Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian, Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels wrong to say I’m glad he was found. I’m so sorry for Paul and his loved ones.

There was one person on this thread who was certain he was going to be found in the park just like this, and props to you (don’t know your name) for standing up for what you believed in and getting it right.

I cannot imagine how the drone recognized remains that old, but thankful for the family that they did.

IMO, you are looking for the slightest variation changes in the surroundings. Good eye to whoever flagged it while viewing footage. When some people have come across remains, they are not sure what they are looking at but know it's out of place.

So many of us have been following this case from the very beginning. All of us presenting all our theories and wonderment over the mystery that surrounded it for so long.

It's a positive to see the thread finally be moved to the "located" forum, though extremely sad for the end results for Paul and for his family. May they all find some peace at last in being reunited with Paul, having part of the mystery solved, and being able to bring him home to rest.

RIP Paul Miller. I hope your last adventure had the rewards you were seeking when you excitedly hiked that last trail.

GUELPH -- Authorities in California have confirmed remains found in Joshua Tree National Park are that of 51-year-old Paul Miller.

His Guelph family is getting closure after Miller had been missing since the summer of 2018 while on vacation at the park.

Since then, the family had made several trips back to California to search for him.

While the family was back in Canada, volunteers at the park continued the search as well.

Now, they realized in the initial search they were only 15 feet from where Paul died.

“He still had water in his pack. He still had food in his pack. So whatever happened, happened quickly,” says Miller’s wife, Stephanie.

The family is now left to grieve again.

“It’s bittersweet. It’s almost like I lost him twice. Back in July and then now,” Stephanie says.

But without the family’s relentless efforts to find Miller and insisting on using a drone to help in the search, it is possible his body would have never been found.

Miller’s family and friends plan to make one more trip back to Joshua Tree National Park and take a walk to the Oasis.

“The last picture on his camera was of the oasis. So he made it to the Oasis and was on his way back,” says Stephanie.

BBM
Guelph man’s remains found in California

GUELPH -- Authorities in California have confirmed remains found in Joshua Tree National Park are that of 51-year-old Paul Miller.

His Guelph family is getting closure after Miller had been missing since the summer of 2018 while on vacation at the park.

Since then, the family had made several trips back to California to search for him.

While the family was back in Canada, volunteers at the park continued the search as well.

Now, they realized in the initial search they were only 15 feet from where Paul died.

“He still had water in his pack. He still had food in his pack. So whatever happened, happened quickly,” says Miller’s wife, Stephanie.

“It’s bittersweet. It’s almost like I lost him twice. Back in July and then now,” Stephanie says.

But without the family’s relentless efforts to find Miller and insisting on using a drone to help in the search, it is possible his body would have never been found.

Miller’s family and friends plan to make one more trip back to Joshua Tree National Park and take a walk to the Oasis.

“The last picture on his camera was of the oasis. So he made it to the Oasis and was on his way back,” says Stephanie.

BBM
I'm so sad that he likely didn't get to see the sheep. :(. Glad he made it to the oasis though. I am in shock that he still had both food and water. Like his wife said, whatever happened, happened fast. So if it wasn't self-harm, perhaps something like a heart attack. I really honestly do not think we'll ever know. May Paul RIP.

BBM
15 feet?
Heartbreaking!

RIP Paul.
I am glad your family insisted on using the drone and never gave up on finding you.

So happy they get to lay him to rest and say goodbye.....so many other family's sadly don't ever get that opportunity.:(

JMO

15 feet?
Heartbreaking!

RIP Paul.
I am glad your family insisted on using the drone and never gave up on finding you.

So happy they get to lay him to rest and say goodbye.....so many other family's sadly don't ever get that opportunity.:(

JMO
When I listened to the interview with his wife (video posted above), I believe it was stated as 50 feet. But the written quote I saw said 15 feet. 50 sounds more plausible, and continues to make me wish MSM would fact check. JMO

"You may never get back this life, so do something in this lifetime worthy of celebration."
- Debasish Mridha

Paul's friends and family will gather to remember the countless things about him that are worthy of celebrating.
Those who were touched by Paul's infectious spirit and joy for life are encouraged to join the event.

CELEBRATING PAUL'S LIFE
Saturday, February 1st, 2020
7-10 pm | Words of memoriam at 8 pm
Victoria Park East | 1096 Victoria Road South

Find Paul Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors