TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
[bbm]

I thought the black & white was reversed because some videos do that - so that the boots may actually be black. Maybe someone who's more of an expert can chime in.
Ah, yes, I noticed this with my camera. Very early in the morning it still uses night vision. I was surprised to see myself on camera in a bright white jacket. In reality, it’s a bunch of dark colors in a pattern.

No, pretty sure it's just black & white video. Otherwise, the headlights of the truck would be black instead of white.
I’m going to test this by taking a flashlight to mine. However, as it’s out in the chicken coops and it’s bitterly cold out, I’ll try to remember to do it in the morning.

Mine is only black and white early evening through morning. About 30 minutes after the sun rises, it’s back to full color unless it’s a really cloudy morning.

I’m going to test this by taking a flashlight to mine. However, as it’s out in the chicken coops and it’s bitterly cold out, I’ll try to remember to do it in the morning.

Mine is only black and white early evening through morning. About 30 minutes after the sun rises, it’s back to full color unless it’s a really cloudy morning.

Interesting. Thanks and let us know how it goes. We don't have security cams so have no idea how most of them appear today. I'm sure technology is really advanced.

Interesting. Thanks and let us know how it goes. We don't have security cams so have no idea how most of them appear today. I'm sure technology is really advanced.
Turns out it is far from simple when it’s on night vision. The light is white. My solid black chickens are black, and the white chicken is white, BUT my multicolored dark coat is white. My dark brown boots are lighter than they actually are. My multicolored brown hat is grey.

Turns out it is far from simple when it’s on night vision. The light is white. My solid black chickens are black, and the white chicken is white, BUT my multicolored dark coat is white. My dark brown boots are lighter than they actually are. My multicolored brown hat is grey.

Oh, wow. So we really don't know the color of the killer's coat or boots or even if they were dark or light?

Oh, wow. So we really don't know the color of the killer's coat or boots or even if they were dark or light?
Nope. It’s interesting, now that I look at my videos, to see what maintains fairly normal color and what doesn’t. It probably has to do with heat and the density of various materials. Before I got a camera, I didn’t realize how long after sunrise it would stay on night vision.

Haven't seen the video, but what about using the scene as a reference? What was Elizabeth wearing? Was there anything colorful in a sale setting? Pretty sure not much of that info is available though.

PS: Go, WS! Such a clever thought of reversed colors!

In the video showing Elizabeth's murder, look at the pile of things spread out on the driveway to the murderer's right. The pile appears as light/white colored.

In daylight pictures and video after the murder, the items on the driveway are various colors many of which are dark.

The Star Wars mask, which is white, appears white in both.

1d6a29b9-89aa-440d-be68-998068f36edb_360x203.jpg

9517428-6678381-Surveillance_footage_captured_the_suspect_who_appears_to_be_a_wo-m-3_1549555258500.jpg

Kingwood616792157852.jpg

I am curious does this truck have a siris/xm receiver, or any other tech that can be tracked? I wonder if LE has taken that approach, seems like almost every car has a siris/xm receiver these days.

I am curious does this truck have a siris/xm receiver, or any other tech that can be tracked? I wonder if LE has taken that approach, seems like almost every car has a siris/xm receiver these days.
I am shocked it wasn't captured on a plate reading camera, or something- it was there two days and got away without being seen

It has been almost a year since the murder. The only images of the truck released to the public have been the HCSOT video and the murder video. Is that all they have?

The police have said the murderer drove an older model, dark colored, 4 door Nissan Frontier truck. I have not read anything else released that would help further identify the truck? There are different models of the Nissan Frontier truck such as Pro-4x, Desert Runner, etc. I wonder if they have narrowed it down.

One thing I noticed is the headlights on the truck. They appear to be different on the two videos posted by the HCSOT. Single headlights in the first drive by, double in the second. Could the truck have fog lights? Not all vehicles have fog lights.

The first drive by may be the night before the murder. The second drive by the morning of the murder.

You can also see the double lights when the murderer is making their getaway in the murder video.

I posted some still shots from each video trying to get the same position of the truck to compare.

Fog lights?

HCSOTexas on Twitter

New lead in murder of woman at Tomball garage sale

Attachments

• getfog.jpg
    getfog.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 167
  • fog1.jpg
    fog1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 195
  • nofog1.jpg
    nofog1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 178
  • fog.jpg
    fog.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 177
  • nofog.jpg
    nofog.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 142
I am shocked it wasn't captured on a plate reading camera, or something- it was there two days and got away without being seen
I still wonder if the plate image may have been captured somehow, but the plate check yielded nothing helpful -- out-of-state, plate does not match vehicle registration, individual on registration deceased or cannot be found, vehicle matching registration is unknown/can't be found, etc., etc.
Either situation gives LE nothing -- non-capture or totally bogus yielding nothing. If the latter, the alleged murderer had a very well-thought plan...

I just watched the Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix, and one thing that I noticed was how it seemed like with one of his murders, the police were able to track where he went in his car through cameras all throughout the Boston area. Could the police not do this to get a general idea of where the truck went to, or at least get a plate # from one of the camera shots?

I just watched the Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix, and one thing that I noticed was how it seemed like with one of his murders, the police were able to track where he went in his car through cameras all throughout the Boston area. Could the police not do this to get a general idea of where the truck went to, or at least get a plate # from one of the camera shots?

I totally agree! It should not be hard to do if the car stayed on that main street which is non-stop businesses for miles. However the killer possibly got ont he freeway at some point.

Today is so sad (the anniversary of when it happened). And tomorrow (the day she died). It's getting discouraging, to say the least, that they haven't yet found who did this and who was behind it.

Houston has a heck of a transportation camera network on it's freeways. It's even publicly accessible. You can see the cameras on Kuykendahl here: Houston TranStar Cameras

There's no freeway out of houston without cameras on it, so LE should be able to rule out if a freeway was taken or not, though they could have gone just straight north.

Either way it's shocking me to the core that LE cannot figure this out. I have to assume they know more than they are letting out publicly, at least as to where the truck went.

Houston has a heck of a transportation camera network on it's freeways. It's even publicly accessible. You can see the cameras on Kuykendahl here: Houston TranStar Cameras

There's no freeway out of houston without cameras on it, so LE should be able to rule out if a freeway was taken or not, though they could have gone just straight north.

Either way it's shocking me to the core that LE cannot figure this out. I have to assume they know more than they are letting out publicly, at least as to where the truck went.
I hate to say it but: HPD could theoretically comb through all the videos; but the man hours would be staggering. They most likely went through the immediate, localized cameras in that timeframe; but that is all. It would simply cost too much to do more. The director of homicide investigation is basically a budget minded, numbers cruncher. Many other homicides can be solved for a fraction of the cost. Risk/cost vs. reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam