Chase Merritt SENTENCED TO DEATH for murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

State: in order for a private lab to submit for codis, they need prior approval from the govt. lab, and the defense knew that.
They also cannot submit profiles with a dozen, or 20 alleles mixed together. And that is how these samples were.

Mr Maline wants to paint this as the govt. has biological evidence and they won't test it. And he knows that is not true.

This was brought up at trial, of course! LOL Maline should have come back with .... they do not need this approval to run a keyboard search, which is what they requested to be done IIRC. But this was McGee's area during trial, I'm not sure Maline even understands it all :confused:

Brian Rokos‏Verified account @Brian_Rokos 13m13 minutes ago
Deputy District Attorney Britt Imes says what Maline said today about cell phone towers is not new evidence. “A reinterpretation of three evidence does not undermine the evidence.”

Brian Rokos‏Verified account @Brian_Rokos 11m11 minutes ago
“We never asserted that he was standing next to the graves” or whether he was in any particular location, Imes said. But Merritt was not truthful about whether he had been in the desert in recent years.

Brian Rokos‏Verified account @Brian_Rokos 9m9 minutes ago
“Once again the People area assailed with baseless claims of misconduct,” Imes said. No evidence that it swayed jury.

Brian Rokos‏Verified account @Brian_Rokos 1m1 minute ago
Imes also said there’s no evidence that ineffective defense counsel affected the verdict. Maline is now going to question former co-counsel James McGee on the witness stand after a short break.

If Maline is hoping to make mcGee look incompetent he is failing. McGee sounds like he knew exactly what he was doing back then. He sounds more savvy that Maline does.
Right now I think it's about when and how they got additional cell phone records that the State was using in Boles direct examination, the defense didn't have them at all by the sounds of it.

*I don't recall this. But this was during the time that L&C pulled out and we only had audio. I am not sure if it was addressed in open court though. Anyone else remember this?

If I had been a juror and expected to close this case today with sentencing, and after dedicating 6 months of my life to see the trial through and render a fair and just verdict, i think the stuff going on today would really offend me.

Right now I think it's about when and how they got additional cell phone records that the State was using in Boles direct examination, the defense didn't have them at all by the sounds of it.

*I don't recall this. But this was during the time that L&C pulled out and we only had audio. I am not sure if it was addressed in open court though. Anyone else remember this?
But they are essentially calling McGee incompetent and trying to get a new trial for ineffectiveness of counsel. So they have to show him as 'ineffective.' But this questioning on the stand is showing that he is intelligent and has total recall of the trial.

AND he is making A good case for himself as a litigator. He does not appear to be a liability. JMO

If I had been a juror and expected to close this case today with sentencing, and after dedicating 6 months of my life to see the trial through and render a fair and just verdict, i think the stuff going on today would really offend me.

Fortunately the jury is done and it’s up to the judge, but yes, listening to this would be very offensive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back