CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.
Let's say she wore pants/shorts and a blouse to drop off Lexie at the kennel.
Did she go back home and then change into the swimsuit/under garments ?
One would think that no, she changed into that attire after arriving at the hiking area.
So RT says she was never in the RV that day, at all ?
Or just that she didn't access the RV after they arrived at Kelbaker and were returning from their 'walk' ?
Sorry for so many questions.
Just a few theories I have.
The only way I see her missing in her underwear would be if someone (the random kidnapper) ambushed her while she was changing. :(

Wait wait wait. If we assume that RT has told the truth, they were on their way for a few days of camping. BT would have had a variety of clothing with her.

IF she indeed went hiking in her swimsuit/underwear, wouldn't the natural assumption be that the rest of her clothes, including what she wore doing errands that morning, would be in the RV?

Maybe she changed at some point along the drive (during a stop she could have popped into the RV to change) because she wanted to hang out in her bikini for part of the drive.

Or she might have had her clothes on until they stopped to hike, and she changed then.

I don't see the relevance of these details. Especially since WE DON'T KNOW which clothes of hers were in the RV. And we don't know the list of clothes she brought on the trip in order to determine what is missing.

Maybe LE knows those things. Maybe they don't (as far as we know no one has claimed that LE searched the RV). But we for sure don't know.

It's not like they headed out on an hour's drive where she might have only had whatever she was wearing. They were going camping for a few days. She certainly had at least a few changes of clothing and various options for daytime, evening, etc.

That said, I don't personally believe she was at the search location on the day claimed. But all of my comments above are based on assuming we take that as a given.

Well, Occam's Razor tells us that if there's one thing LE is not worried about, it's needing help to search for Barb, considering they've never asked for anyone to do so.

I also don't recall anyone in LE saying that they think people in LV or anywhere else, need to be on the lookout for BT either. :( Regardless of whatever clothes she was or wasn't wearing.

So there's that.

Just checking in... I see we are still at a stalemate :(

I’m still of the opinion that LE is working behind the scene. I do hope she is found soon!

Thanks to you all for keeping this thread alive and letting others know that Barb is NOT forgotten!
You call it keeping the thread alive, so do I. Others call it beating a dead horse and saying we have talked about that stuff enough and it doesn’t change the fact that she’s missing. I like to think we are keeping Barb on the front burner and letting her loved ones know she matters and is not forgotten, even if we have to talk about what she was wearing that day or not wearing that day, ad nauseaum. FWIW

Wait wait wait. If we assume that RT has told the truth, they were on their way for a few days of camping. BT would have had a variety of clothing with her.

IF she indeed went hiking in her swimsuit/underwear, wouldn't the natural assumption be that the rest of her clothes, including what she wore doing errands that morning, would be in the RV?

Maybe she changed at some point along the drive (during a stop she could have popped into the RV to change) because she wanted to hang out in her bikini for part of the drive.

Or she might have had her clothes on until they stopped to hike, and she changed then.

I don't see the relevance of these details. Especially since WE DON'T KNOW which clothes of hers were in the RV. And we don't know the list of clothes she brought on the trip in order to determine what is missing.

Maybe LE knows those things. Maybe they don't (as far as we know no one has claimed that LE searched the RV). But we for sure don't know.

It's not like they headed out on an hour's drive where she might have only had whatever she was wearing. They were going camping for a few days. She certainly had at least a few changes of clothing and various options for daytime, evening, etc.

That said, I don't personally believe she was at the search location on the day claimed. But all of my comments above are based on assuming we take that as a given.
And part of the problem about what was given is that some MSM say a black bikini and some reports say bra and underwear. We are trying to figure out how much sense hiking in her bra and underwear makes. However, part of the story was she was in her underwear and holding a beer and that could be why she got abducted and taken to Las Vegas. FWIW

ETA: It would help if searchers had an idea what they might be looking for.

Last edited:
Well, Occam's Razor tells us that if there's one thing LE is not worried about, it's needing help to search for Barb, considering they've never asked for anyone to do so.

I also don't recall anyone in LE saying that they think people in LV or anywhere else, need to be on the lookout for BT either. :( Regardless of whatever clothes she was or wasn't wearing.

So there's that.
Bingo just isn’t the name of a dog.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I’m the same age as Barb and when I first heard she was out hiking in the Mojave in her bikini, I said it wasn’t so, it had to be a joke. I don’t know ANY woman anywhere near that age who would do that. However, I had enough people tell me it was common for Barb, so........
THEN I get told it wasn’t a bikini, it was UNDERWEAR. I sure didn’t say it would never happen after the swarm the first time about the bikini, but then there was a suggestion it was cutesie, playful, swinging couple kinda thing. I dunno. All I know is that hiking trail wasn’t a private place for skin and skivvy shots. There were no Fruit of the Loom trees around. No Jockeys riding the lizards. IYKWIM?

