Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably a dumb question, but is there a way to get the search warrant that allowed LE to dig in the yard where the body was found? As I recall, they went to the property the day before, but left that evening to get a search warrant, then came back the following day and found the body. The search warrant would presumably have some information about how they knew to search in that area. Is there a way to get that?

It happens all day, every day.

A male, age 17 is accused of a heinous crime, and the media refers to him as a "young man"
Same dude, is a victim of a heinous crime and the media refers to him as a "teenage boy".

It's a pet peeve of mine. :mad:

17 Murder Cases About Kids Killing People That’ll Scare The *advertiser censored* Out Of You

these male and females have the word young mentioned in link, although in description of age, there are no adjectives, stating very young and immature 10 year old, went on to....
or even mentions young.

Imo, regarding innocence, guilt, witness, POI, or suspect, a person is either considered a child or an adult, however, ironically young is no excuse for crimes committed in regards to little experience in the world, immaturity, and not being old enough to understand the gravity of their decisions to commit a crime.

At 22, when an expert witness or star witness is called to testify, very young, is not used to describe the witness. They are viewed as an 'adult.'

Imo, the word is used or not used, for whomever and whatever circumstance, benefits the person most whom is being described.

Last edited:
This is probably a dumb question, but is there a way to get the search warrant that allowed LE to dig in the yard where the body was found? As I recall, they went to the property the day before, but left that evening to get a search warrant, then came back the following day and found the body. The search warrant would presumably have some information about how they knew to search in that area. Is there a way to get that?
I asked this earlier and didn't see any replies. I did an internet search and it looks like typically search warrants are not available to the public until late in the process (the case goes to trial, solved, or closed - I don't remember exact time). I assume the justification for the warrant could expose key details of the investigation that LE wouldn't want potential POIs to know.

I asked this earlier and didn't see any replies. I did an internet search and it looks like typically search warrants are not available to the public until late in the process (the case goes to trial, solved, or closed - I don't remember exact time). I assume the justification for the warrant could expose key details of the investigation that LE wouldn't want potential POIs to know.
Yes, that's been my experience with cases--usually information from the warrants comes out after the case has been resolved in some fashion, either there has been a plea deal, it reached court, or the suspects are dead. Even if someone is charged doesn't mean that information from the warrants would be released at that time since the results of the case would still be up in the air.

The best we have for now is MSN reports that tip(s) led investigators to the general area that appeared to include a ball field. Seems once they discovered the shallow grave they made the decision to return in the daylight hours -- intent not to disturb any evidence.

I don't expect any warrants to be made public while this is still classified as a "death investigation." Obviously, PH did not bury herself but there's been no formal announcement by LE that this is being investigated as a homicide.

Nonetheless - the only reason to cover PH in the ground is to cover any evidence that will lead to the individual suspects responsible for putting her there.

Whether PH's death involved drugs or not, one also can't forget that whether or not this was a drug party among friends sharing a stash, the individual supplying any illicit drug can be charged with murder in the state of Alabama.

MOO

As stated in The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc and has been said many times in these threads:

Members cannot sleuth anyone other than a victim and an officially named POI/suspect. Any other individual who is named in an MSM article ... you may discuss what they say or what is said about them in MSM but you may NOT sleuth them. This means sleuthing out their personal information and posting about it in these threads.

Folks, this is not hard to understand. STOP sleuthing the friend.

A news reporter here mentioned that in another state she worked in the permits allowing bars, pubs, music clubs, etc required a certain number of security cameras. The number of cameras and their location was dependent on club size, proximity to streets, parking lots and some other criteria I fail to remember.

I recall thinking how great an idea this was. If the same criteria existed with permitting here law enforcement would have more definitive information about when she left and who she left with. I understand there are security cameras at Tin Roof but most of them point at the bar. Presumably the owners watching over their own employees.

All this is clearly MOO and based on what I remember hearing from local news.

CITIZEN ACCESS PORTAL

Property tax site for Jefferson County. From there you can enter the address and get the last known owner and some valuation information. Not sure what that's worth but things are pretty quiet here so trying to break the silence. Last name of owner hasn't changed with history from 2013-present. Taxes are currently delinquent it appears. Were due 10/1/19 and delinquent 12/31/19. Will soon have a tax lien and be sold at public auction whenever the next tax sale is scheduled.

For those that want to know what happened, it's a good thing was buried. LE is forced to look more closely at the case.
I agree. The irony. The perpetrator(s) sure did open a whole new can of worms by burying PH, ensuring a very thorough investigation. What evilness (if murder), stupidity and lack of compassion (if overdose).

With so little-known facts I know I should not even be commenting BUT here I am. I can’t help myself. Like everyone else I want Justice and feel the need to try to exorcise some demons from my head by putting my meager 2 cents in.

What I do know for a fact is that this family is forever changed.

I just hope this is solved and another can is opened. A can of whoop-#ss.

CITIZEN ACCESS PORTAL

Property tax site for Jefferson County. From there you can enter the address and get the last known owner and some valuation information. Not sure what that's worth but things are pretty quiet here so trying to break the silence. Last name of owner hasn't changed with history from 2013-present. Taxes are currently delinquent it appears. Were due 10/1/19 and delinquent 12/31/19. Will soon have a tax lien and be sold at public auction whenever the next tax sale is scheduled.

I did find in simply googling the address that another person was listed as a renter for this address.

CITIZEN ACCESS PORTAL

I see a large junior of that name , but who knows if they are related but large .....quite big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak