GUILTY VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, autistic, brutally murdered, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST* #2

Honestly, somebody please explain this to me and I mean this sincerely. How can someone do this?

I am so far removed from this type of behaviour. I nuture, I love, I share, I enjoy and I revel in children, dogs, cats and all animals. I spent today at work handing out candy to children who were trick or treating in the mall. I got so much joy from all those little faces. It was so much fun.

I cannot fathom a person doing what was done to Noah. My brain will not accept what I have read here today.

I can't stop the tears. What is wrong with people? And it's not all about the drugs. It has to be something in the person. I won't accept that drugs are to blame. They don't help, but they are not the sole reason that this happens over and over again.

And CPS.....something needs to be done here. I know they are overworked but so many children are dying on their watch. I am so mad on so many levels today.

MOO

it is not for us to understand. i don't want to. we are normal, compassionate ppl who love children. even most folks who aren't "kid ppl" would understand or want anything to do w this. something is missing or broken in these monsters.

Yes, yes cvaldez! I do not ever WANT to understand these people. I wonder if we will ever really know what happened in precious Noah's last hours.

Rest in Jesus' arms, dear baby :( And peace and comfort to all those following this case who are so deeply traumatized by it.

it is not for us to understand. i don't want to. we are normal, compassionate ppl who love children. even most folks who aren't "kid ppl" would understand or want anything to do w this. something is missing or broken in these monsters.

This is exactly it. We can’t understand, we will never understand, and we will never want to. To understand would be to lose some of our humanity. Because anyone with a shred of humanity would NEVER be able to look that sweet little boy in the face and do the things that she did to him. Never.

This case has gutted me.

Well, as long as she stays behind bars and as the chief said, she is never allowed to hold a child again, it doesn't really matter whether she cares or not. At least her children will be safe and justice will be served.

Imo
Justice will NEVER be served in this case or cases like it. Spending one’s life in prison or even getting the death penalty is a slap on the wrist compared to the absolute torture and terror they subjected the children to. There is no justice when it comes to the murder of a child.

4 Months After Body of Missing 2-Year-Old Boy is Found, Mom Charged With His ‘Horrific’ Murder
".... The toddler, Noah Tomlin, died from two fractures to his skull that “were not only severe, but horrific,” Hampton Commonwealth’s Attorney Anton Bell said in a news conference Thursday.
Those fractures, along with additional injuries that included jaw fractures, hip fractures and bruised ribs — some of which had begun to heal — suggested long-term abuse that could not have been caused accidentally based on the autopsy, said Bell...."

Hope she rots in prison for the rest of her life.
Thinking about how much he must have cried. :(
With little understanding as to why "mom" was hurting him ?

Wondering how much they can charge her with --any way this monster can get life without parole ?

The charges against Julia Tomlin were certified to be sent to a grand jury. Her son, Noah, went missing for days over the summer before being found dead in Hampton.

A Hampton Police officer testified Monday that he had to leave the scene after finding the remains of Noah Tomlin due to the overwhelming smell and sight.

Prosecutors presented evidence at the preliminary hearing that established enough probable cause to send the case to the grand jury, the judge said.

One piece of evidence was Julia Tomlin's interview with the FBI on June 28, five days before Noah's body was found.

Tomlin told the FBI that she attempted to give the child CPR after he drowned in the bathtub and hit his head. She recanted the statement later, citing that she said this to "prove a point."

One of the fathers of Tomlin's 10 children testified Monday that she bought heroin from him the night before Noah Tomlin died.

Grand Jury date set January 10th

Julia Tomlin murder case moves forward to grand jury

Last edited:
I hope that the "father of one of her children" feels okay about selling her heroine while she had 3 children under the age of 3 in her care. :mad::mad::(

I hope this perp spends the rest of her life behind bars.
Further, I wish he could be prosecuted himself!!

Do we know anything about the other nine children? I hate to think about them going back to Fathers like the one above :(

A Hampton Circuit Court grand jury on Monday indicted the mother of a 2-year-old boy whose body was found in a trash incinerator after a 10-day search last summer.

Julia Leanna Tomlin, 35, was indicted on a charge of second-degree murder in the death of Noah Tomlin, whose remains were found July 3 at the city’s trash plant off Wythe Creek Road.

Tomlin was also indicted Monday on five other felony counts, Hampton Commonwealth’s Attorney Anton Bell said: Concealing of a dead body; three counts of felony child neglect pertaining to Noah and two other children; and a brand new count of child abuse involving Noah.

Tomlin was previously arrested on the murder, child neglect and body concealment charges, with a Hampton juvenile court judge ruling in early December that sufficient evidence exists to send those charges to a Circuit Court grand jury.

“We had one additional charge, based on the prior injuries to the child prior to his death," Bell said Monday, declining to elaborate about the toddler’s previous injuries that formed the basis of that count.

A jury trial is expected to be set for later this year, with a hearing scheduled for Friday to set the trial date.

Hampton grand jury indicts Noah Tomlin’s mother on murder, child abuse charges in 2-year-old’s death

The mother of 2-year-old Noah Tomlin, who was found dead in July, is set for trial on murder charges in mid-March in Hampton Circuit Court.

In a hearing Friday morning, judge Michael Gaten scheduled a jury trial to last five days, from March 9–13.

Friday was the first time Julia Leanna Tomlin, 35, appeared in circuit court on these charges. She was indicted by a grand jury Monday on charges of second-degree murder, child abuse, concealing a dead body and three counts of child neglect.

A Hampton juvenile court judge ruled in early December that enough evidence existed to send the charges from that court to the grand jury after a preliminary hearing.

She is represented by public defender Althea Mease. At the hearing Friday, Mease said that the defense sought a bench trial — with the outcome decided by a judge, not a jury.

Hampton commonwealth’s attorney Anton Bell said that prosecutors wanted a jury trial. Gaten said that because one of the sides requested a jury trial, that’s how the outcome would be decided.

Bell said March 9–13 was one of a handful of weeks where he believed all of the prosecution’s witnesses would be available. During Tomlin’s preliminary hearing in juvenile and domestic relations court in December, prosecutors called over a dozen witnesses. The trial may last longer or shorter than the scheduled time.

Mease said there likely would be several pre-trial motions, given the nature of the case, but asked that the court consider them as they go instead of scheduling hearing dates Friday. Gaten agreed to play it by ear, so long as the hearings are done efficiently.

Trial for Julia Tomlin, charged with murder after death of 2-year-old son, set for March 9

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back