The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William must of found it hard to step up and perform the investiture service today. But he seems to be able to do the right thing for his family and country when called upon. I admire that about him. He will make a good king, IMO

The video I’ve linked is right before the Queen’s 90th birthday. William seems so appreciative of his family and the Queen. If you compare this with how Harry and Meagan have treated her I believe you can better understand the outrage people feel over this situation. The first few minutes PW talks about how the Queen feels about her family. How sad to be Grandmother at her age and be going through all this.

Do you think PW has any say in the Duchy income distribution since he will inherit one day? I think I would have a problem with supporting someone who isn’t working full time for the crown with those funds - I think they should live off of what he inherited from his mom IMO

I agree. I do know a family that gave one child a hefty sum, in the millions, & he, (the adult child) was removed from the family trust. He wanted him money now. It took time for the family’s legal & accounting team to arrive at a figure, as the other children will benefit from long term investments, most likely. They all agreed & the adult child went on to open his own biz & is doing very well.

Prince William must of found it hard to step up and perform the investiture service today. But he seems to be able to do the right thing for his family and country when called upon. I admire that about him. He will make a good king, IMO

The video I’ve linked is right before the Queen’s 90th birthday. William seems so appreciative of his family and the Queen. If you compare this with how Harry and Meagan have treated her I believe you can better understand the outrage people feel over this situation. The first few minutes PW talks about how the Queen feels about her family. How sad to be Grandmother at her age and be going through all this.
Yes, I really liked the way he took the trouble to learn some sign language to congratulate
Alex Duguid ( interpreter for the deaf on TV).

Prince Harry's friend, Dean Stott, who has worked with him on charity events and is a former soldier himself, posted a nice little paragraph on his public instagram. I am not sure if we're allowed to post links from instagram but this is the text:

"The Duke of Sussex has and will continue to hold the utmost respect from the entire military community for his service both in Uniform and out.
He served 10 years, 2 tours of Afghanistan, then gone on to set up @weareinvictusgames @endeavourfund worked with countless Military charities and brought a new age of how mental health is treated amongst serving soldiers and veterans. He has gone above and beyond what is expected of an officer in the @britisharmy
Say what you want about the current situation but I defy any man to say this man does not deserve the full respect awarded to a soldier."

It's nice for Harry to have a bit of support right now.

Prince Harry's friend, Dean Stott, who has worked with him on charity events and is a former soldier himself, posted a nice little paragraph on his public instagram. I am not sure if we're allowed to post links from instagram but this is the text:

"The Duke of Sussex has and will continue to hold the utmost respect from the entire military community for his service both in Uniform and out.
He served 10 years, 2 tours of Afghanistan, then gone on to set up @weareinvictusgames @endeavourfund worked with countless Military charities and brought a new age of how mental health is treated amongst serving soldiers and veterans. He has gone above and beyond what is expected of an officer in the @britisharmy
Say what you want about the current situation but I defy any man to say this man does not deserve the full respect awarded to a soldier."

So how honorable is it as a military man to drop a committment you made a year ago to honor the 21 Royal Marines killed by the IRA, a charity group you are the Honorary Head of, to go to a movie premier for a Hollywood film not very much related to the UK and certainly not to any of your charities or sponsorships?

Did he not even consider the family, friends, and comrades who note this painful anniversary of the sacrifice of their loved ones?

Actions speak louder than words on that one.

Appreciate we have to agree to disagree on this but to balance the viewpoint, I am British and feel zero outrage. Not one dot of it. We don't know how the queen feels, other than supportive according to the public statement. I suspect she is far more upset by the alleged shenanigans of her own son which if true, are absolutely scandalous.

It makes total sense to me that Harry is desperate to prevent history repeating itself. If this means stepping back, so be it. I think his family would understand. Who can forget the momentous "annus horribilus" (excuse spelling) Christmas speech?

I dont feel any personal animosity or dislike towards Meghan or Harry. How can I, without knowing them? I'm not going to form opinions based on click bait shoddily written press. From a very young age, my mum gave me some excellent advice. She said if people are being mean to you, and you've done nothing to hurt them personally, they are motivated by jealousy because you're more beautiful and a better person than they can ever be. This has carried me in very good stead for half a century.

JMO

So lovely, thanks for sharing. I bet this means the world to Harry

Appreciate we have to agree to disagree on this but to balance the viewpoint, I am British and feel zero outrage. Not one dot of it. We don't know how the queen feels, other than supportive according to the public statement. I suspect she is far more upset by the alleged shenanigans of her own son which if true, are absolutely scandalous.

It makes total sense to me that Harry is desperate to prevent history repeating itself. If this means stepping back, so be it. I think his family would understand. Who can forget the momentous "annus horribilus" (excuse spelling) Christmas speech?

I dont feel any personal animosity or dislike towards Meghan or Harry. How can I, without knowing them? I'm not going to form opinions based on click bait shoddily written press. From a very young age, my mum gave me some excellent advice. She said if people are being mean to you, and you've done nothing to hurt them personally, they are motivated by jealousy because you're more beautiful and a better person than they can ever be. This has carried me in very good stead for half a century. JMO

I’m glad you feel no outrage, but obviously, many do. its actually more DISRESPECT I think they feel. And the video I posted showing William’s obvious respect and love of his grandmother and the crown was comparing what “appears” to be a different attitude than the one in evidence by MM and PH.

I’m glad you feel no outrage, but obviously, many do. its actually more DISRESPECT I think they feel. And the video I posted showing William’s obvious respect and love of his grandmother and the crown was comparing what “appears” to be a different attitude than the one in evidence by MM and PH.
I dont think it's disrespectful either though. But again, we all have differing views.

So the Harry has a supporter in Hugh Grant. Isn't this the dude that got caught having sex with a prostitute in his car, in public, on Sunset Blvd., in broad daylight? I guess he has empathy for the press reporting bad behavior!

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/14/why-hugh-grant-is-siding-with-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle/

Yes that was him, almost 25 years ago.
He was brilliant in Paddington 2 so I've forgiven him.

"said a source"

Not sure if either of these websites, purporting to be giving us news, can be considered MSM.

Not denying the honorable military service by Prince Harry

However, when a journalist they hand-picked for their tour of southern Africa is around discussing a threat of theirs to expose supposed grievances, I lose all respect for him, and her.

I don’t see future King and Queen Consort William and Catheine stooping to tabloid level.

They have jobs to do and children to care for. They have public appearances to work with and honor the people of their country. Unlike the Sussexes who made a huge point of needing to make money, the Cambridges just take on all the additional work of The Crown that the Sussexes won’t do anymore.

I think THAT is honor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member