Press conference regarding previously undisclosed evidence scheduled for a January 16th at 1 p.m.

a belt? they are ridiculous. why wait to release that? there is no logic to hold that back first of all. makes it seem as if it was planted and now released to appease everyone.
My thoughts are that they are going over everything in the case again from step one. I'm sure the info is voluminous, with so many deceased. Now with the success of "touch" DNA, maybe more information can be unlocked.

Hopefully they have DNA from that belt and already did this new testing. It would also be nice to know if those letters were upside down or rightside up on the belt. HM/WH

HM could be Halsey Manor, which is where jessicas torso was located in manorville. I think bittrolf also lived off

Any ideas if there is any meaning behind the font of the letters?

Last edited:
Sites not working. Probably crashed from all the instant heavy traffic.

very disappointed with the belt. personally.....i think it's a joke they say they believe it's from the killer.

i was really hoping they'd have the 911 call released by now.

It’s been a while since I’ve read or watched anything related to this but isn’t the 911 call for a girl they “don’t think” is related to the rest of the gilgo beach murders? Is that the one they claimed “succumbed” to the elements or something like that

It’s been a while since I’ve read or watched anything related to this but isn’t the 911 call for a girl they “don’t think” is related to the rest of the gilgo beach murders? Is that the one they claimed “succumbed” to the elements or something like that

Also, I agree with what someone else said about them trying to get ahead of this new show about to be released. It’ll bring attention back to the case so they’re trying to make it look like they’re still working on it

wait, it was released?? i never saw that, i saw a judge order them to and they never came through. i'll have to google more. i get all about researching this case, then i go months not looking into it at all.

wait, it was released?? i never saw that, i saw a judge order them to and they never came through. i'll have to google more. i get all about researching this case, then i go months not looking into it at all.

<snip> The Suffolk County Police Department appealed a court's decision to compel the release; the Appellate Division Court is expected to rule on the appeal next week, according to longtime Gilbert family attorney John Ray.

Eerie Crime Scene Photo Offers 1st Public Insight Into Possible Gilgo Beach Killer

While many are disappointed with press conference I think it was quite ok. We all wanted to get whole cake but they just gave us small piece. Still better than what we got till now. I think main point and actually big step forward was their announcement of new website - wait for it - for finally communicating with public and submission of tips.

Belt - they probably holded that evidence away from public untill now as they suspected that they might be initials of the killer. And they might be.
Someone here suggesting that it could be area of Mannorville, HM for Halsey Manor, is actually great thought too. They have stated that belt was found in the early stages of the investigation - hmm anyone know when was that or which cases? Mannorville or?

911 tape - they actually did mention it - that they hold it as evidence and not releasing it. Yes, there might be something on that tape which is incriminating so they keep it tight to the vest. Once case is solved there would not be any more reason Not to release it.

They have talked about Shannah Gilbert too - and interestingly they have stated cause of death is undetermined - so not ruling completely out or in foul play.

Funilly, if you have noticed at the beginning of speach they have stated that investigation has nothing to do with previous investigation or leadership of that case.

Lady in charge speaking seems quite ok, and if she is in charge of the case, after all those wasted years I am getting my hope back.

They have not discussed genealogy or who will be working with them on that, they only confirmed that they will use this new technology.

Link to quality stream of live conference for those who missed it -

Last edited:
<snip> The Suffolk County Police Department appealed a court's decision to compel the release; the Appellate Division Court is expected to rule on the appeal next week, according to longtime Gilbert family attorney John Ray.

Eerie Crime Scene Photo Offers 1st Public Insight Into Possible Gilgo Beach Killer

That new piece of evidence is a picture of a belt spotted at one of the crime scenes. Authorities declined to say where exactly it was recovered but said they believed the belt -- one made of black leather with the letters HM or WH embossed on it -- was handled by the killer and did not belong to a victim.

Police refused to elaborate any more on the belt Thursday, declining to answer a question about the size of it.

gilgo-photograph.jpg

(click on image to enlarge)

At his own press conference at Suffolk County Police Department headquarters ahead of investigators' briefing Thursday, Ray condemned the police department for an "inadequate and negligent job

Link to Ray own small pre - press conference done today

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back