Found Safe MA - CM, 11, abducted, Springfield, 15 Jan 2020 *arrest*

This was a textbook example of why the Amber Alert system is so important. With the phone pings, maybe 75% of the surrounding area was aware of the situation at the same time. I know the cell phones in the office all went off at the same time, while I was on the case on WebSleuths. It was a positive feeling, in the midst of horror.

And because I'm heartless, I just don't have a lot of use for other color alerts, that don't pertain to child abductions. Life is hard with a lot of bad things happening, but I think children are most important. I don't like the dilution effect of too many alerts.

‘We feel really bad;' Family of Miguel Rodriguez, man accused of abducting 11-year-old Charlotte Moccia, says he suffers from schizophrenia

According to his family, Miguel Rodriguez of Springfield has had a history of schizophrenia and paranoia. The 24-year-old was arrested Wednesday, accused of forcing an 11-year-old girl into a car and abducting her on her way home from school.

“We heard about it in the news, when we heard the amber alert," said Rodriguez’ father, Henry, at the family’s home on Bay Street in Springfield. "The kids came and told me and they say 'yeah, this looks like Miguel’s car.”

He noticed in the photos police had released that the blue Honda didn’t have any license plates. The realization dawned on him that it was his son that had committed the crime.

“We knew that sooner or later he was going to do something of this nature,” said Henry Rodriguez. “But not something this crazy.”

‘We feel really bad’; Family of man accused of abducting 11-year-old says he suffers from paranoia

There are no diagnostic conditions which will excuse the previous indecent assault and battery and today's abduction.
Thank goodness for the Amber Alert and quick response. Scary as just a few days ago a California child placed note "Help! This is not my Mom!"in window of car as a hoax.
Silver alerts usually associated with seniors with memory loss can sometimes be for missing children with cognitive issues who wandered off.

‘We feel really bad;' Family of Miguel Rodriguez, man accused of abducting 11-year-old Charlotte Moccia, says he suffers from schizophrenia

According to his family, Miguel Rodriguez of Springfield has had a history of schizophrenia and paranoia. The 24-year-old was arrested Wednesday, accused of forcing an 11-year-old girl into a car and abducting her on her way home from school.

“We heard about it in the news, when we heard the amber alert," said Rodriguez’ father, Henry, at the family’s home on Bay Street in Springfield. "The kids came and told me and they say 'yeah, this looks like Miguel’s car.”

He noticed in the photos police had released that the blue Honda didn’t have any license plates. The realization dawned on him that it was his son that had committed the crime.

“We knew that sooner or later he was going to do something of this nature,” said Henry Rodriguez. “But not something this crazy.”

‘We feel really bad’; Family of man accused of abducting 11-year-old says he suffers from paranoia

Did I miss the part of the story where they called police to say they thought it was him who abducted Charlotte?

IMO all states should require two plates. I think it would really come in handy in cases like these & the use of street cams.

Maybe someone who followed the bus on a different day to see who got off and where, and where the possibility existed to abduct. If the car was seen the day before, seems like a practice run to me (unless it was a failed attempt on that day and they came back the next day). JMO
I wondered if it was a practice run too and if he was spooked by that guy walking down the street.

So glad she was found.

Last edited:
Wow. I am so grateful this little girl was found. I am so thankful for this couple chasing him down and the other person calling. Are they two different people? So thrilling to know she was found!!

But dang is it enraging to find this guy was already known to police because his butt shouldn't be out on the streets! Period! Indecent assault and battery on a child under 14 in a Walmart?!? And, yeah, I want to know if his family called it in when they recognized his car on the news? It's great they found her. But she should never have to live with the trauma of being kidnapped or whatever else he did to her to begin with. She shouldn't have to be just lucky to be alive. :mad:

I agree. The family would like to blame his behavior on schizophrenia rather than call it like it is. He’s an evil child predator. Let’s be honest here.

Yes, and the video of him trying to lose a citizen following him at 100 miles per hour in Springfield is one example that clearly implies his knowledge of wrong doing. If his schizophrenia is the “ reason” why he abducted an innocent little girl than are we to believe that all schizophrenics are child abductors? Obviously not . Mental health problem likely abound here but they do not soften the truth of his evil and shouldn’t assuage public outrage. Perhaps this is the way the family can protect themselves from negative fallout. I feel for his family as they must have been at at a loss and maybe exhausted trying to handle this mans behavior on the regular, they likely do not have the ability to care for him and could possibly be upset and simultaneously relieved that he is not free and can’t hurt anyone including them. We need to bring back mental health hospitals and create local mental health centers, self medication is not working and families usually face the burden of caring for out of control bent humanity which is beyond their ability. We need Mental Health Hospital and local mental health centers for holding and evaluation all over our country- we need them to rival the numbers of CVS’s and Walgreens. MOO

We know that stranger abductions are very rare. And while some of us are on alert all the time, some of us have a much more laid back attitude. Not that a parent should be unconcerned, but not necessarily hyper vigilant about a danger that odds are your child will never have to face. I'm usually the latter, I've taught my child well I think, and I worry more about him being hit by a car at the bus stop than being abducted. (He's a teen now.)

But boy did I ever follow his every movement this morning when he left for the bus. Up the street, while waiting and then I followed that bus on the location app until it arrived to school.

I cannot imagine how her parents are going to ever let her out of their sight again. I'm praying for them today too.

Charlotte is only 4ft 2inches and 60 pounds? That is so petite, even for an 11 yr old. I bet she looks younger than her age and that might be why this perp was so focused upon her.

I am so relieved and thrilled she was found alive. I do hate to think about that 7 hour gap though...:(....We may need to change to initials in this thread soon.

i hope they will confiscate his computer from his home, too, and see if this man was stalking this little girl. she had 2 finstas with over 150 followers on each. add that to him passing by her on camera the day before the abduction and this is a premeditated kidnapping and stalking in the LEAST.

as far as i know, that is NOT how schizophrenia works.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back