Found Deceased CA - Ashley Manning, 27, Orange County, 16 Nov 2019

Yeh, right now for lack of anything else, we at least know LE needs to find out who rented that UHaul.That is the first thread to pull to unravel this case.
Agreed. I don’t think the person who rented the UHaul had this in mind when they rented it though. I think something went south after it was rented.
Very curious to know how long ago the UHaul was rented.

This was posted on another page that it was the same day she went missing. Her friend said she listened to it over and over and thinks it sounded like her but not sure :(

That’s scary I remember that there’s no way to know tho I don’t know where that was

Even if the renter didn’t have any of this in mind when he rented it, he was responsible for returning it on time and even if he knows nothing about Ashley’s presence in the truck, he can certainly be a lead to other people who were involved and perhaps culpable. IMO

She didn’t live in a nice part of Anaheim. Instincts are saying it is drug related. The police aren’t putting that out there initially because people are jerks and will trash her/dismiss the seriousness of it because she is an addict.

I found a photo of her from her younger years. So sad. Looks like a completely different girl. She was happy once :( . I assume it’s the same girl. If she was a freshman in 2009, she was probably 18-19 putting her at 29-30 in 2020.

Ashley Manning
omgosh what a pretty young lady. I feel so bad for her parents and family. I think it's still somewhat of a mystery on why some people are so susceptible to drugs. I am completely hypothesizing here but considering she was a world away from NY (unless her new family home was in Dallas - plane flight from) her parents and family did all they could for her and had hit their limit and she fled far away. These stories are unfortunately a dime a dozen now but when you see pictures like this it really brings things to life. I will say a prayer for her and her family.
She didn’t live in a nice part of Anaheim. Instincts are saying it is drug related. The police aren’t putting that out there initially because people are jerks and will trash her/dismiss the seriousness of it because she is an addict.

I found a photo of her from her younger years. So sad. Looks like a completely different girl. She was happy once :( . I assume it’s the same girl. If she was a freshman in 2009, she was probably 18-19 putting her at 29-30 in 2020.

Ashley Manning
She was not on the team roster her Soph year so wondering if this is when trouble began.

This was posted on another page that it was the same day she went missing. Her friend said she listened to it over and over and thinks it sounded like her but not sure :(

Hey there, I'm a new member to this forum, but that was me who posted that on daily mail. I did a little more digging and the dates don't match up after all. While the ring video was posted the day she was said to go missing, I later read that the actual incident happened the night before, Nov. 12,which would be the day before she got her flight to CA. This was probably a different woman screaming for help. Sad that the world is so scary for us women...

I remember this broadcast on ABC7 here in Los Angeles a few weeks ago. It was chilling. No one helped the girl. I guess everyone was too afraid. When the gals screams drew attention, dude left.
It's hard to tell with all the editing done for television, but it doesn't really look like there was any time for anyone to have "done" anything, except call 911.

moo

Yeh, right now for lack of anything else, we at least know LE needs to find out who rented that UHaul.That is the first thread to pull to unravel this case.
Agreed. I don’t think the person who rented the UHaul had this in mind when they rented it though. I think something went south after it was rented.
Very curious to know how long ago the UHaul was rented.
Even if the renter didn’t have any of this in mind when he rented it, he was responsible for returning it on time and even if he knows nothing about Ashley’s presence in the truck, he can certainly be a lead to other people who were involved and perhaps culpable. IMO
I agree. That shouldn’t be hard to figure out though. You need an ID and a credit card to rent a UHaul.

I don’t know that guy but he looks like he’s on drugs I really want to know who got the uhaul cuz she’s been dead for a while obviously and then they dumped her body it seems like

I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. Heroin just destroys a person so fast unless they have constant support to get through rehab and are willing to cut all ties to friends that use.

I am curious if you have been told she was in advanced decomp? We otherwise don't really know how long she has been dead - it is possible she just lost contact with people in November but has been alive until recently, or also possible she was being held against her will for an amount of time before she died.

I'd love to hear any hppy memories you hvave of Ashley to give us an idea of who she was.

Hey there, I'm a new member to this forum, but that was me who posted that on daily mail. I did a little more digging and the dates don't match up after all. While the ring video was posted the day she was said to go missing, I later read that the actual incident happened the night before, Nov. 12,which would be the day before she got her flight to CA. This was probably a different woman screaming for help. Sad that the world is so scary for us women...
Additionally, witness reports state that the female screaming was a black female.
New details in case of woman heard screaming in terror in doorbell camera video: LAPD

Ashley Manning
She did not deserve to die and be abandoned in such a cruel way regardless of if she was doing drugs. If she ODed, someone should have called 911. MOO

In all my years on WS, I've never seen a concealed corpse turn out to be an innocent OD. I'll be surprised if there is no crime involved. If drugs have anything to do with it, it only deepens the seriousness IMO. By all accounts this was a bright, beautiful and healthy young girl before something inexplicably changed course in the last 5 years. They need to figure out what that was and eradicate the problem, whether it is a poorly policed drug culture in Orange County, individuals who have harmed her, or a toxic network of influence.

