Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can only speculate, I don’t even have an opinion, just speculation based on what little factual information I can find on msm.

When I read the court papers posted here on FH’s previous conviction of gang rape, him and 2 other men abducted the victim (6 months pregnant!), at a bus stop at gunpoint and took her to a house where there were another 4 men, all 7 were charged with gang rape I think. One thing that struck me was the objections by the prosecution over the contradictions in FH’s testimony over whether his brother had intercourse with the victim. FH testified that he and his brother did not, and also said he did not know. The defense wanted a mistrial over the judge’s handling of this contradiction in testimony in court and was denied.

“The appellant testified that he did not have sex with L.C. and that he did not see his brother Timothy having sex with her. R. 391. On cross-examination of the appellant, the assistant district attorney inquired, "[N]either you nor Timothy ever had sex with [L.C.]?" The appellant answered, *102 "I don't know if Timothy did." R. 395. The following then occurred:

"Q. [ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY:] I thought you said a while ago that you knew for a fact that Timothy didn't? "[DEFENSE COUNSEL]: See, that's what I'm talking about. He's been continually doing that, stating things as facts, and assuming them in his questions that are not in evidence. It's improper and we object to it. "THE COURT: Overruled.... He asked him if Tim had sex with her and he said no.””

Hampton v. State

It struck me because of FH’s extreme loyalty to protect a co defendant, under oath, when their main defense was that the sex was consensual and she came with them willingly.

From the same link: Hampton v. State

FH: “"He [Timothy] said he did, but I didn't see him." R. 397.
Later, Timothy Hampton took the stand and admitted that he and L.C. had engaged in sexual intercourse, but he claimed that the act was done with L.C.'s consent.”

And regarding whether FH was in the Tin Roof, I can only find statements from LE that PH left the bar with,“someone”, I can’t find a definitive statement from LE that FH was at the bar.
If anyone has a link with LE saying that FH was at the Tin Roof, please link me.

I’m not saying he wasn’t, I just don’t know.

Perhaps he was just the clean up guy, after the fact, he’s not the only bad guy in town and he knows at least 6 other bad guys, we know from his previous conviction.

Maybe they brought cadaver dogs into the house when they searched and got a hit, and maybe they got a hit from dogs on FH’s car at that time, as well. Maybe they got his phone records showing him traveling from the house where she died to Hueytown late that night, too, if he was dumb enough to take his phone in the heat of the moment. Or maybe a concerned citizen, or two, in Hueytown saw his car that night, recognized it, and called it in after reading about PH missing, arousing their suspicion based on his reputation.

Maybe by the time they searched the house, FH has already snuck away, leaving his car at the house. I think he’s probably done enough crime to know if you want to hide, don’t drive your own car. It seems like he left his phone this time or LE would already have him.

I don’t think FH is the only person that was with PH that night. She didn’t text, “I don’t know this person”, she said “people”.

I think it’s complicated and while LE may have the evidence that FH buried her body, I think, maybe, they don’t have the full story yet, because of “honor amongst thieves” to cover for each other.

Moo

Last edited:
“Fredrick Hampton, 50, of Brighton, is facing a charge of abuse of a corpse, a Class C felony. Hampton was not in custody as of Saturday, Jan. 18, but D.A. Lynneice Washington said she believes he will eventually be arrested.

“I’m confident that at some point he will be apprehended,” said Washington. “No matter where he goes, I think he will be apprehended.””

paighton-houston-hampton.png

https://www.trussvilletribune.com/2...ton-case-should-not-be-tried-on-social-media/

““We have a court system and we don’t try cases on social media,” Washington said. “There are people who have paid a lot of money and who have received a great deal of training to be able to be competent and to carry out cases in a manner in which they should be handled, lawfully and tactfully.”

Washington said social media is not a great place to conduct investigations or court.

“People are naturally inquisitive, but we need people who have taken an oath and have a commitment to justice to make sure it’s balanced,” she explained.

Washington said she believes in the investigators who are following every lead possible. Her main concern is for the family of Paighton Houston.

“I want closure for this family and this is too important,” she said. “We have too many of our young ladies, our babies, our teenagers, whose lives have been prematurely taken and for whatever reason, we need to know why.”

[...]

“Washington believes Houston’s family has a long road ahead of them. That’s why she is committed to justice.

“Even when Fredrick Hampton is captured and when he goes through the court system, that’s going to be difficult for them,” said Washington. “They really won’t have closure until there’s a conclusion of this matter.””

Jefferson County DA in Bessemer says Paighton Houston case should not be tried on social media

Last edited:
And regarding whether FH was in the Tin Roof, I can only find statements from LE that PH left the bar with,“someone”, I can’t find a definitive statement from LE that FH was at the bar.
If anyone has a link with LE saying that FH was at the Tin Roof, please link me.
See my post above.

:oops:
““We have a court system and we don’t try cases on social media,” Washington said. “There are people who have paid a lot of money and who have received a great deal of training to be able to be competent and to carry out cases in a manner in which they should be handled, lawfully and tactfully.”

Washington said social media is not a great place to conduct investigations or court.

/snip

I guess we should all just stop sharing our speculations and moos and just read the news and Tricia should shut down websleuths, then.

In this interview with [edit:] Lynneice Washington she states that the body had started decomposing so they lost a lot of evidence that they could have had if the body had been located earlier.
Also it doesn't sound like LE knows if PH left with FH. That was based on witness statements. But LE knows that FH was present at Tin Roof that night and LE knows that he was involved.
Paighton Houston death investigation update
This was posted earlier, but it was part of a YouTube analysis that may have been deleted. The link in this post is to CBS42's Facebook site.
Right there. There is the msm that Frederick Hampton was at the Tin Roof bar that night that Paighton Houston disappeared.

I can only speculate, I don’t even have an opinion, just speculation based on what little factual information I can find on msm.

When I read the court papers posted here on FH’s previous conviction of gang rape, him and 2 other men abducted the victim (6 months pregnant!), at a bus stop at gunpoint and took her to a house where there were another 4 men, all 7 were charged with gang rape I think. One thing that struck me was the objections by the prosecution over the contradictions in FH’s testimony over whether his brother had intercourse with the victim. FH testified that he and his brother did not, and also said he did not know. The defense wanted a mistrial over the judge’s handling of this contradiction in testimony in court and was denied.

The appellant testified that he did not have sex with L.C. and that he did not see his brother Timothy having sex with her. R. 391. On cross-examination of the appellant, the assistant district attorney inquired, "[N]either you nor Timothy ever had sex with [L.C.]?" The appellant answered, *102 "I don't know if Timothy did." R. 395. The following then occurred:

"Q. [ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY:] I thought you said a while ago that you knew for a fact that Timothy didn't? "[DEFENSE COUNSEL]: See, that's what I'm talking about. He's been continually doing that, stating things as facts, and assuming them in his questions that are not in evidence. It's improper and we object to it. "THE COURT: Overruled.... He asked him if Tim had sex with her and he said no.””

Hampton v. State

It struck me because of FH’s extreme loyalty to protect a co defendant, under oath, when their main defense was that the sex was consensual and she came with them willingly.

From the same link: Hampton v. State

FH: “"He [Timothy] said he did, but I didn't see him." R. 397.
Later, Timothy Hampton took the stand and admitted that he and L.C. had engaged in sexual intercourse, but he claimed that the act was done with L.C.'s consent.”

I’m not saying he wasn’t, I just don’t know.

Perhaps he was just the clean up guy, after the fact, he’s not the only bad guy in town and he knows at least 6 other bad guys, we know from his previous conviction.

Maybe they brought cadaver dogs into the house when they searched and got a hit, and maybe they got a hit from dogs on FH’s car at that time, as well. Maybe they got his phone records showing him traveling from the house where she died to Hueytown late that night, too, if he was dumb enough to take his phone in the heat of the moment. Or maybe a concerned citizen, or two, in Hueytown saw his car that night, recognized it, and called it in after reading about PH missing, arousing their suspicion based on his reputation.

Maybe by the time they searched the house, FH has already snuck away, leaving his car at the house. I think he’s probably done enough crime to know if you want to hide, don’t drive your own car. It seems like he left his phone this time or LE would already have him.

I don’t think FH is the only person that was with PH that night. She didn’t text, “I don’t know this person”, she said “people”.

I think it’s complicated and while LE may have the evidence that FH buried her body, I think, maybe, they don’t have the full story yet, because of “honor amongst thieves” to cover for each other.

Moo
FH's story makes no sense. He is saying that a 6 month pregnant woman, waiting at the bus stop, voluntarily went off with strange men, and agreed to have sex with 7 of them?

And I don't care if FH did or did not have sex with her-- she was taken at gunpoint, so that doesn't make him a saint if he didn't end up raping her, but was there while his 6 buddies did.

I find his 'extreme loyalty to protect a co-defendant' revolting, and not impressive, imo.

In my opinion, you are not 'just' a clean up guy if cleaning up involves burying a young battered woman. That makes you an accomplice to murder, in my opinion. JMO

Nowhere has a body buried 14 days before recovered preventing a cause of death from being determined for PH been reported. Not by the ME/ LE, nobody. It's only the opinion of o/p.
Not directed at you Seattle (as you're right) but it dd get me thinking. Putting this under a toggle for trigger warning
In this timeframe, bloat has already possibly ruptured skin, which has discolored to the point of making bruising hard to discern.14 days of insect activity can greatly degrade areas of the body - the organs that are not already partially liquefied would be infested and soft areas like genitals, throat, abdomen, underarms partially eaten away. In P's case, if she was asphyxiated it could be very difficult to prove. Decay can be accelerated by things like rain, marshy soil. We also don't know if something else was done to the body first such as burning it. For the same reasons, I fail to see how they can determine whether she was raped or had consensual intercourse. Due to the circumstances and his past record I'd say it most likely he drugged her, raped and suffocated her than anything else being suggested.

FH's story makes no sense. He is saying that a 6 month pregnant woman, waiting at the bus stop, voluntarily went off with strange men, and agreed to have sex with 7 of them?

And I don't care if FH did or did not have sex with her-- she was taken at gunpoint, so that doesn't make him a saint if he didn't end up raping her, but was there while his 6 buddies did.

I find his 'extreme loyalty to protect a co-defendant' revolting, and not impressive, imo.

In my opinion, you are not 'just' a clean up guy if cleaning up involves burying a young battered woman. That makes you an accomplice to murder, in my opinion. JMO
I’m not suggesting that anything we know about these guys is not revolting. Reading that gang rape case is nothing but revolting.
I am not defending him, I’m only speculating why he’s a burying a corpse suspect and not a murder suspect. Yet.

Edited to add, by loyalty, I mean he’s willing to lie, repeatedly, under oath to try to protect his co defendants, (or at least one of them), even though the lie is totally unnecessary if they are claiming it was consensual sex and not rape. It’s a convoluted and ridiculous argument on his part, for sure.
“Honor amongst thieves”, is no compliment.

Last edited:
Right there. There is the msm that Frederick Hampton was at the Tin Roof bar that night that Paighton Houston disappeared.

Got it. Thank you.
I read some posts before asking for verification and they weren’t clear about that, I’ve caught up and read them all now, I got behind and it took me awhile to catch up.
Fred Hampton was definitely at the Tin Roof the night Paighton disappeared.

I’m not suggesting that anything we know about these guys is not revolting. Reading that gang rape case is nothing but revolting.
I am not defending him, I’m only speculating why he’s a burying a corpse suspect and not a murder suspect. Yet.

Edited to add, by loyalty, I mean he’s willing to lie, repeatedly, under oath to try to protect his co defendants, (or at least one of them), even though the lie is totally unnecessary if they are claiming it was consensual sex and not rape. It’s a convoluted and ridiculous argument on his part, for sure.
“Honor amongst thieves”, is no compliment.
If I read the legal doc correctly, his co-defendant is his brother. It's not uncommon for family members to protect each other. I suspect his family is doing that by harboring him at the present time.

However, I've been known to be wrong on occasion.

“Fredrick Hampton, 50, of Brighton, is facing a charge of abuse of a corpse, a Class C felony. Hampton was not in custody as of Saturday, Jan. 18, but D.A. Lynneice Washington said she believes he will eventually be arrested.

“I’m confident that at some point he will be apprehended,” said Washington. “No matter where he goes, I think he will be apprehended.””

paighton-houston-hampton.png

Jefferson County DA in Bessemer says Paighton Houston case should not be tried on social media
The DA sounds very sure that they'll have him, soon.
Here's the thing, this dude has family and connections all over the South.
He knows how to stay alive and survive. (Yes, I made a rhyme)....no, it's no funny.
My question....How long do we think this guy can stay hidden?
One would think he could stay hidden for a long time. Is there any way to make an educated guess at this?

The DA sounds very sure that they'll have him, soon.
Here's the thing, this dude has family and connections all over the South.
He knows how to stay alive and survive. (Yes, I made a rhyme)....no, it's no funny.
My question....How long do we think this guy can stay hidden?
One would think he could stay hidden for a long time. Is there any way to make an educated guess at this?

I would think that would depend on who is searching for him and what resources they have available to them. I don’t think there is anyway to guess because we don’t know how long he’s been on the run and what information authorities already have.
I also don’t think he’s that smart. He has spent 20+ years in prison. Not all that much time on the streets for him to get too savvy on how to elude authorities. Would also hope that not every single family member would harbor a fugitive. My guess would be that it won’t be long now before they have him in custody. Moo

I would think that would depend on who is searching for him and what resources they have available to them. I don’t think there is anyway to guess because we don’t know how long he’s been on the run and what information authorities already have.
I also don’t think he’s that smart. He has spent 20+ years in prison. Not all that much time on the streets for him to get too savvy on how to elude authorities. Would also hope that not every single family member would harbor a fugitive. My guess would be that it won’t be long now before they have him in custody. Moo
Yes...that is a good point. With so much time incarcerated, he might not be very savvy.

Yes...that is a good point. With so much time incarcerated, he might not be very savvy.

I'm... not sure that's how prison works, exactly; as I would expect lots of criminals locked up with lots of time to do little else other than swap tips on a whole swath of topics, including "how to evade capture".

You could, however, make the argument that when you're talking about "people sitting in prison", you're talking only about the ones stupid enough to get caught, I suppose ;).

I'm... not sure that's how prison works, exactly; as I would expect lots of criminals locked up with lots of time to do little else other than swap tips on a whole swath of topics, including "how to evade capture".

You could, however, make the argument that when you're talking about "people sitting in prison", you're talking only about the ones stupid enough to get caught, I suppose ;).

Jumping off this post, he may have some some jail bird buddies. Not sure if they’d hide him.

Does anyone happen to have handy the date FH was released from prison? I wonder if he may be connected to any other MPs or homicides in the area, as we know there a lot of them.

But with him being a prior offender, his DNA would be in CODIS, right? Do we know when Alabama started collecting DNA? Any chance he’s not in the system? If there’s a chance, then perhaps they asked for a sample when they original held him? Chances are likely he’s in the system already, especially since he’s on the RSO registry as of recently, but I remember from Abby’s and Libby’s case, for example, that DNA wasn’t collected for all offenders until a few years ago (something like that, foggy, still waking up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson