The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL , at least they offered them a job. Tim Horton's tweet backfired spectacularly

Tim's received a tremendous amount of negative comments after offering a lifetime of free coffee to the Duke and Duchess when the company refused to give employees a 10cent pay raise pointing out how wealthy the pair are.

Tim Hortons' Offer Of Free Coffee For Harry & Meghan Has People Angry

The tweet drew complaints about not paying workers enough.

Tim Hortons
@TimHortons

·
Jan 8

No pressure, Meghan and Harry, but if you do choose to move to Canada, free coffee for life. Think about it.

Kate has a natural beauty about her, imo.
MM has a different style, with her weaves & hair extensions she can create more looks, imo.

Yes I’m jealous of Kate’s hair. Her colorist has got a really lovely tone to her color now that is stunning,

And I see she’s softened the black eyeliner she got a lot of comments about

LOL , at least they offered them a job as opposed to Tim Horton's tweet.

At least it didn't/hasn't backfired like the offer of a lifetime of free coffee in a tweet from Tim Horton's
Tim's received a tremendous amount of negative comments after offering a lifetime of free coffee to the Duke and Duchess when the company refused to give employees a 10cent pay raise pointing out how wealthy the pair are.

Oh, this is great

Yes I’m jealous of Kate’s hair. Her colorist has got a really lovely tone to her color now that is stunning,

And I see she’s softened the black eyeliner she got a lot of comments about
There is a video of Prince Edward teasing her abut her eyeliner awhile back. They were in the WA at a function waiting for the Queen to appear...

I’d love to see that

We never see Prince Edward doing much of anything, far less teasing his niece-in-law

He's one who got stung by the press as a young man, and seems to have shunned it pretty much ever since. We barely ever see him or the kids, it's more likely to be Sophie on an official function.

He holds the same familial position as Harry - younger brother to the future King. We've really obsessed over Harry, comparatively.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

Here Are 20 Headlines Comparing Meghan Markle To Kate Middleton

Over the years, Meghan has been shamed for the same things for which her sister-in-law, Kate, has been praised.

Here is a look at 20 stories from these outlets that appear to show a double standard between press coverage of Meghan and Kate. BuzzFeed News has reached out to all of the outlets featured below for comment.
Thank you for posting this. This is very eye opening for me. Wow. :oops:

LOL , at least they offered them a job. Tim Horton's tweet backfired spectacularly

Tim Hortons
@TimHortons

·
Jan 8

No pressure, Meghan and Harry, but if you do choose to move to Canada, free coffee for life. Think about it.
Omg I have a good friend that works for TH (exec level), I must send him this.

I think this below is an example of why the British press favour Kate over Megan. There are traditions and responsibilities she should be adhering to but Megan just doesn't play ball.
Meghan ‘WON'T pose with baby on hospital steps’ as she’s a feminist

I believe there were several instances where MM did not feel she should have to follow the traditions, among them the secretive aspects of the baby’s doctor, hospital, birth, not wanting to release any photos etc. MM gave the appearance of being somewhat difficult and wanting to forge her own way with her ideas and desires. As a couple they didn’t want to stay at Kensington, but instead were given a home at Windsor. Along the way, I felt that MM really wanted to have things her way, in spite of marrying into a family where traditions are kept year after year. If you don’t want to live that way, then don’t marry into royalty. MM knew the BRF lived in England, but now she’s decided she won’t live there! I agree with turning them loose, let them live as they wish, but without the benefits that come with royalty. All in my opinion ...

Harry & Meghan 8/1/20

"After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as 'senior' members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.

"It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to the Queen, the Commonwealth and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity.

"We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support."

Buckingham Palace 8/1/20

"Discussions with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are at an early stage.
We understand their desire to take a different approach, but these are complicated issues that will take time to work through."

William & Harry 13/1/20

"Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge.

"For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful."

The Queen 13/1/20:

"Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family. My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan's desire to create a new life as a young family. Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.

"Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives. It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK. These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days."

In full: Sussexes' statement and palace response
Harry and William deny 'offensive' bullying claims
Queen's statement on Harry and Meghan in full

Just pulling all the official statements together in once place!

This part of the statement :

"Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge.

"For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful."

Harmful to whose mental health?

I really hope Prince Harry stays out of the limelight. If Meghan wants to be a celebrity that's fine, it was always been her goal and her dream. But for him, he really needs to just become Harry Windsor and disappear from the public for at least 10 years. Drive his son to play school, secretly volunteer at a soup kitchen chopping vegetables, and spend his free time training for Spartan obstacles, trail running, and triathalons.

This part of the statement :

Harmful to whose mental health?

I really hope Prince Harry stays out of the limelight. If Meghan wants to be a celebrity that's fine, it was always been her goal and her dream. But for him, he really needs to just become Harry Windsor and disappear from the public for at least 10 years. Drive his son to play school, secretly volunteer at a soup kitchen chopping vegetables, and spend his free time training for Spartan obstacles, trail running, and triathalons.

polo & shooting, too!
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members