CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loosely following this thread. I'm not sure she might have made it out there alive and my fear of being bitten by a snake far exceeds my comfort even in summer. That said, there are niche markets for everything out there including older women in bikinis or undies to supplement SSI. She is a beautiful woman.

IMO.
We know Barb wore a bikini top because a photograph is available on many websites showing such. Hmmmm.
I realize the importance of what he said she was last wearing for when she is found.

I would like to know how easy/ difficult it would be to see a red hat in the desert terrain.
Through all the SARS , drones, ATV and misc searches for her she has not been found in that area.

Personally, I am not buying the kidnapping to Vegas theory
I don’t remember, was the hat red or white? In a desert, which would show up better?

I don’t remember, was the hat red or white? In a desert, which would show up better?

The hat has been reported as red, also reported as red and white.
The mainstream media photo shows a red hat with whites sides ( as far as I can tell) and a black bikini top.
The photo is NOT dated, but seems to describe what he claims she was wearing on the day of her disappearance.

upload_2020-1-17_17-53-53.jpeg

Thread is open again.

Many posts have been removed in response to the OP suggestion regarding undie pics for money.

Such speculation is not victim friendly, is distasteful, and there is nothing in MSM to support such discussion (and subsequent bickering).

The hat has been reported as red, also reported as red and white.
The mainstream media photo shows a red hat with whites sides ( as far as I can tell) and a black bikini top.
The photo is NOT dated, but seems to describe what he claims she was wearing on the day of her disappearance.

View attachment 226538
Thanks, I think my confusion came in because some media described it as white, some red, when it sounds like it’s both.

Thread is open again.

Many posts have been removed in response to the OP suggestion regarding undie pics for money.

Such speculation is not victim friendly, is distasteful, and there is nothing in MSM to support such discussion (and subsequent bickering).
When a 'Like' is not enough.^^^

Thank you, SillyBilly, for addressing these pointless and distasteful posts brought up by certain members.
Barbara is missing and she doesn't need to be victim blamed for anything she did.

Remains Found in Joshua Tree National Park ID’d as Canadian Man Missing Since 2018

Paul was away from a trail (even though he never stated to anyone that he was going off trail). He was found within a reasonable walking distance from the trail (the trail was "remote" to begin with). I think it may be found that he died subsequent to injuries from a fall of some kind, as he was below a promontory (where there was a kind of trace, not an actual trail, to the top) and on top of a kind of talus pile. It's amazing that they found him, but they did have to widen their drone search area well beyond what was initially searched. Still, obviously, he was found within walking distance of where he said he would be...

Barbara's search area was approximately 4 square miles, mostly on the western side of Kelbaker. I'm judging this by the West Valley SAR photos.

Update on Mr. Mokkapati (lost on Mt Baldy near Christmas): Not good, not found. Meanwhile, SAR had to evacuate 2 unprepared hikers in the last storm.

Now that we've had some rain, I'm wondering what the conditions have been in the dry creek bed near where Barbara vanished.

I wish RT would agree to do another interview with any kind of updated info he may have.
Ita.
I know there's a list of questions I'd have for RT , if he wanted to walk us back through that day.
Generally a horrible event leaves a clear impression of how the specific day unfolded; even after years have passed.

Were there any stops besides the convenience store ?
Anyone they met up with ?
Was she carrying a drink container or a can of beer ?
Etc.
Such simple facts, and still we are waiting.
Why don't we know even the most basic questions ?
Anyone else think of what we'd like to know -- from an interview with RT ?

Last edited:
I would also like to know whether he still stands by all the quotes initially attributed to him, or if he would like to clarify any.

For example, when he made the comment about being concerned that maybe she was kidnapped and taken to Vegas BECAUSE of what she was wearing.

I could see a panicked and flustered person saying various phrases "maybe kidnapped" "wearing bikini" etc without really intending them to sound like a cause and effect, but in their flustered state that's how it came out.

And the media glommed onto that because it was a bit odd, and we subsequently have focussed on it as well.

I'm very curious if he would now opt to clarify, or whether he'd affirm that that cause/effect is indeed what he meant.

He is never going to answer any of those questions. I bet he hasn't answered any of the detective's questions either. I am pretty sure he got an attorney and has nothing else to say....JMO

That's the beauty of his 'story.' She is a missing hiker....

Probably not, but I'm really interested in seeing the questions. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members