Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. In this case, I think the Sheriff made it pretty clear that PH was not likey physically assaulted, strangled, shot, or stabbed. IMO, that doesn't leave much else to ponder for her COD and we will have to wait for the results of toxicology.

no physical trauma of the body of the victim would have led to her death.”

I didn't see anything that said not physically assaulted.

I wonder, then, why someone wouldn't type "I feel drugged"/"I feel roofied"/"I feel strange/weird/woozy/off"? Maybe she was under stress to send it quickly, and thus chose words quickly and it doesn't mean that much; but to me, choosing "I feel in trouble", is more like saying "I feel in danger/uneasy/over my head".

There seems nothing ususual in what is usually, or typically the usual cases, in these type cases. As confusing as my sentences can seem to some. I know for a fact, only for myself, if I felt in danger, my flight or fight response would kick in at "i feel unsafe," which is flight, and I would be running for my life before texting that to anyone! I would figure out if my running offended anyone later.

The states/county/cities make the profit insofar as their local employees are employed there, though, don't they? And then the employees turn around and pour their salaries back into goods and services in the community.
Look at Alabama. They spend 500 million taxpayer dollars on prisons every year.

Just because the state gets a portion of it back, doesn’t offset their expenditures. Besides that, these inmates obviously aren’t generating the tax revenue they would if they were free.

Prisons are profitable if you run a private prison, which is what people are talking about when they say “Prisons are profitable.”

Of course the taxpayers are paying for these companies to profit. So they’re profitable in that sense, but not for the state itself.

I've posted here before about my experiences with heroin addicts...no longer needed. Wrong place wrong time I think
There seems nothing ususual in what is usually, or typically the usual cases, in these type cases. As confusing as my sentences can seem to some. I know for a fact, only for myself, if I felt in danger, my flight or fight response would kick in at "i feel unsafe," which is flight, and I would be running for my life before texting that to anyone! I would figure out if my running offended anyone later.
the sad part is for all we know she texted that before she died if it were a drug overdose she could have seriously felt in trouble. Typically wouldn’t you say if you thought you were kidnapped etc I am in trouble not I feel in trouble. I still feel that text however as confusing it is it can be very telling. If she intentionally took the drugs or not she would still “feel” in trouble.

I didn't see anything that said not physically assaulted.

It could mean, rape trauma, normally would not lead to death, intercourse itself, and they know the suspect well enough, he likely will not decipher the ambiguous meaning, and believe there is no evidence other then burying a body or they meant no physical trauma.

Imo, what is missing from this case, are reporters asking for further clarification of answers, as you, and many have been asking. Such as, asking, "By physical trauma, does this include physical assault, or any foul play?"

I have not watched live press conferences or statements. I am assuming these follow up questions are not being asked, by all the further questions asked on this thread.

Last edited:
"I feel roofied", said no one who has ever been roofied in the history of roofies

But why trick someone into taking flunitrazepam when fentanyl is way cheaper, easier to come by and your victim will be happy to take it?

...other than the fact that a fatal dose of roofie is like 50x the dose to incapacitate someone while the space between conscious and dead from fentanyl is... less. Fred doesn't seem like the kind of guy to take that into account.

Suggest self reporting the video for deletion as it's not related to the case and confusing on the thread.

Live link to warrant being served

Thank for some hints as to what it is! I'm still baffled!

Possible additonal suspect?

I believe that was later proven unrelated to this case? Need to look for a link.

Big nothingburger -- not related to PH case. Man accused of killing his father....

WBRC FOX6 News was live.
· 12 hrs · Edited ·

HAPPENING NOW: There is a heavy police presence as BPD serves a warrant in the Kimbrough community. We are working to learn more. --> Suspect forced out of Birmingham apartment by tear gas, he’s accused in the killing of a father

Video is from in the front of or entrance to the Wenonah Projects located in Birmingham Alabama.

CONFIRMED THIS VIDEP POST IS NOT RELATED TO PH CASE.

the sad part is for all we know she texted that before she died if it were a drug overdose she could have seriously felt in trouble. Typically wouldn’t you say if you thought you were kidnapped etc I am in trouble not I feel in trouble. I still feel that text however as confusing it is it can be very telling. If she intentionally took the drugs or not she would still “feel” in trouble.

The text sounds reasonable if she just realized who she was with. Maybe just realized she was the party.

"I feel roofied", said no one who has ever been roofied in the history of roofies

But why trick someone into taking flunitrazepam when fentanyl is way cheaper, easier to come by and your victim will be happy to take it?

...other than the fact that a fatal dose of roofie is like 50x the dose to incapacitate someone while the space between conscious and dead from fentanyl is... less. Fred doesn't seem like the kind of guy to take that into account.
Agreed when you’re roofied you don’t know you’re roofied you don’t know much at all. You might realize it later but at the time you just know you feel weird.

I don't know Paighton but it could be if she felt threatened, she may have tried kicking their $$$...her brother said she was a tough cookie

Its sounding like to me that the co-worker is going to join the club with Shane Carey, as one who has been wrongly accused in the public’s eye.

Again, there is nothing wrong with examining the last known to see the victim, and those that are close to her and work outwards, etc., as this is 101 in any investigation. However, imo it’s looking to me that the coworker has absolutely ZERO to do with this. She’s taken a LOT of heat, here, and on SM, etc, and imo, quite unjustly. Shane Carey, well he was a little different, even Tim Miller thought things were hinky with him. Anyway, not insulting anyone here personally, but rather just noting once again how important it is to be careful here in these investigations. Innocent until proven guilty.

ETA: I believe it was @ChuckInHouston who said this was a “slippery slope”.
The way I see it, the co-worker really got the boots put to her when LE said they couldn't find 2 heavyset black men on video. That really made eyebrows go up considering the story we'd been hearing up to that point.

Ambiguous at best! At best! I am trying to go by sources here and 2 accounts if LE made a statement when asked if the suspect was consider armed or dangerous, one account was no, and another no answer.

Not enough evidence or proof of kidnapping, a release, and he obviously was not put on surveillance. We all know lawyers, insiders, and people of prominence know of insider info not released.

Anyone on this board familiar with Alabama 'Good Ole Boys Club,' seen in older cities and areas where the connections and bonds run deeper?

We have a ambiguous press conference of a suspect at large with a shady past who may connect dots that could make others reputations look bad and even if lying to LE is the only charge, false statements, which will always fuel conspiracy theories and speculation, how far out would it be for people with power to make this suspect go away permenantly? Real permanent, as in, also buried and dead. No suspect, key to case, it is likely to be dropped, imo.
This guy doesn't seem to be the sort of dude that an Alabama Good Ol' Boys Club would be likely to protect. If anything, he seems like the kind of guy they'd be keen on making a public enemy. So I'm not sure what exactly happened here.

It could mean, rape trauma, normally would not lead to death, intercourse itself, and they know the suspect well enough, he likely will not decipher the ambiguous meaning, and believe there is no evidence other then burying a body or they meant no physical trauma.

Imo, what is missing from this case, are reporters asking for further clarification of answers, as you, and many have been asking. Such as, asking, "By physical trauma, does this include physical assault, or any foul play?"

I have not watched live press conferences or statements. I am assuming these follow up questions are not being asked, by all the further questions asked on this thread.

The Sheriff stated there was no evidence of physical trauma to the body that would lead to PH's death. I believe investigators are confident this includes physical assault when affirming no assault caused her death.

If there was evidence of rape or sexual assault, I definitely think the suspect would have been declared dangerous and public advised to take precautions for the suspect at large. There was no such advisory during the presser that I watched. (Suspect convicted of rape some 29 years ago -- does not automatically make it so here).

MOO

I don't know Paighton but it could be if she felt threatened, she may have tried kicking their $$$...her brother said she was a tough cookie

True, he said she could take care of herself, which imo, could result in either fight or flight. If flight were a possibility, it may have been her first course of action, fight next, although, it still seems unclear, if there were physical injuries present, but not physical injuries, that would have led to a person's death.

This guy doesn't seem to be the sort of dude that an Alabama Good Ol' Boys Club would be likely to protect. If anything, he seems like the kind of guy they'd be keen on making a public enemy. So I'm not sure what exactly happened here.

I meant make him disappear, as in dead, to make any other inconsistencies, or questionable behavior from witnesses, or others associated, even if not connected directly to death, and are offenses in the realm of lying to authorities. This, alone, may ruin reputations, even by association, if they knew the suspect or hung out with him, and they were from prominent families.

In other words make the problem go away!

Power, politics, prominence, and a good ole boys club could make this possible.

I agree with TheExperience in a sort of way. Let's get him before he kills himself.

I think it is very interesting that he was arrested for kidnapping on the 28th of December and then released due to insufficient evidence. Very interested in what they had on him to suspect kidnapping at that point in the investigation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken