10:30. Video footage showed her going down stairs at 2 am in jammies, sweater, and socks "to an exit that leads to open land and water". Where else do those stairs lead to? Maybe a different floor in hotel? Nobody saw her exit the building. Husband Adam Brenner showed up Friday to help and many gathered across the street from hotel on Saturday to coordinate search before she was found by divers (from my slt link).
Reportedly, AG arrived Florida the day before or Tuesday. No confirmation when friend joined KG or if they both traveled together from SLC.

What's more troubling to me is that her husband chose to go on Facebook asking people to help find her instead of jumping on the first plane out of SLC to go find out what happened to his wife. Did he wait two days to go? Did I read that right?

This is not meant to be accusatory in any way, but I still find it so odd that her husband was reportedly not contacted until the following morning. I believe the information that has been released said 9am, but I don’t think it was clear if that was FL or UT time.

That is, her friend found her gone from the room at 4am EST, reportedly the hotel is informed and police are contacted right away, and then somewhere between 5 and 7 hours pass before anyone contacts her husband. I know we all react differently in stressful situations, but if I woke up to my friend missing and the police were contacted, their significant other is the next person I’d be contacting immediately.

Body of missing Utah woman pulled from lake behind Fort Lauderdale hotel

Jan 11, 2020

Glover’s husband, Adam Bremer, told Local 10 News on Friday that her disappearance was very bizarre.

“Her friend went to bed early (Wednesday),” Bremer said. “My wife was still up. Her friend woke up around 4 a.m. (Thursday), and my wife was nowhere to be found, and the door was left open.”

Hotel surveillance footage shows Glover was barefoot, going down a stairwell at 2 a.m. on Thursday. Bremer said Glover doesn’t have a history of sleepwalking.

“She didn’t have her phone or her purse,” Bremer said. “She left it in the room and that’s the last we’ve seen of her. We text each other every morning. I get up before her. I hadn’t heard from her by 9 a.m. I knew something was wrong, sent a few more. The second her friend called me, I already knew.” bbm

ETA: I read this ^^ as the husband was prepared or not surprised. MOO

^^ Direct quote by the husband "The second her friend called me, I already knew."

No confirmation of the time when he got the initial phone call only that 9 AM is a critical marker to him personally as KG had never gone past 9 AM without their morning contact.

Reportedly, friend went to front desk at 4 AM, talked to hotel security, and they contacted police. She talked with police for a couple hours in their hotel room. (linked upthread).

I believe it's 2 hour time difference - SLC and MST.

^^ Direct quote by the husband "The second her friend called me, I already knew."

No confirmation of the time when he got the initial phone call only that 9 AM is a critical marker to him personally as KG had never gone past 9 AM without their morning contact.

Reportedly, friend went to front desk at 4 AM, talked to hotel security, and they contacted police. She talked with police for a couple hours in their hotel room. (linked upthread).

I believe it's 2 hour time difference - SLC and MST.

Friend talked to police Wednesday morning when she went missing. Police didn't contact husband and other family members immediately? I understand he was concerned about not getting usual response from her at 9 a.m. Was there a missing person's report ever filed?

• Kelly traveled to Florida on Tuesday and planned to stay there for the week.
  • Glover's husband, AB, said she went to dinner with a friend who was staying with her on Wednesday night. The two women returned to the hotel at 10:30 p.m. and the friend went to sleep.
  • "My wife was still up and her friend woke up around 4 a.m. [on Thursday], and my wife was nowhere to be found and the door was left open.”
  • Hotel surveillance video shows she was barefoot while going down the stairs at 2 a.m. on Thursday.
  • AB arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Friday morning to help with the search.
Utah woman missing in Fort Lauderdale while traveling for business

Utah woman mysteriously vanishes from hotel in Fort Lauderdale

I don't think it's odd that her husband arrived Friday. Even if you immediately started trying to book a flight out, there may not have been one with seats available for that same day, you may have to get some things in order at your job that you're leaving all of a sudden, etc.

His comment about hearing from the roommate that he already knew something was wrong--I get that, too. If my husband and I normally check in with each other at/by a certain time, and I can't get him, I would also really worry that something was wrong. Then having his roommate on a trip call me instead of him calling me? I'd assume as soon as the roommate introduced themselves that something might be very wrong because why would my spouse not be the one contacting me? Just MOO

• Kelly traveled to Florida on Tuesday and planned to stay there for the week.
  • Glover's husband, AB, said she went to dinner with a friend who was staying with her on Wednesday night. The two women returned to the hotel at 10:30 p.m. and the friend went to sleep.
  • "My wife was still up and her friend woke up around 4 a.m. [on Thursday], and my wife was nowhere to be found and the door was left open.”
  • Hotel surveillance video shows she was barefoot while going down the stairs at 2 a.m. on Thursday.
  • AB arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Friday morning to help with the search.
Utah woman missing in Fort Lauderdale while traveling for business

Utah woman mysteriously vanishes from hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Going by this timeline alone, what were her movements between 10:30PM and 2AM when she was seen on video? Was she actually in her room that whole time or was she elsewhere?

I don't think it's odd that her husband arrived Friday. Even if you immediately started trying to book a flight out, there may not have been one with seats available for that same day, you may have to get some things in order at your job that you're leaving all of a sudden, etc.

His comment about hearing from the roommate that he already knew something was wrong--I get that, too. If my husband and I normally check in with each other at/by a certain time, and I can't get him, I would also really worry that something was wrong. Then having his roommate on a trip call me instead of him calling me? I'd assume as soon as the roommate introduced themselves that something might be very wrong because why would my spouse not be the one contacting me? Just MOO

Do they have children? Older parents who have to be looked after? Could he even get a plane ticket that day?

Going by this timeline alone, what were her movements between 10:30PM and 2AM when she was seen on video? Was she actually in her room that whole time or was she elsewhere?
There’s usually cameras in hotel hallways, stairwells, exterior areas. What I find odd is no reports yet, of her being picked up on camera near the pool. From the aerial view it looks like she had to pass the pool to gain access to the lake. I doubt it was Ambien. I think it was maybe a glass of wine at dinner combined with jet lag, insomnia, time change, a full moon.... the perfect storm. Go out by the water and breathe in some fresh air, look at the stars, lose your balance, stumble while lookin up.....

lol you wouldn't need them, but I would think if she was walking somewhere knowingly with a purpose she would wear shoes. Going without shoes lends itself more to her not being lucid.
People often commit suicide with a few possessions as possible, shoes in particular - though I don't think this was a suicide I think it was an accidental death with a good possibility of animal attack.

There’s usually cameras in hotel hallways, stairwells, exterior areas. What I find odd is no reports yet, of her being picked up on camera near the pool. From the aerial view it looks like she had to pass the pool to gain access to the lake. I doubt it was Ambien. I think it was maybe a glass of wine at dinner combined with jet lag, insomnia, time change, a full moon.... the perfect storm. Go out by the water and breathe in some fresh air, look at the stars, lose your balance, stumble while lookin up.....

Can you get jetlag from a 2 hour time difference?

The "out for a stroll" explanation doesn't really hold water unless she was really, really hammered or on some drugs. What savvy, worldly traveler steps out at 2 AM from a strange hotel in her stocking feet to wander around a dark lake and leaves her friend and valuables back in the room with the door unlocked? No sober, rational person does that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back