Last edited by a moderator:
You call it keeping the thread alive, so do I. Others call it beating a dead horse and saying we have talked about that stuff enough and it doesn’t change the fact that she’s missing. I like to think we are keeping Barb on the front burner and letting her loved ones know she matters and is not forgotten, even if we have to talk about what she was wearing that day or not wearing that day, ad nauseaum. FWIW
BBM

Yes, that’s exactly why we hang around, Seajay...for the family and friends. We’ve been keeping a vigil for 6 1/2 years on Stephanie Warner’s thread...so her family and friends will know she’s not forgotten.. The third thread linked below has been running for 5 1/2 years. There’s really not much left to talk about but we still show up once in awhile to remember Stephanie. It’s the least we can do. I often encourage members to adopt orphan threads for that very reason. There are so many that are lying dormant. And so many families waiting...:(

OR - OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

BBM

Yes, that’s exactly why we hang around, Seajay...for the family and friends. We’ve been keeping a vigil for 6 1/2 years on Stephanie Warner’s thread...so her family and friends will know she’s not forgotten.. The third thread linked below has been running for 5 1/2 years. There’s really not much left to talk about but we still show up once in awhile to remember Stephanie. It’s the least we can do. I often encourage members to adopt orphan threads for that very reason. There are so many that are lying dormant. And so many families waiting...:(

I remember Stephanie's thread from when I first started posting here. Wow, it’s still unresolved. When I first saw the facts of that case, I thought it would be solved quickly. You just never know.

That’s why we do this. If we don’t, these threads die and go to page 20, never to see the light of day unless someone thread dives and finds them. There are plenty of cases that could use attention. IMO

Just checking in... I see we are still at a stalemate :(

I’m still of the opinion that LE is working behind the scene. I do hope she is found soon!

Thanks to you all for keeping this thread alive and letting others know that Barb is NOT forgotten!
I know there are several of us who have not forgotten Barb, and have no intention of forgetting her.
And I also dearly hope that LE is working behind the scenes and only remaining silent publicly. Often cases are solved by the diligence and persistence of one individual or a group of individuals. I mentioned the Michelle Le case some time ago. Her family and friends traveled from San Diego to the Bay Area (an 8+ hour drive) every weekend to search for her until she was found. Today, I hope that Barb's case ends up on the desk of an individual detective determined to solve the case, or attracts the attention of a search group. May she be found, and soon. MOO

Last edited:
ITA, @Seajay!

Keeping you always in our thoughts, Barb <3

Keeping this Missing Person's Discussion thread for you alive with big hopes for news on where you are to come in, and for you to be found in 2020.

If you're out in the desert somewhere, I'm confident LE has forensic evidence pointing to where you are, and will locate you soon.

BBM

Vigil-Keepers ... Lindsey Baum, Kyron Hormon, Hailey Dunn. All over ten years ago, all still waiting for justice. :(
You're right Lilibet, it's why we're still here.

Barbara won't be forgotten either, despite the silence from her spouse & LE. Grateful to the posters who consistently keep her case on the front page!

Barb is somewhere. It always amazed me how someone can vanish without a trace. Nothing. Never to be heard from again. Yet they either disappeared themselves for some reason, or, more likely, someone did something to them. Someone knows what happened. Someone has secrets. I just hope those secrets haunt them every day and they never have a moments peace. MOO

Barb is somewhere. It always amazed me how someone can vanish without a trace. Nothing. Never to be heard from again. Yet they either disappeared themselves for some reason, or, more likely, someone did something to them. Someone knows what happened. Someone has secrets. I just hope those secrets haunt them every day and they never have a moments peace. MOO

I can’t count how many times I’ve re-posted this on Stephanie’s thread. It comes from a true crime broadcast linked below. Unfortunately, IMO most of these POIs and suspects lack a conscience and just carry on with their lives, especially if they are confident their victim will never be found. :(:mad:

upload_2020-1-16_14-33-30.jpeg

I can’t count how many times I’ve re-posted this on Stephanie’s thread. It comes from a true crime broadcast linked below. Unfortunately, IMO most of these POIs and suspects lack a conscience and just carry on with their lives, especially if they are confident their victim will never be found. :(:mad:

View attachment 226348

You are right, of course, they don’t have a conscience. I just hope they aren’t serial about it and reoffend. Problem is, it becomes a game to some of them to try to get away with it over and over again.

IMO.
We know Barb wore a bikini top because a photograph is available on many websites showing such. Hmmmm.
I realize the importance of what he said she was last wearing for when she is found.

I would like to know how easy/ difficult it would be to see a red hat in the desert terrain.
Through all the SARS , drones, ATV and misc searches for her she has not been found in that area.

Personally, I am not buying the kidnapping to Vegas theory

IMO.
We know Barb wore a bikini top because a photograph is available on many websites showing such. Hmmmm.
I realize the importance of what he said she was last wearing for when she is found.

I would like to know how easy/ difficult it would be to see a red hat in the desert terrain.
Through all the SARS , drones, ATV and misc searches for her she has not been found in that area.

Personally, I am not buying the kidnapping to Vegas theory

BBM:

Neither is LE.

They've made that abundantly clear from the very beginning.

I hope LE asked anyone who saw BT that morning for a description of what she was wearing that day.

Given it's unlikely she waltzed into the doggy kennel in either a bikini OR her skivvies, the outfit she WAS wearing should be accounted for, either in the RV or at the home.

I hope LE got that info while witness memories were sharp enough to give a good clothing description.

It concerns me that it sounds like LE didn't follow up w/ the kennel staff who saw her that morning.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members