In all my years on WS, I've never seen a concealed corpse turn out to be an innocent OD. I'll be surprised if there is no crime involved. If drugs have anything to do with it, it only deepens the seriousness IMO. By all accounts this was a bright, beautiful and healthy young girl before something inexplicably changed course in the last 5 years. They need to figure out what that was and eradicate the problem, whether it is a poorly policed drug culture in Orange County, individuals who have harmed her, or a toxic network of influence.
Having gone to college in Orange County, and spending many years in Southern California (and battling heroin addiction), I can tell you it’s bad there, but truly it’s bad everywhere. Nowhere seems safe from the opioid epidemic, truthfully. You start messing with stuff like heroin, and you’re going to be surrounded by unsavory characters :( We always say the options if one continues to use are jails, institutions, and death - for a reason.

Ashley didn’t deserve this, and I hope the investigators take the case seriously regardless of her past.

upload_2020-1-13_8-51-40.jpeg
"Even if we don't have a homicide, we still may have potential crimes here we're investigating," Carringer said.

He said no suspects or persons of interest have been identified in the case.

He said the U-Haul truck was rented in Fullerton. When the renter failed to return the vehicle, U-Haul workers went searching for it and found it abandoned three miles away in Anaheim, Carringer said.

Carringer declined to say if investigators have interviewed the person who rented the truck, but said, “All circumstances are on the table and under investigation.”

Taylor Manning could not be reached on Sunday for comment. She posted an update on Friday on Facebook saying that her family’s worst nightmare has been realized.

“As a family, we are trying to navigate this tragedy and this extremely hard time,” she wrote. “We are thankful to everyone who shared the missing person post and has helped over the last two months. We are asking for privacy in this time of grief. We will update everyone of arrangements when we have that information. Hug your family members a little closer today, and please say a prayer for mine.”
Missing woman’s body found in U-Haul truck wrapped in plastic and cardboard: Police

I’m just gonna have to say this out of personal knowledge and can’t supply a link but it is a thing to rent a UHaul truck and so drugs out of it. My daughters ex boyfriend and his new wife had to move (evicted) so they rented two UHaul trucks. They were suppose to have the trucks for two days. After that time, they did not return them, they were living out of them in the parking lot of a motel.

Finally, a patrol car came by and arrested the two knuckleheads. They had been doing drugs in one of them the whole time.

Now, back to this case, someone could have rented the UHaul and there was a party in it. Ashley May have overdosed and her addict buddies, high could have panicked and not known what to do so they left her in the UHaul and ditched it. Not too smart on the part of who rented it.

I have a feeling that part of the case won’t take long at all. IMO, IME.
Yes, we have to look at all possibilities. This seems like an easy case to solve. Where is her phone?

View attachment 225565
"Even if we don't have a homicide, we still may have potential crimes here we're investigating," Carringer said.

He said no suspects or persons of interest have been identified in the case.

He said the U-Haul truck was rented in Fullerton. When the renter failed to return the vehicle, U-Haul workers went searching for it and found it abandoned three miles away in Anaheim, Carringer said.

Carringer declined to say if investigators have interviewed the person who rented the truck, but said, “All circumstances are on the table and under investigation.”

Taylor Manning could not be reached on Sunday for comment. She posted an update on Friday on Facebook saying that her family’s worst nightmare has been realized.

“As a family, we are trying to navigate this tragedy and this extremely hard time,” she wrote. “We are thankful to everyone who shared the missing person post and has helped over the last two months. We are asking for privacy in this time of grief. We will update everyone of arrangements when we have that information. Hug your family members a little closer today, and please say a prayer for mine.”
Missing woman’s body found in U-Haul truck wrapped in plastic and cardboard: Police

The quote from the police makes it sound like the UHaul was rented recently. Without knowing how decomposed the body was, it is hard to determine when she died - but I would presume recently because why and how would someone wrap up her body if she was dead since November?

Perhaps they were using the UHaul as a place to sleep in/hang out/sleep - and she was either murdered or she overdosed. If that happened, perhaps they wrapped up the body, put it in there - and were trying to decide where to dump it, but the UHaul company found the truck before they were able to do so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back