The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen has essentially declared Archie, MM, and PH return to the UK while other issues with the deal are being finalized. This isn't a subtle hint. It's part of the deal.
Will MM bring Archie back? She wont, there will be excuses for her Disney work or something else. PH will need to set his foot down re that. JMO

It's a ridiculous news cycle! Why on earth does she have to be there, salivating over it all like the grabby journo she is.

(I'm not a fan, in case anyone wondered)
She has NO fans, she's worse than useless :D She doesn't even report on ANYTHING just repeating the couple of statements "This is Sky News" I'm Kay Burley" "Where we are LIVE ..."
"Dail Mail headline type speil of story"

Never any actually juice or really info. :confused: even if there is some.
Which I alway find slightly odd because that IS WHY it's on Sky (not really much) News to report so do they just put Burley outside somewhere & leave her there to waffle on endlessly about nothing for a few hours.?
Dear Sky News,
Next time you can you please unplug her mic. & LEAVE HER THERE

'Where we are LIVE for right now' :confused:
Well obviously as it's LIVE on TV we know that already :mad:
'Behind me is Buckingham...'
:rolleyes: No s--- Kay?

No they do not. Neither do PB or PE. Remember the fuss that was made over their security costing £500k each while they were at Uni. PA objected but was given the choice to pay for it himself, which he apparently still does. The only time they get protection is on Official duties.

So when Eugenie or Zara are doing a quick shop at Waitrose, have they got protection officers with them (royal or private)?

Canada’s Prime Minister Mr. Trudeau has promised Canada will pay 1/2 of H &M security costs and has promised Her Majesty they will be safe in his country. I wonder how Canadians feel about it.
More fake news from the British tabloids! When will people recognize they are not sources of reliable information?

"Finance Minister Bill Morneau said today the federal government hasn't decided if Ottawa would help to cover the security costs associated with a move by Prince Harry and his wife Meghan to Canada.

A report in the London-based Evening Standard Monday said Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has told the Queen already that Canada would assume some of the costs associated with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex taking up residence here part-time.

Morneau said the government has not yet held any formal talks on the matter."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-morneau-security-costs-harry-meghan-1.5424988

"No, we haven't spent any time thinking about this issue," Morneau told reporters in Toronto.

:eek: Cags ...You're a Genius!

I think I have a cunning plan...

tumblr_mxee7zc0OG1rg5dd5o3_250.gifv

:cool:

The released statement from the Queen was to diffuse the intense media spotlight on all the drama. No new details in it. We all had that info for over a week. JMO

I agree. This gives them breathing room to have real discussions while appearing united to prevent further damage. I don’t doubt her statement at all though it is vague considering all of the details to be entered. She has done well for the immediate protection of her family. God bless her!!

Well, the statement that she and her family are entirely supportive speaks volumes. The word “entirely” did not have to be included, but it was. The Queen clearly wanted to drive that point home. Kudos to her.

She also probably specifically put that in there to stop the rampant gossip and hope people believe her words. Time will tell if that happens.

Sorry but you need to fact check or rewrite, Charlotte and Louis ARE in direct line of succession after George, the law was changed to allow princesses to ascend in the same sequence as princes...another new-fangled concept.

I means the current DIRECT line of succession of Prince Charles, Prince William, and Prince George.

They will be the "spares" godforbid something happens

Queen agrees on 'period of transition' for Harry and Meghan - CNN

"Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family."
"My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan's desire to create a new life as a young family. Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family."
"Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives."
"It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK."
"These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days."
-----

The Queen says she is supportive of their desires and that's all I need to hear.

And what else COULD she say right now - off with their heads?

Note there is no mention that the Sussexes intend to proceed without Prince Charles's massive funds from the Duchy of Cornwall

Ie: No word on Daddy’s money

No mention of that at all.

Last edited:
I agree. This gives them breathing room to have real discussions while appearing united to prevent further damage. I don’t doubt her statement at all though it is vague considering all of the details to be entered. She has done well for the immediate protection of her family. God bless her!!
From what we have read, that was what she and PC always planned. Talks were to be started once PH developed and submitted a plan.. It was MM absconding and PH going off half cocked as he has frequently done, that
took this from a family discussion to media feeding frenzy. Nothing changed. HM has told him to do what she requested in the first place.

The Queen wins !
The Sussex family will be expected to return to the UK for some time during the "transition."

This means The Queen is demanding that Archie be returned to the UK for some time, and they can't hide away in secret billionaire's villas.

I imagine this means they have to face the members of the Royal Family, including Prince Charles and Camilla, Prince William and Duchess Catherine, Prince Edward and Countess Sophie.

Just like respectable people do.

And then they may get to hear what the UK public feel about this
It’s a WIN/WIN!

I think some are forgetting that is what Harry and Meghan simply wanted all along. But somehow this gets turned around as if they never want to set foot in the UK again and prevent the royal family any access to Archie. This is a false narrative IMO.

I will take their words at face value.

About | The Official Website of The Duke & Duchess of Sussex
“We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa