Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest in gentle peace, Harley and fly with the angels. :(
Sorry for your difficult life.
I wish you had had a decent chance.

Condolences to your sister Ashlynn and little brother, Roary.
They loved you , and so did we at Websleuths'.

The fireplace opening is usually in a first floor den/living room. LE would have found him there, because no one was on the roof with tools removing anyone/anything overnight. That suggests that most likely someone had to have put him there. It makes sense that he would not have been drawn to climb up in there himself, given how dirty it would be. LE probably needed drones working in the light of day to make sure the opening wasn't wide enough for him to have somehow climbed in from the top and fallen down. He was slender.

They weren't working downstairs on the live lastnight.
The primary LE activity in the house was on the second floor.
This is where the drywall was removed.

All we know is that a wall was taken down (at least partially). If Harley was not in the chimney but behind that wall, would it be possible for him to accidentally fall between two walls from an unfinished attic? I'm not sure how wide the spaces would be. MOO

Reporters are looking far too much into the wall IMO. The wall could have been cut simply because there was evidence of some kind on it. I don't think it implies he was necessarily stuck somewhere despite what Fox8 chooses to make up.

I'll be very surprised, actually astonished, if it turns out he gained access to the house through the top of the chimney. He was a smart kid, probably figured out how to open a window, and probably the police already know which one. Maybe there was a cellar window he figured out how to open.

And then there's this....I just don't see him going down the chimney unless he thought he could and then got trapped. Chimney and Fireplace Sizing

Last edited:
I am so angry and infuriated that my brain isn't working to form coherent sentences or observations.
The list of F ups in this investigation has me bristling. My only hope is that actually the sheriff had a plan to smoke someone out, and these seemingly deliberate errors were all part of it somehow. *sigh*

Thanks. Reporter showed how close that house is to his home. My goodness. It is literally across the street and not far at all. Within a couple hundred feet or so.

Why that house was not adequately searched before now is upsetting.

If you want to open up the link in a new window, first click PLAY and then use the three dot "..." option box on bottom right and then select "copy link" and then open a new window and paste the link into the new window's URL area.

They weren't working downstairs on the live lastnight.
The primary LE activity in the house was on the second floor.
This is where the drywall was removed.
Sounds as though you have a source. I'm curious--perhaps you know why they removed the drywall? Could he have been hurt on the second floor and ended up on the first?

Did anyone else notice these things? ...There was a YT video posted on the 12th (“FBI raid in Harley Dilly case”) that features a video from Harley’s 2.o channel. Minute 18 features a still from the video and Harley appears to be laying head to head with someone. It’s only from 2 months ago. It is very, very odd. Who is that person?? Also, in the surveillance image that is allegedly taken as HD was crossing in front of his house heading towards the alley, there is clearly a young tree or lamp post to the right. Problem is there is no young tree or lamp post in the same location when you street view. He’d have to have walked West down his street first and doubled back get that angle. Suppose it could have been removed since the Google view was captured.

Echoing some thoughts here.
WHY OH WHY didn't they look through an empty house a few houses down from the Dilly residence ??? *insert swearing*
He would've been alive then.
Harley hasn't been dead for all of this time.

Someone found him and killed him; imo.

My other theory was that he tried to hide and froze to death, but it would've been just warm enough in there for him to survive, correct ?

This is MOO!
I don't think Harley was using this house to "hide out" in.
It faces the main road, has nearby houses and a house directly facing it. Had Harley been in there prior, neighbors would have noticed activity, he couldn't used any lights (even prior to missing). Everyone knows which houses are seasonal or vacant and they keep an eye on them for break ins (especially nosy older neighbors!) . We've had police called on us for entering our own seasonal home in this area on more than one occasion. Had he been hanging out in there prior to going missing, he would have been caught IMO.

Harley likely would not have froze in the house. We've been unseasonably warm through Dec and Jan. The house itself would have enough shield / warmth that a person wouldn't get hypothermia even if the heat wasn't turned on (it depends, some people leave heat in these houses on low to avoid freezing pipes and others winterize and shut it down completely. Either way I think freezing to death in the house is off the table based on the weather we've had and knowing that the home had at least mattresses inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member