Chase Merritt SENTENCED TO DEATH for murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

Merritt loves sacking his lawyers, another pathetic attempt to delay justice here.

sorry if he has issues with his lawyer don’t sack him now. He has had plenty of time to do so this. This is just another game on his part.

I HATE HIM SO MUCH :mad::mad::mad::mad:

So I wonder if the judge hears Merritt's reasons... says, nope, not going for it... Maline stays on and finishes for the day and they sentence Merritt, right? I think the judge does have discretion to say 'not a good enough reason'.

So I wonder if the judge hears Merritt's reasons... says, nope, not going for it... Maline stays on and finishes for the day and they sentence Merritt, right? I think the judge does have discretion to say 'not a good enough reason'.
I think the judge has that right too.
I think the only reason that Merritt could give is that Maline did something 'wrong' during the presentation today. It would have to be a legal error, I believe. Something he did that was wrong, incompetent.

I don't think Merritt can just say I want to fire him because he was doing a poor job in this hearing. He needs to set forward specific errors, IMO.

We'll see.

I don't think Maline even gets to represent him in his appeals. That's right isn't it? So he's firing him just to try and get these motions through by some other lawyer I think.

He will get new attorney's for appeals I believe. I am not sure what the thought process is with Merritt... he could actually use the judges own words and say that he filed the motion 15 minutes before the hearing... he wasn't prepared... he should have had it done... blah blah blah.

part of the justice system is having competent representation for a defendant... did Maline sound competent this morning? (at one point Merritt had to correct him with a tower or azmuth or something)

I think the only reason that Merritt could give is that Maline did something 'wrong' during the presentation today. It would have to be a legal error, I believe. Something he did that was wrong, incompetent.

Could having to correct his attorney be enough?

Could having to correct his attorney be enough?

I wouldn't think so. I only pointed it out because Merritt looked super annoyed at Maline at that point LOL

It also seems like there is some sort of tension between the judge and Maline... more than what I would consider "normal" judge/defense lawyer tension. The judge always seemed to be different with McGee than he did Maline, but it stood out more today to me, anyone else notice that?

I think Maline told Merritt now is not the time to argue this stuff and Merritt insisted. Once Merritt saw that the judge wasn't going to fall for the BS he's now blaming Maline for everything. Merritt doesn't like to be told no and just like a child he wants his own way. He's an extremely manipulative and calculating individual who knows exactly what he's doing. And he has nothing but time and access to all of the jail house know-it-alls.

I think Maline told Merritt now is not the time to argue this stuff and Merritt insisted. Once Merritt saw that the judge wasn't going to fall for the BS he's now blaming Maline for everything. Merritt doesn't like to be told no and just like a child he wants his own way. He's an extremely manipulative and calculating individual who knows exactly what he's doing. And he has nothing but time and access to all of the jail house know-it-alls.
Yep we are seeing how he responds to not being in control.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back