FL FL - Elizabeth "Lisa" Zea, 19, Sarasota, 10 January 1987

MaryG12

Reaction score
Lisa Zea was employed at Network Video store at 8348 S. Tamiami Trail/Rt 41 in Pelican Plaza, across from the Sarasota Square Mall. She left at 8:30 PM on Friday, January 9, 1987 after her workplace closed, and left in her car, a red Toyota Corolla, along with an unidentified young man. She was found dead in her car, which was located at the 300 block of Goodrich Ave, and Third St. Lisa was in the front seat of her car, beaten to death. Lisa's wallet was found by an angler near Wittacker Bayou, a canal that runs under Rt 41 near 18th St in Sarasota.

Lisa's boyfriend Eric Larson, age 19, was questioned by authorities but is not considered to be a suspect.The suspect has been described as Caucasian male, age 20's, 6 feet tall, 160 lbs, dark curly/wavy hair.

Lt.Jack Viana of the Sarasota Police Department mentioned that Sarasota detectives spoke to Hillsborough authorities regarding the abduction and murder of Stephanie Anne Collins, who disappeared from a shopping plaza on November 5, 1986, when she was found a month later, beaten to death and disposed of off a Hillsborough County road. Stephanie was a murder victim of serial killer Oscar Ray Bolin Jr.

Bolin was 25 years old in 1987 if he was involved with the murder of Zea. The two other known victims of Bolin are Natalie Blanche Holley, age 25, and Teri Lynn Matthews, age 26. Bolin was executed via lethal injection on January 7, 2016 by the state of Florida.

Lisa Zea's case remains unsolved.

Sources:

The Tampa Tribune, Tampa, FL, January 12, 1987 (attached)

Tampa Bay Times, St Peterburg, FL, January 26, 1987 (attached) includes photo of LisaTampaBayTimes_StPete_Jan_26_1987.jpg TheTampaTribune-FL-Jan-12-1987.jpg

The Herald Tribune, April 27, 2014

Sunday letters

Tampa Bay Times, January 8, 2016

https://www.tampabay.com/news/publi...ray-bolin-under-delay-for-final-appeal-to-us-

supreme/2260491/

Here is an article on another suspect: Google Groups

I saw that, Magaletti did not fit the description at 5'10', 299 lbs.

Consider when this murder happened too, FL gets a lot of transients this time of year. I do not mean the regular snowbirds, I mean criminals who come under the guise of snowbirds, like Richard Marc Evonitz, Michael Nicholaou, and others.

I wonder if this lady is related. She seems very passionate in her letter.

Posted Apr 27, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Sunday letters
Find Zea’s killer,

for sake of justice

Regarding last Sunday’s front-page article “I will find this guy...” (a quote from the deputy looking for the man accused of killing Doris Walker):

Each time I read something like this or see on TV that police solved a long-ago crime, hope springs that the murderer of Elizabeth Lisa Zea will be brought to justice. Lisa, dead longer than she lived, was abducted at Pelican Plaza, in Sarasota County, on a Friday night, Jan. 9, 1987, and was found beaten to death in her car the next day at Third Street and Goodrich Avenue. A 1990 article in the Sarasota Herald-Tribune states that police “say they do have sufficient physical evidence to link the attacker to the crime once he can be found. ‘This is a case where the evidence is there, but the suspect is not there at this point,’ said Sarasota police Sgt. Gerry Lacertosa.”

I hope law enforcement will identify Lisa’s killer and bring him to justice. Twenty-seven years is a long time to wait.

Sharron B. Morgan

Sarasota

I wonder if this lady is related. She seems very passionate in her letter.

Posted Apr 27, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Sunday letters
Find Zea’s killer,

for sake of justice

Regarding last Sunday’s front-page article “I will find this guy...” (a quote from the deputy looking for the man accused of killing Doris Walker):

Each time I read something like this or see on TV that police solved a long-ago crime, hope springs that the murderer of Elizabeth Lisa Zea will be brought to justice. Lisa, dead longer than she lived, was abducted at Pelican Plaza, in Sarasota County, on a Friday night, Jan. 9, 1987, and was found beaten to death in her car the next day at Third Street and Goodrich Avenue. A 1990 article in the Sarasota Herald-Tribune states that police “say they do have sufficient physical evidence to link the attacker to the crime once he can be found. ‘This is a case where the evidence is there, but the suspect is not there at this point,’ said Sarasota police Sgt. Gerry Lacertosa.”

I hope law enforcement will identify Lisa’s killer and bring him to justice. Twenty-seven years is a long time to wait.

Sharron B. Morgan

Sarasota

Or someone who knew her.

I hope this attachment is OK to post - Lisa's brother Michael, a year younger than she, was diagnosed in April of 1987 with Hodgkin's disease, at a time when he was working very hard to track down who murdered his sister. This is from Tampa Bay Times, St. Pete, May 11, 1987.

Attachments

• TampaBayTimes-StPete-May-11-1987-a.jpg
    TampaBayTimes-StPete-May-11-1987-a.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 10
If it wasn't Oscar Ray Bolin Jr. who killed Lisa, I wonder if the perp was David Alan Gore? Or maybe someone completely different?

If you go to Facebook and look up the page "If you grew up in Sarasota, FL...then you remember" you can search Liza Zea and see posts related to her. There are a number of people mentioning how they remembered her. One little clue, one little bit of DNA, and this can be solved. I hope it happens soon.

Refreshing the thread. Maybe if there is enough evidence remaining they could test it for DNA. Someone this violent doesn’t stop at one crime.

Refreshing the thread. Maybe if there is enough evidence remaining they could test it for DNA. Someone this violent doesn’t stop at one crime.

I am inclined to think it may be a SK from out of state. Sounds like it's about 1.8 miles from where she was found in her car, and where her wallet was discovered. Approximate locations attached.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 2

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads