Identified! TX - Williamson Co., WhtFem 74UFTX, 20-30, 'Cinco de Corona' TShirt, Sep'89 - Sue Ann Huskey

This one caught my attention (1) because her facial structure is spot-on, and (2) because she had her appendix removed (as did the UID).

Joanne Catherine Foley

The Doe Network: Case File 2876DFON

JCFoley.JPG
74UFTX.jpg

Her vital stats are within reasonable bounds. The lag between Joanne's DLC and the UID's death is about 4 months. The big question would be whether the body was decomposed enough from a 1-2 weeks postmortem interval to not be able to see the devil tattooed on her back.

Also, DoeNet says that Joanne had both a Cesarean scar and an appendectomy scar, whereas NamUs and DoeNet indicate just one scar on the UID.

I have not followed this case or the thread so if it is resolved please pardon my bringing it forward. In searching something (possibly) related, I read the post and want to comment on the single scar in a cesarean delivery and subsequent appendectomy if that was he case in MP identifiers.

According to NCBI.gov and other medical resources ..."There are three main reasons to perform an incidental appendectomy (at the time of cesarean section): To reduce future mortality and morbidity from appendicitis in women of childbearing age; to eliminate undiagnosed incidental pathology in the appendix; and to eliminate the appendix from diagnostic consideration when the patient presents with abdominal or pelvic complaints"...

Also worth noting it is common practice to remove the appendix in other abdominal surgeries i.e, cholecystectomy.

If this information is no longer relevant to this case, it could prove useful or applicable to others.

Attachments

• 42F361C0-15DF-44F2-8918-74C1B1D27930.jpeg
    42F361C0-15DF-44F2-8918-74C1B1D27930.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 35
  • 5D6383F3-6E04-462C-B769-AB76233AE725.jpeg
    5D6383F3-6E04-462C-B769-AB76233AE725.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 08E4D680-1B98-4462-AE18-9D99DED964AA.jpeg
    08E4D680-1B98-4462-AE18-9D99DED964AA.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 21516FB0-BDE9-4AC5-B8A5-AE7D28D00E0C.jpeg
    21516FB0-BDE9-4AC5-B8A5-AE7D28D00E0C.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 24
I have to say few days ago family member contacted my fb page stating that they had visit from police due to genealogy research leading to them. Police have obtained their DNA for final check/comparison to Corona Jane Doe. They do have missing family member.

I have not pried for the details or even for the name of the missing person, but if its true and it will be confirmed match than DNA Doe Project led to the family within 2-3 days of them doing actual genealogy research.

While family is once again in emotional turmoil due to all this surfacing after decades, we have to remember that this is murder investigation so all of us will have to wait till LE is ready to reveal the name.

If match is confirmed (hopefully it is and soon) DNA Doe project perhaps will confirm it as they have done in previous cases as preliminary Identification without releasing her name.

Published Dec 27, 2019
DNA Doe Project to look into 'Corona Girl' Williamson County Cold Case

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office announced that one of their cold case is getting picked up by the DNA Doe Project.

They will be looking into the Corona Girl Jane Doe case.

On Sept. 25 1989, an unidentified woman was found in brush near I-35 in Williamson County. She had been shot multiple times.

It was determined that she was 18-24 years of age.

When found she was wearing a white t-shirt with “Cinco De Corona” and “Celebrate Corona” logos with the sleeves and bottom cut like fringe over a bra. She had on bikini panties under black knit pants, but no shoes. She wore one earring and 16-18 inch necklace consisting of one white bead in the center of four gold-colored beads.

Her right ear was pierced 3 times, her left ear pierced 2 times. She had an appendectomy scar on her abdomen.

She is known as “Corona Girl” for her t-shirt.

DNA Doe Project to look into 'Corona Girl' Williamson County Cold Case

While family is once again in emotional turmoil due to all this surfacing after decades, we have to remember that this is murder investigation so all of us will have to wait till LE is ready to reveal the name.

Oh the poor family. Even if it's not a match I can only imagine the horror at the possibility that this could be their missing relative. And I'm guessing that confirmation only triggers a whole lot of police interviews of family to determine what light - if any - they can shed light on a case. Sometimes I forget that IDing a person is really just the trigger for a whole renewed LE process.

Oh the poor family. Even if it's not a match I can only imagine the horror at the possibility that this could be their missing relative. And I'm guessing that confirmation only triggers a whole lot of police interviews of family to determine what light - if any - they can shed light on a case. Sometimes I forget that IDing a person is really just the trigger for a whole renewed LE process.

Yeah, it's the end and kind of a triumphant moment for us but the beginning of hell for the family.

She has been identified as Sue Ann Husky/Huskey.

Williamson County Sheriff's Office identifies victim in 30-year-old cold case

From the Williamson County Sheriff Facebook page:
"*THIS IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH RACHEL COOKE CASE: *

The WCSO Cold Case Unit & @SheriffChody will hold a press conference to provide an update on a cold case.
When: January 15, 2020
Time: 1 p.m.
Where: Williamson County Sheriff's Office, 508 S. Rock St. in Georgetown.
No other information will be released at this time."

Last edited:
Mother confirms identity of 30-year WilCo cold case 'Corona Girl'

"Family members say Williamson County investigators have identified 'Corona Girl' -- the victim in a 30-year cold case.

Her family told us her name is Sue Ann Huskey.

Sue Bryant told CBS Austin she's been waiting over 30 years to learn what happened to her daughter.

Husky was living in Sulphur Springs, east of Dallas, in 1989. That's where she was last seen.

Bryant filed a missing person's report on her daughter -- but never learned what happened.

Three weeks ago, she says a Williamson County detective took DNA swabs from the family to help confirm Huskey's identity.

On Wednesday, the Williamson County Sheriff's Office will hold a press conference with information on how their investigation led to Sue Ann Huskey's identity."

She has been identified as Sue Ann Husky.

Williamson County Sheriff's Office identifies victim in 30-year-old cold case

From the Williamson County Sheriff Facebook page:
"*THIS IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH RACHEL COOKE CASE: *

The WCSO Cold Case Unit & @SheriffChody will hold a press conference to provide an update on a cold case.
When: January 15, 2020
Time: 1 p.m.
Where: Williamson County Sheriff's Office, 508 S. Rock St. in Georgetown.
No other information will be released at this time."

‘Corona Girl’ identified, ending 30-year-old Williamson Co. cold case

RIP Sue. The hand drawn recon was pretty spot on. The eyes needed to be a little further apart and the jawline a little narrower (though to be fair she is smiling in the picture and may look more like the recon when not smiling) but otherwise it looks a lot like her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back