Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart breaks for Harley and his family . I can’t judge the parents . youth with personality disorder are hard on a parent and a lot of times help isn’t available you gotta fight for it . Parents handle it differently sometimes it’s really hard and a lot of rebellion .but the le I’m angry at them even last night after Harley’s sister posted the police chief said no body. Can’t believe him he’s trying to cover his butt because he messed up really bad . Rest in piece Harley

Harley was 14. I doubt a personality disorder had been diagnosed in HIM. The bigger issue affecting this case is that apparently he was locked out of his own home by his parent.

JMO

So that means he'd have to have taken off his coat before he went down the chimney because no way he could have done that while he was already in there. He would have had to drag then coat in after him.

I think Harley likely removed his coat and glasses before getting inside the chimney himself. He probably thought that wearing his puffy jacket would make him too bulky to fit inside. Once he climbed inside he could have pushed his coat further down the with his feet. It must have worked as his coat and jacket made it down the flue and visible to the investigators.

As for police not entering the house earlier, this was an unoccupied home for several years and I think the owners kept the doors and windows well secured. Police chief described entry secured by both knob and deadbolt locks. Even if there was a home security system installed, I doubt the chimney would have been alarmed. I know my chimney is not sensored in my own security system.

I can't help but think how Harley would have produced his next YT describing a real "bonehead" move in his usual self deprecating manner. He was such a typical teen in so many ways and really sorry for him that his last moments must have been fearful and full of anxiety. God speed young man.

MOO

I do hope that LE check for any evidence that Harley may not have been alone. We assume he went on to the roof and into the chimney all on his own. But there should be a check to make sure that no other person was with him (either friend or foe). I think he was probably by himself, but then again, who knows? MOO

they really said this? looking at the pictures, that antenna is a long way from the chimney. This sounds so illogical and improbable to me. What are the chances a live body would fall from that antenna and perfectly slide down the chimney ? I’m not buying that.

That’s some “extra creative fake news”

As others have said... seems very unlikely that he slipped off the antenna into the chimney based on seeing the aerial of house in an earlier post. Having said that it seems equally illogical that he would place himself into that chimney at all. Very sad ending.

I think Harley likely removed his coat and glasses before getting inside the chimney himself. He probably thought that wearing his puffy jacket would make him too bulky to fit inside. Once he climbed inside he could have pushed his coat further down the with his feet. It must have worked as his coat and jacket made it down the flue and visible to the investigators.

As for police not entering the house earlier, this was an unoccupied home for several years and I think the owners kept the doors and windows well secured. Police chief described entry secured by both knob and deadbolt locks. Even if there was a home security system installed, I doubt the chimney would have been alarmed. I know my chimney is not sensored in my own security system.

I can't help but think how Harley would have produced his next YT describing a real "bonehead" move in his usual self deprecating manner. He was such a typical teen in so many ways and really sorry for him that his last moments must have been fearful and full of anxiety. God speed young man.

MOO

I agree 100%

I was wrong in believing he met a nefarious end.

It sounds like law enforcement decided to go back to square one. Because the chief talked about all the windows and doors being secured, I think the implication was that law enforcement had previously searched the outside of the house.

It sounds like they decided to actually go inside for the first time yesterday. The house had a lockbox, which meant that multiple people could have had access. I think this was the reason they finally decided to go in and check it out.

Exactly correct!
LE typically goes back to SQUARE ONE. I've seen it on many previous cases so this one would be no different. I believe LE retraced steps earlier than other cases because this was a missing child case. This was a difficult case from the beginning due to the vast SM and online activity which HAD to be tracked thoroughly.

While every case may have what others perceive as LE bungling and blowing the investigation doesn't make it so.
I take LE at their word.

Harley was 14. I doubt a personality disorder had been diagnosed in HIM. The bigger issue affecting this case is that apparently he was locked out of his own home by his parent.

JMO
No he wouldn’t be diagnosed with it I have a 16 yr old granddaughter that’s bipolar she’s on the meds but they will not label them at that age . But there was something going on between him and his parents . It’s just really sad that they all failed him

82261486_2628758647200782_7163745728760643584_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member