Identified! TX - Williamson Co., WhtFem 74UFTX, 20-30, 'Cinco de Corona' TShirt, Sep'89 - Sue Ann Huskey

''But what ultimately brought her home was a Hopkins County passion: genealogy. After having tested DNA through a testing service, Sue Ann's family members decided to "opt in" to let law enforcement use this information to solve crimes, Lord said.''

This technology is a Copernican Revolution. Anyone with a missing relative, even distant ones, ought to consider emulating what the Huskeys did. Nevertheless, I do find it sad when some relatives don't live to see the answers. Her father died in 2002. A brother died in 2004. There were seven Huskey siblings in Sue's generation of the family.

Just watched the press conference (thank you for the link!) - I hope the media and public at large continues to be respectful to the families of the identified. It was brave of the families of Debra and Sue Ann to come forward to publicly thank everyone and to help gain justice for their missing loved ones. They do not need nor deserve to have decisions made 30 & 40 years ago rehashed by the online community. Their words reinforce how important the DNA Doe Project's work is and why many of us come on here seeking to give Doe's their name back.

Just watched the press conference (thank you for the link!) - I hope the media and public at large continues to be respectful to the families of the identified. It was brave of the families of Debra and Sue Ann to come forward to publicly thank everyone and to help gain justice for their missing loved ones. They do not need nor deserve to have decisions made 30 & 40 years ago rehashed by the online community. Their words reinforce how important the DNA Doe Project's work is and why many of us come on here seeking to give Doe's their name back.

Yeah, I remember when Marcia King's identification was announced on Facebook and some naive young male cousin of hers or whatever revealed his family connection in the comments section. Poor guy.

As I've said in the Kraig King thread, these families have had enough of their torment. If they made some mistake in the past, they are well aware of it.

I am very glad Debra and Sue Ann's family were able to attend. I did tear up when Sue Ann's sisters started to cry. I am so glad that Williamson County entrusted DDP with their three unidentified cases (Sue Ann, Debra, and the unidentified Rebel Ray).

I am hoping that their county is very lucky and Rebel Ray will also have a quick identification. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, I remember when Marcia King's identification was announced on Facebook and some naive young male cousin of hers or whatever revealed his family connection in the comments section. Poor guy.

As I've said in the Kraig King thread, these families have had enough of their torment. If they made some mistake in the past, they are well aware of it.
If I am remembering correctly, Marcia King's family did think they had reported her missing. They definitely did not deserve the torment. I heard they were fair sweet and very cooperative people.

If I am remembering correctly, Marcia King's family did think they had reported her missing. They definitely did not deserve the torment. I heard they were fair sweet and very cooperative people.
From what I remember, the relative on Facebook was a younger man. I don't recall the exact nature of the relationship, cousin or half-brother or whatnot but he was born after her death so dogpiling him was ridiculous on top of mean.

BTW, there is a video of Marcia King's memorial service somewhere on the internet. Her mother couldn't attend so she sent a message via other relatives. The relatives who did attend were very sweet and grateful.

Other photos of her

upload_2020-1-16_1-3-34.png

82752719_2577634315848769_6611513651478134784_n.png

cinco.jpg

“…They have given our sister back and now we can take her home. And after 30 years of not knowing where she was or how she was, you always have it in your heart and on your mind wondering, ‘Where are you at sister?‘ We lost our father in 2002. He grieved over his baby girl, not knowing where she was, but we are very grateful that we have our mother still with us to find her baby girl and bring her home.”

Family reacts to positive identification of ‘Corona Girl’ in 30 year-old Williamson Co. cold case
DNA test IDs 1989 Wilco murder victim "Corona Girl" as Sulphur Springs woman

Williamson County Sheriff's Office identifies "Corona Girl" as 17-year-old from Sulphur Springs

Last edited:
I just managed to watch press conference now, really really heartbreaking to watch both families, of Debra Jackson (Orange socks Jane Doe) and also of Sue Ann to speak about them and their gratitute for all the work done to identify them. DNA Doe Project volunteer who led the search was Kevin Lord.

Sue Ann Huskey was one of the seven children and one of the younger ones (not sure if the youngest one). There were 5 sisters and two boys all very close knit family. As per sisters they called her Sissey and she was very good behaved girl and talked to no strangers. At the time she disappeared she was staying with one of her sisters.

Compared to other press conferences this one was quite good and sheriff of this county seems quite good too. Sue Ann final identification was only confirmed yesterday so they did not have time to debrief the family yet or to gather extra information, but even if they did he stated that they would not be releasing any further information at this time due to murder investigation.

I am hoping that there will be some more updates very soon.

Link again to press conference -

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502
Back