Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if he were 80 years old perhaps 50 would seem like a very young woman! He's not an old man, though, so I'm inclined to think his perception of her as a "very young woman" is mostly based on her overall demeanor and the way she expresses herself. Also, from the photos I've seen of her (on other sites) she looks younger than 22 or 23 and appears quite tiny - shorter than PH, even, who has been described as standing 5 ft. 2 inches tall.

I seriously doubt the phrasing about "a very young woman" has anything to do with the attorney's impressions of her and is all about trying to spin the narrative to make an impression on the general public. It sounded infantilizing to me.

Any changes in this case over the weekend? I haven't been on since Friday. I'm still sitting at body found, no cause of death, no toxicology reports received, no POI, no arrests....yada yada yada....anything else?

No news yet, but I'm hopeful that this case will be solved. I have hope because the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department is now in charge.

When the Birmingham PD was handling the case I had little hope of a satisfactory resolution.

I seriously doubt the phrasing about "a very young woman" has anything to do with the attorney's impressions of her and is all about trying to spin the narrative to make an impression on the general public. It sounded infantilizing to me.
It happens all day, every day.

A male, age 17 is accused of a heinous crime, and the media refers to him as a "young man"
Same dude, is a victim of a heinous crime and the media refers to him as a "teenage boy".

It's a pet peeve of mine. :mad:

A male, age 17 is accused of a heinous crime, and the media refers to him as a "young man"
Same dude, is a victim of a heinous crime and the media refers to him as a "teenage boy".

It's a pet peeve of mine too. I still don't have a firm opinion on the situation, but to me, he just made his client look even more fishy with that phrasing than what he was aiming for.

"She is a very young lady" from Attorney refutes social media 'bashers' attacking friend of Paighton Houston

I'm feeling a bit of an outsider here, being a 60 year old man, however, thought I'd post something about this.....I know, treading dangerous waters here :)

Anyway, to me, at 22, she is "a very young lady". Nothing more, nothing less.

I could speculate that there may have been an attempt to portray innocence, naivete, inexperience, or simply by virtue of her youth, a veiled message that people need to back off, but hey, that's just speculation.

In parts of this thread, Paighton was referred to (by some posters) as a “young girl” which kind of got on my nerves...anyway...OT.

"She is a very young lady" from Attorney refutes social media 'bashers' attacking friend of Paighton Houston

I'm feeling a bit of an outsider here, being a 60 year old man, however, thought I'd post something about this.....I know, treading dangerous waters here :)

I could speculate that there may have been an attempt to portray innocence, naivete, inexperience, or simply by virtue of her youth, a veiled message that people need to back off, but hey, that's just speculation.
BBM
Yes...his message IMO reads that since she is (all of the above traits), she is a victim. We should all feel sorry for her and like you said..."back off". And she very well might be a victim. He's doing exactly what a criminal defense attorney should do.
Planting a seed...when/if this case goes to trial.

I'm 55, and to me, 22 is a very young lady (or young man). I have a 22 yr old daughter (and a 21 yr old daughter) and there's just no way either of them have the life experience to handle what must be a massive amount of stress and anxiety this case is surely causing. I'd want the public to back off them, as well.

moo

I'm a 30 year old woman, so perhaps that is why it is making me roll my eyes so hard. LOL

To me, if her attorney wants to harp on the unfairness of it and the immense pressure she has faced--and that's fair enough because I am sure she does feel slammed and targeted--that should be the focus of the statement rather than talking about her as if she is still a helpless little girl. She is an adult. That statement doesn't make her sound like one.

Any changes in this case over the weekend? I haven't been on since Friday. I'm still sitting at body found, no cause of death, no toxicology reports received, no POI, no arrests....yada yada yada....anything else?

This is the current status as I understand it as well. I'm very hopeful that the medical examination will lead to an arrest. It feels like an unplanned murder or a cover up of a death. And without planning comes mistakes and evidence. (most times with planning too!) Please let this be the day that justice starts moving forward for Paighton. MOO

Nope, just pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of people arguing about the existence or non-existence of 2 black guys.

This is the current status as I understand it as well. I'm very hopeful that the medical examination will lead to an arrest. It feels like an unplanned murder or a cover up of a death. And without planning comes mistakes and evidence. (most times with planning too!) Please let this be the day that justice starts moving forward for Paighton. MOO
I think it was unplanned as well. To me it feels more like a crime of opportunity.And as you stated, with it comes mistakes. Mistakes in the cover up. Backtracking to make sure all details are dealt with after the fact.

im hoping for something to break in the case soon. This is solvable with CCTV and video all over town now. MOO

I keep thinking about the wording of her text. I wonder if she was drugged and that’s what she meant by I feel in trouble because she literally didn’t physically feel right which led her to believe something was going to happen to her. Which could also explain why she left with people she didn’t know if she indeed did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88