Recovered/Located OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the home is unoccupied, not abandoned.
Not uncommon for many residents in costal towns to be snowbirds
Police can not just enter a home on a whim without cause.
Someone owns that home whether it be a person/s or the bank. Police are going to need permission to enter that home either be consent or search warrent.

I'd love to know what prompted LE to search this house! A tip most likely?

Thanks to the reporter Michael Tater and all the other members of the news media who have continued to cover this sad story. They've put a lot of effort into keeping the public up to date.

Of course, also thanks to LE for continuing to look for Harley.

Pretty sure this is okay to upload because it's from a live stream. If not, mods please remove. The WTOL guy said "I wish we could say something about the coat" and there APPEARS to be a maroon coat hanging on something in the upstairs middle window MOO !!!
That gave me the chills! That looks like Harley hung himself wearing the coat!
MOO

BCI on scene as police search house near Dilly home; boy still missing

A neighbor in the area told The Blade the house police searched has been vacant for roughly two years. Port Clinton police Sgt. Josh Nelson told The Blade he was called to the scene of an investigation into the Dilly youth’s disappearance after getting home from work Monday. He said he previously had searched the perimeter of the the vacant house with a police dog. He was unsure if the interior of the home had been previously searched.

Glowing light flooded out of the home’s windows, illuminating investigators as they worked inside. In a room upstairs, they could be seen examining a hooded red parka that hung from the top of a closet door. Police have said Harley was wearing a red parka at the time of his disappearance, though it was unclear Monday if the coat inside the vacant home was connected to the youth.

HarleyDilly coat.jpg

Pretty sure this is okay to upload because it's from a live stream. If not, mods please remove. The WTOL guy said "I wish we could say something about the coat" and there APPEARS to be a maroon coat hanging on something in the upstairs middle window MOO !!!
It looks like a leaf on the branch of a tree. See the other branches in the forefront?

I think ... maybe Harley's coat hanging in the window was a good sign they needed to search there.

It didn't look like it was hanging in the window, it looked like it was hanging off of an entry or closet door further into the room??

And right, if it was visible from the street (I doubt it) then someone would have had to report it, thus a TIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks