CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my question. Kid looks super bruised. Why no call to the police?

In the interview with the mother of the three kids that were living with Roman's parents, she mentioned that Roman's Mom had been homeschooling the kids.

So I think there's your answer, once again Gitana, about why no one called police. If the kid's aren't in school every day, fewer chances for anyone to notice bruises and other injuries. :(

This is my thought - do we know where that picture was taken? If it was at school where they previously lived, that may support posters here who noted that there are often moves from state to state to keep ahead of CPS. By the time there was a report, the family was in California. It has all the markers, frequent moves out of state, refusing to allow contact from family (bio mom), homeschooling . . .

Another little life gone far too soon and for no reason. Gotta say I am surprised there hasn't been an arrest yet. I was pretty sure I'd see that in the thread title by now.

I don't want to know what happened to this cute little boy. I am sure it is horrendous. It always is.

MOO

I'm thinking there's a lot here for LE to shift through, just a hot mess . The family hasn't been on Cali long, less than a month ? Not much social interaction, as kids are home schooled. Hoping SO is making sure all their ducks are in a row. Heart broken for Roman MOO

I'm thinking there's a lot here for LE to shift through, just a hot mess . The family hasn't been on Cali long, less than a month ? Not much social interaction, as kids are home schooled. Hoping SO is making sure all their ducks are in a row. Heart broken for Roman MOO
Yes, the family is a big mix of other people’s children and stepchildren, so imagine the paperwork and having to coordinate with out of state agencies and court systems. That said, if this is a “suspicious death” that points to murder, I’d think an arrest would come soon.

What struck me, looking at the big family photo ( can’t find it now to check my facts).....Roman appears to be the youngest of a family of 4 ( maybe 5?) boys....all boys!

The others look robust & well-fed, compared to Roman, who looks rather frail.

( If my family are anything to go on, there was quite a bit of bullying of the youngest siblings, by the older boys, despite my close supervision)

His step-mother then takes charge of 3 more children.....all girls & all younger than Roman.

I feel so sad for this little boy, who I suspect had very little positive attention from the parent who was supposed to be ’mothering’ him.

Home-schooled too!

We’ve heard this story so many times before.

All my opinion only.

This is my thought - do we know where that picture was taken? If it was at school where they previously lived, that may support posters here who noted that there are often moves from state to state to keep ahead of CPS. By the time there was a report, the family was in California. It has all the markers, frequent moves out of state, refusing to allow contact from family (bio mom), homeschooling . . .

I have a photo of my grand-Carbuff taken at about the same age in a similar setting--his mom had it done at one of those mall kiosk kid-photo places. The photographer does a couple dozen kids an hour and probably never noticed.

In the interview with the mother of the three kids that were living with Roman's parents, she mentioned that Roman's Mom had been homeschooling the kids.

So I think there's your answer, once again Gitana, about why no one called police. If the kid's aren't in school every day, fewer chances for anyone to notice bruises and other injuries. :(

That makes sense. I’m wondering though because it looks like he was in public in the photo. Did no one notice?

This is another case that is heartbreaking and so confusing. Why pick on one child? Why single out a child that is basically defenseless?? I think the stories will come from the other children, and we will have to hear horrific details. I can't stand it! Poor little guy. The fact that they moved just a few weeks ago, I am actually surprised that they reported him missing. My gut tells me that they had hoped noone would miss him. Was it the older children that made them report him missing? I am glad they have his body, and in a timely manner so that they can hopefully find COD.

Sorry unable to post links but Google Smoogle:

Placerville Police Department
Press Release 1/16/2020

So many moving parts in this case but update none the less.
I believe LE is doing their absolute best to get justice for Roman. I'm praying for them as well.

This is another case that is heartbreaking and so confusing. Why pick on one child? Why single out a child that is basically defenseless?? I think the stories will come from the other children, and we will have to hear horrific details. I can't stand it! Poor little guy. The fact that they moved just a few weeks ago, I am actually surprised that they reported him missing. My gut tells me that they had hoped noone would miss him. Was it the older children that made them report him missing? I am glad they have his body, and in a timely manner so that they can hopefully find COD.
All I can guess in this case is that Roman had a different mother than the rest. Maybe that set him apart, made him a target for Dad's anger at his ex?

Press Release 1/16/2020

I believe LE is doing their absolute best to get justice for Roman. I'm praying for them as well.
So 4 to 6 weeks for the pathologists report. Sounds like there's not going to be much if anything released any time soon.

Isn't the pathologists report to determine drugs in the system? Or do they determine more than that?

Press Release 1/16/2020

https://www.cityofplacerville.org/m...es /2020/20-54 Lopez investigation update.pdf

[snipped for space...]
As part of this investigation, the Placerville Police Department has been working with other law enforcement agencies to conduct a thorough investigation into the tragic circumstances. The other agencies include the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department, El Dorado County Search and Rescue, El Dorado County District Attorney’s Office, Sacramento County Coroner’s Office, and the Sierra Law Enforcement Chaplaincy. The support and prospective offered by all these agencies has been invaluable and beneficial to the investigation.

The limited information provided to the public has been essential to this case because of the circumstances. There is very sensitive information that if released, could jeopardize the investigation.

Placerville Police Department continues to investigate this case as a suspicious death investigation even after the autopsy was completed on January 14, 2020. We do not have the pathologist’s report and will not be providing any further information in reference to the autopsy. We do not anticipate that report for another 4-6 weeks.

Through the investigation we have learned that Lindsey and Jordan Piper recently moved to California from Michigan. Jordan Piper, the biological father of Roman, moved the family for a better job opportunity. Lindsey is not the biological mother of Roman. We have identified the biological parents of all the children involved in this investigation. There were 8 children living with Lindsey and Jordan at the time of this incident. We have their information and will be in contact with them at different stages of the investigation.

We realize there is a considerable amount of speculation surrounding this case. We will continue to provide updates as the case unfolds that will not jeopardize the integrity of the investigation.

We realize that the press and public are looking for answers and mourning the loss of Roman. The police department has also been affected and has been working tirelessly to complete the investigation. The complexity of this case will require time and patience.

So 4 to 6 weeks for the pathologists report. Sounds like there's not going to be much if anything released any time soon.

Isn't the pathologists report to determine drugs in the system? Or do they determine more than that?
"The autopsy is the procedure utilized to study the dead. ... In jurisdictions where there are medical examiner systems, forensic pathologists are usually employed to perform autopsies to determine cause and manner of death." ....wiki

The pathologist will determine cause of death, in terms of any illnesses or diseases or toxins that may have been present that could have been responsible for the death. Or any homicidal injuries?

Could be for drug toxicology or specific organ damage or trauma. Could also be a stall tactic. MOO

I know we all want to know but we all want this investigation done right. It's so difficult being patient like this but justice must prevail.

Some home school programs have field trips and events in a particular area of study where they can meet and interact with classmates. Possibly a library trip for Romans class in reading or English ? Dunno just s thought. JMO
For families that are actually home schooling, and not using it as an excuse to isolate and abuse their kids, yes, there are HS co-ops where the kids/families go to regularly scheduled classes/events like music lessons, sports lessons, the library, and a bazillion other educational destinations. For families that aren't actually home schooling, they almost never show up on the HS radar, and almost never known by any other HS families in the area. It's hard to tell from what we know, if these kids were actually being educated or not. I'm sure LE has interviewed all the kids and have a really good idea of what was really going on in that house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks