Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Chad was on the run by Dec 11. I wonder how would an acquaintance be able to reach him without the authorities being alerted to Chad's location?

I imagine someone could have texted him. It might not have been an intentional "tip off" but it could have been a friend texting him to say "Hey Chad, did you know they are digging up Tammy's grave? What's going on?" (Just an example). We know Chad texts-- he texted the movie producer and actress wanting to make his book into a movie. His brother Matt said he texted Chad twice after Tammy's funeral-- once when he heard Chad was already remarried and again when he heard about the missing children. But Chad didn't reply to his brother.

As far as being "on the run" and concern about LE knowing his location- LE didn't call Chad and Lori POIs right away. I could be wrong, but I am under the impression that LE had some communication from Lori and Chad after the Nov 27 raid on the 3 Rexburg townhouses. Despite that raid, the media didn't find out about the missing children until Dec 20th. LE first called Chad and Lori persons of interest on Dec 21st. LE somehow has knowledge that Lori and Chad are not in the state of Idaho. LE also says that they did not have JJ and Tylee with them when they left Idaho. And it says Lori left the state with her new husband Chad. How does LE know all those things?

LE says Lori and Chad have "repeatedly lied about the whereabouts of the children". But we only know about one lie that was told during the Nov welfare check. Lori said the children were in AZ with a family friend. LE went away to check that claim and found out it was false later the same day. Then LE came back the next day with a search warrant and Lori and Chad were gone. So how did they repeatedly lie about where the children were if they only told that one lie at the welfare check? I think they either called LE or LE called them and they had some phone discussions where more lies were told before this whole thing became publicized. I think that if there were any phone calls after Nov 27th, then that is likely how LE knows that Lori and Chad left Idaho together (by pinging their phones). We don't know exactly when they stopped communicating with LE and possibly "went dark" on their phones-- if they did go dark. My opinion only is that they may have stopped all communication with LE around Dec 20th or just before. LE may have decided it was time to publicize the case due to that happening.

MOO.

BBM. Chad was on the run by Dec 11. I wonder how would an acquaintance be able to reach him without the authorities being alerted to Chad's location?
Chad being absent from all known prior locations was not common public knowledge until Dec 20, to LE, yes, but not MSM, his former ward, or the general public.

MOO: He could have asked cemetery staff to keep an eye out. It was known that members of Tammy's family were unsatisfied with the handling of her death, it would not be a strange request. Or when the family found out, it wouldn't be strange for members of either side to be in communication with each other about the exhumation and that could have easily gotten back to Chad.

Does anyone have any ideas on what Lori may have done with Charles property when she cleaned out the house and changed the locks on him at the end of January 2019? I was thinking about it and wondering if she sold his things to try to get more money, stored it all somewhere as a ransom, or if she threw it in a dumpster or took it to Goodwill. Or could she have taken the items to some compound to be used as community property by members of her group? She was staying at a hotel and traveling around to various places when she disappeared for 2 months. So she probably wouldn't want to haul all his stuff with her everywhere she went. My first thought is she probably trashed everything just to hurt him. But Charles probably had nice clothes and Lori seems to want money. Then there are also things unaccounted for like JJ's i-pad, Charles' business computer, the dog's service collar, etc. Those things could have value and could have been sold. Tylee had an account on Poshmark which is a website for selling used clothes. But Tylee didn't have any activity there since 2016. Still, could Lori maybe have a Poshmark account too that we haven't found yet? Has anyone tried looking for Lori on other buy and sell sites? If we find her accounts and posts of things she sold we might be able to figure out more places Lori has been recently. And ultimately where Lori and Chad might be hiding. MOO.
I thought this was a good idea and have looked. I can’t find anything, sadly. I remembered how people found things in let go on the ML case and looked there as well. Tylee never even sold anything on Poshmark or it would be showing as well. I will explore a bit more.

Chad being absent from all known prior locations was not common public knowledge until Dec 20, to LE, yes, but not MSM, his former ward, or the general public.

MOO: He could have asked cemetery staff to keep an eye out. It was known that members of Tammy's family were unsatisfied with the handling of her death, it would not be a strange request. Or when the family found out, it wouldn't be strange for members of either side to be in communication with each other about the exhumation and that could have easily gotten back to Chad.
I thought Chad's children stopped communicating with Tammy's side of the family (per Chad's nephew who is a VI here) upon Chad's instruction (although this could have occurred later). When did Tammy's father learn about the exhumation? I'm trying to figure out if Alex could have known about it when he died and I don't find it likely.

I can’t wait for some of you guys to be verified.

I’ve been thinking more about why the kids of Chad Daybell didn’t go absolutely bonkers when told of his marriage. I’m wondering if some didn’t actually know Lori? Or maybe there was one who did and tried to explain it to the others? I know we have heard one child worked with one of Chad’s authors on a book. Is it unreasonable to think they may have known Lori? Could she have laid on some story of past abuse within her marriage and become a sympathetic figure? Did she attend church (sorry I know it has a specific name there, but I’ve blanked)

The other players in this drama that lived in the same townhouse center in Rexburg, did they ever attend church? Do they now? I know those questions probably can’t be answered, I’m just thinking out loud.

I thought Chad's children stopped communicating with Tammy's side of the family (per Chad's nephew who is a VI here) upon Chad's instruction (although this could have occurred later). When did Tammy's father learn about the exhumation? I'm trying to figure out if Alex could have known about it when he died and I don't find it likely.
Who knows though, LE could have asked questions somewhere that spooked him.

I thought this was a good idea and have looked. I can’t find anything, sadly. I remembered how people found things in let go on the ML case and looked there as well. Tylee never even sold anything on Poshmark or it would be showing as well. I will explore a bit more.

I did a Google site search on Poshmark and found several people named Lori without any last name but I couldn't prove any of the profiles were her. I was looking at all of her photos and trying to compare the clothing for sale on the pages too. One thing that I noticed on Lori's instagram posts is that Lori and Tylee are wearing the same shirt in different photos (a white blouse with metal things on the shoulders). So I tried looking for distinctive clothes such as that on Poshmark too. While they could have two shirts the same, I think they probably shared clothing and maybe Lori was into swapping clothing on a site like Poshmark. But she may not have an obvious username that would identify her. MOO.

LE says Lori and Chad have "repeatedly lied about the whereabouts of the children". But we only know about one lie that was told during the Nov welfare check. Lori said the children were in AZ with a family friend. LE went away to check that claim and found out it was false later the same day. Then LE came back the next day with a search warrant and Lori and Chad were gone. So how did they repeatedly lie about where the children were if they only told that one lie at the welfare check? I think they either called LE or LE called them and they had some phone discussions where more lies were told before this whole thing became publicized. I think that if there were any phone calls after Nov 27th, then that is likely how LE knows that Lori and Chad left Idaho together (by pinging their phones). We don't know exactly when they stopped communicating with LE and possibly "went dark" on their phones-- if they did go dark. My opinion only is that they may have stopped all communication with LE around Dec 20th or just before. LE may have decided it was time to publicize the case due to that happening.

MOO.

SABBM: Maybe by "repeatedly", they mean "lied to multiple people" as a summation of the several years' worth of lies Lori (and possibly also Chad) told about the children. Lying to KV (actually, I think KV has said this for a fact about JJ when Lori was directly questioned, hasn't she?), so on, and so forth.

When two or more people are doing a podcast together, it does not mean they are physically in the same location. Co-hosting or interviews done via Skype or similar software are extremely common. (If my listening selection is a representative sample, it’s the more frequently used option.)

Right, but on the advertising graphic for each episode of these particular podcasts we are talking about, there are often pictures of the host(s) and interviewee(s) together in the "studio," presumably at the time of recording. Though Skype/distance interviewing is more typical overall, in the case of this network in-person recording/co-hosting seems more typical.

Podcast descriptions of certain of these episodes say certain hosts aren't there this week because they are "out on assignment." The hosts didn't Skype in if they were out of town. It appears they participated when they were there live and in person. There's more to back this up from other, non-MSM sources.

If the parent says they are being homeschooled (JJ) then they should be in the home right? Not at a friend's house that turns out to be a lie. That is where the problem was I think, initially. Then, I think the disappearance, quick marriage, followed by death of AC put the spotlight on them even more.

as long-time homeschoolers, we were rarely at home (the kids were taking various classes in the community and sometimes traveling to visit friends and relatives). Because Lori had homeschooled Tylee at various points, I’m sure she knew that taking JJ out of school to “homeschool” wouldn’t cause any red flags in itself. It took a full 2 months (and lack of contact with grandparents) for anyone to even question that.

One of JJ's biological parents is the child (daughter, I think) of Kay, Charles' sister. I'm not sure the other parent has been mentioned. This child had some issues (drugs?) and wasn't in a position to care for a child. Kay and her husband Larry took care of JJ initially and then it was arranged for Charles and Lori to adopt him.

JJ’s biological father is Kay and Larry’s son. I know his bio mother has been posting on social media. He has another set of biological grandparents (his birthmother’s parents) who want contact as well.

To me, the timing points more to Alex committing suicide, after he heard about the kids being publicly missing (maybe nothing to do with Tammy’s exhumation).

I can’t wait for some of you guys to be verified.
New evidence from LE in the investigation has me weighing my options.
I’ve been thinking more about why the kids of Chad Daybell didn’t go absolutely bonkers when told of his marriage.
I'm also confused by this, but know it was after some pretty stressful harassment, accusations, and threats about their mother's death. They shut off all social media. And we see the evidence of trying to get reporters away from the Jan 3 search.
I’m wondering if some didn’t actually know Lori? Or maybe there was one who did and tried to explain it to the others? I know we have heard one child worked with one of Chad’s authors on a book. Is it unreasonable to think they may have known Lori? Could she have laid on some story of past abuse within her marriage and become a sympathetic figure?
This is possible. I don't know.
Did she attend church (sorry I know it has a specific name there, but I’ve blanked)
"Ward" is the location, but we refer to our Sunday meetings as attending church, so you're spot on. But no. She (LV) did not attend church in Salem that I'm aware of.

To me, the timing points more to Alex committing suicide, after he heard about the kids being publicly missing (maybe nothing to do with Tammy’s exhumation).
The public announcement wasn't until Dec 20. He died Dec 12.
MOO: I doubt it was the announcement of them being publicly missing. I'm hoping it wasn't because he knew of or was part of their demise.

Edit: added "public"

I also tried to look up Nick Schneider and found one that was somewhat of interest. He was a few years older than Lori, was born in southern California like was, then moved to Pennsylvania, and died a few years ago in 2016 at age 51. I noticed Lori has a random Pennsylvania address in her address history (may or may not be accurate). But, this Nick's Pennsylvania location and Lori's supposed Pennsylvania location were in different parts of the state. He seems to have left California before she would have been old enough to know him there, and I couldn't find any Mormon connections about him to tie them together.

The other thing I thought of was one nickname some people use for Satan is "Old Nick." But not Old Nick Schneider, as far as I know :).

I did a Google site search on Poshmark and found several people named Lori without any last name but I couldn't prove any of the profiles were her. I was looking at all of her photos and trying to compare the clothing for sale on the pages too. One thing that I noticed on Lori's instagram posts is that Lori and Tylee are wearing the same shirt in different photos (a white blouse with metal things on the shoulders). So I tried looking for distinctive clothes such as that on Poshmark too. While they could have two shirts the same, I think they probably shared clothing and maybe Lori was into swapping clothing on a site like Poshmark. But she may not have an obvious username that would identify her. MOO.

I've been following along and am finally breaking into the convo here. Anyway, I can't imagine Lori as the type to do much work as going through the trouble of selling off goods. However, I can very well see her as boss and having Alex, her devoted brother/employee do it at her command.

as long-time homeschoolers, we were rarely at home (the kids were taking various classes in the community and sometimes traveling to visit friends and relatives). Because Lori had homeschooled Tylee at various points, I’m sure she knew that taking JJ out of school to “homeschool” wouldn’t cause any red flags in itself. It took a full 2 months (and lack of contact with grandparents) for anyone to even question that.
I am sure that would have been the case here too. Lying about the homeschooled child's whereabouts was the problem. If they had been at the address they gave that would not have been a red flag.

Won't they all feel silly when my end of the world predictions come true and it happens in April 2020! (sarcasm)

ETA: A few links of interest since I find this topic fascinating and have read a bit about it.

There are (and have been!) enough doomsday predictions there is a whole wiki page with highlights:
List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia

This is an interesting article that discusses what happens to believers when a prediction doesn't come to fruition:
When Doomsday Isn't, Believers Struggle to Cope | Live Science

Not directing this at you J in c, but choosing this out of several posts on the "doomsday" topic to reply to. I think the mods want us to stay on the topic of what the POI's have said they believe (and not general religious beliefs or beliefs from various doomsday cults). Just so we stay on that topic, here's a post Chad wrote in 2015 about what he believes about the end times: 18- Finding joy in the last days | cdaybell.com

One quote from Chad's blog that I find fascinating in light of current events:

"People would be disappointed to realize how average and normal we are. We enjoy everyday life with our spouses and children. When the hard times come, we’ll be right there in the midst of everything, trying to help others, rather than hiding in a bunker somewhere."

I wonder if Chad has changed his mind about that since 2015? If that's true, then why does it appear Chad is in hiding? Why isn't he helping find his missing step-children? Why has he seemingly abandoned his adult children to deal with the situation in his absence? If Chad believes this is the "last days" wouldn't he want his children and grandchildren safe with him? Wouldn't he want the missing children found so that they too can be safe? I don't see any movement from Chad and Lori to make those things happen. So I'm left with the impression that either Chad doesn't believe what he wrote or maybe them being in hiding, hiring a lawyer and not cooperating with police has nothing to do with his end-times predictions. Or maybe it's both.

MOO.

I also tried to look up Nick Schneider and found one that was somewhat of interest. He was a few years older than Lori, was born in southern California like was, then moved to Pennsylvania, and died a few years ago in 2016 at age 51. I noticed Lori has a random Pennsylvania address in her address history (may or may not be accurate). But, this Nick's Pennsylvania location and Lori's supposed Pennsylvania location were in different parts of the state. He seems to have left California before she would have been old enough to know him there, and I couldn't find any Mormon connections about him to tie them together.

The other thing I thought of was one nickname some people use for Satan is "Old Nick." But not Old Nick Schneider, as far as I know :).
I did too and found way too many. Including someone who did 8 robberies in a day with his partner in Milwaukee !!!!!

The public announcement wasn't until Dec 20. He died Dec 12.
MOO: I doubt it was the announcement of them being publicly missing. I'm hoping it wasn't because he knew of or was part of their demise.

Edit: added "public"

But LE were trying to get the permission to exhume for a while IIRC. I will have to go back and check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p