Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 211 43.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
The ladies hard drives - truth is a couple of folks I know have Gilbert's laptop and also have 8 of her burner phones. Cops know it and they never asked for them.

Bittrollf? I have doubts he killed anyone. Two cops were suspects in those murders. One was fired some years ago after he pulled a woman over and harassed her for a long period of time. They found missing woman case files in his home.

The other guy knocked up a 15 year old black girl and had to pay the family off. He regularly had sex with woman when they were brought into the precinct as he was the LT.

The LT had many discarded license plates in his car when the cops stopped by. Used to go to the local DMV when plates were turned in and thrown into the garbage.

I finished watching Killing Fields yesterday, which is where I learned about this website. I am curious, does anyone know if during the investigation did the Police ever look into the origin of the Burlap? The reason I ask is because I ranch in Texas and feed (range cubes, rolled oats, corn, etc.) was always packaged in Burlap bags weighing 50# when full. The feed store I have used for 30 years has since changed over to paper sacks. So I ask myself, if the killer, or killers are local, do they have farm animals, or possibly hunt using corn? ( in feeders). Now I know you can't make everyone who raises farm animals, or hunts a suspect, but if the Police has a suspect list, did any on that list have a reason to buy feed? If so, how many feed stores were within a reasonable distance of where the suspects live? When did those feed stores switch from using Burlap to paper? Burlap had many uses and those who bought feed rarely threw empty bags away, like they do with paper. It may be far fetched, but if I were Police I would check to see if my suspects had a Hunting License during the years the murders occurred, or if any had animals requiring feed. Then I would go to the local feed stores and see if any of my suspects did business with them, and if so, did that feed store use Burlap during that period.

The burlap issue lead me to think about federal, state and local parks and rec departments who transplant trees and large shrubs wrapped in burlap. For that matter landscapers and tree farms use burlap as well. I also believed there was a seasonal correlation between the time of disappearances of the victims and the seasonality of spring, early summer and fall planting seasons. These users of burlap often employ seasonal laborers.

What may mean something to me is where the bodies were dumped. Were they closer to the Bay side or the highway side. I think it would be safer for someone boating over from Babylon and dumping a body than driving up in a car and putting the body off the side of the road.

I finished watching Killing Fields yesterday, which is where I learned about this website. I am curious, does anyone know if during the investigation did the Police ever look into the origin of the Burlap? The reason I ask is because I ranch in Texas and feed (range cubes, rolled oats, corn, etc.) was always packaged in Burlap bags weighing 50# when full. The feed store I have used for 30 years has since changed over to paper sacks. So I ask myself, if the killer, or killers are local, do they have farm animals, or possibly hunt using corn? ( in feeders). Now I know you can't make everyone who raises farm animals, or hunts a suspect, but if the Police has a suspect list, did any on that list have a reason to buy feed? If so, how many feed stores were within a reasonable distance of where the suspects live? When did those feed stores switch from using Burlap to paper? Burlap had many uses and those who bought feed rarely threw empty bags away, like they do with paper. It may be far fetched, but if I were Police I would check to see if my suspects had a Hunting License during the years the murders occurred, or if any had animals requiring feed. Then I would go to the local feed stores and see if any of my suspects did business with them, and if so, did that feed store use Burlap during that period.

You and I definitely see Burlap as a clue. Burlap has been replaced by paper. The reason feed sacks make sense to me is they are huge. You could easily cover a woman's body in them. If the sack was chicken scratch, it would have bit of corn in the fiber of the bag. Who knows, but if the killer, killer brothers had reason to buy feed, did the investigators research that possibility????

What may mean something to me is where the bodies were dumped. Were they closer to the Bay side or the highway side. I think it would be safer for someone boating over from Babylon and dumping a body than driving up in a car and putting the body off the side of the road.
Good point. When you watch Officials on TV they refer to killers as Cowards. No they are not Cowards, they take risks none of us would ever take in our every day life. I live in Texas, my house has signs, READY FOR A GUN FIGHT, not because I am some Red Neck, high on beer, but because some men are truly bad and I just warn them that I fight, not try to flee. Our killer is not a coward, nor does he fear being caught.

The ladies hard drives - truth is a couple of folks I know have Gilbert's laptop and also have 8 of her burner phones. Cops know it and they never asked for them.

Bittrollf? I have doubts he killed anyone. Two cops were suspects in those murders. One was fired some years ago after he pulled a woman over and harassed her for a long period of time. They found missing woman case files in his home.

The other guy knocked up a 15 year old black girl and had to pay the family off. He regularly had sex with woman when they were brought into the precinct as he was the LT.

So these items are split up between these folks? These folks on Websleuths? There could be some valuable information on the phones and laptop. These folks have any interest in trying to get this possible useful information into the right hands?. Maybe because the cops don't believe Gilbert was a victim of Lisk, they don't consider the possible information useful. What do I know though, other than I'd like to know a lot more about any evidence that could be useful

You and I definitely see Burlap as a clue. Burlap has been replaced by paper. The reason feed sacks make sense to me is they are huge. You could easily cover a woman's body in them. If the sack was chicken scratch, it would have bit of corn in the fiber of the bag. Who knows, but if the killer, killer brothers had reason to buy feed, did the investigators research that possibility????
The local nursery owner and his burlap sacks were looked in to. Nothing came of it.

Former DA Spota also said there was nothing to it. Tom has since been indicted for crimes which is essentially lying. His little criminal friend James Burke has since gone to prison for essentially the same crimes Spota has been indicted for.

I worked at Jones Beach and Gilgo beach for 3 years a long time ago when I was starting college. The state beaches had their own police force back then though in reading articles, it seems the county police do now . At night time I and my boyfriend were both consession managers so be could be at frequent beach keg parties or just the 2 of us hanging out at night but all the beaches was otherwise isolated and a person scoping the area would be noted - the exception would be if there was a concert or festival at night. But the beach police were very thorough at patrolling. They were thorough about checking cars and one couldn't park anywhere on the beach area if not known and approved. The seargant I saw year after year , Joe, knew everyone--he was older --I hope the investigators talked to Joe wherever he is now.

I grew up in Bellmore where the first dismembered body that police believe is related was found by the S.S. parkway underpass----lots of restaurants and homes a few miles east in Massapequa. Lots of people from these towns commute to the city on LIRR ( it's not fun) . Some think it's possible he went into the city to make calls and throw people off but this is quite expensive, crowded and time consuming especially buying tickets by the day to the city at peak times. I believe its someone who lives in the southshore in one of the contiguous towns Bellmore, Seaford , Wantagh Massapequa though Oak Beach cant be ruled out . This would give the unsub good access to the city for work , to the beaches by more than 1 convenient route (this is important) and also close to the parkway areas where early vics were dumped. Its not too far west to Hempstead Lake Park where Peaches was partly dumped--my grandma would take me to HLP as a child to feed the ducks with stale bread . Its obvious the person knows this area well. I keep wondering if I would know who it is though Im not clear on the profile age range.

maybe everyone is trying to get on at once. She said it should be live. Does anyone know the usernames of the people from the show the killing season that are supposedly on here?
i wonder why they're not using the scpd's website, it's up and running fine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer
Back