The British Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry has made a fool of himself to the whole world. He looked horrible giving the speech. He could have cleaned himself up some.

Such a mess. I do hope that if H and M are still together, that H can adjust to the new life style in a new country away from everything he has ever known. He sounded a bit whiny to me in that speech. I don't have much respect left for him.

What happened to Africa, why Canada??? Why not the Bahamas??
Why Canada? I have never been to Canada but there is something in Canada for M.

I thought they both wanted to go to Africa.
They both want to make the world a better place. How many times have we heard that?
They are willing to do that, but only in an exclusive enclave in Vancouver BC. Not in any third world location that could use the help...

If these reports are correct, the money is invested fairly conservatively, and it's through a trust, so he doesn't really have control over it...

Ita
I also believe there was a cap on the annual distribution.
What bills would PH actually have (as a Royal), most expenses would be reimbursed, imo. On a day to day basis I think they’d have little need for money.

Last edited:
I wish I had that kind of money. You don't need Daddy's help with that kind of money.
Do like the rest of the world and watch your expenses. An ugly 90K dress to be worn one time is not necessary.
They can't live in Africa b/c the juxtaposition of their lifestyle with that of the citizenry makes them look ....um...bad. She said as much in the Africa documentary. She's not wrong.

I could not bring myself to see fake crying Meghan so I did not watch the documentary.
They would look really bad with their life style in that part of Africa.

I don’t believe Africa provided MM with what she craves, which is attention, adoration, access to the rich and famous in society and politics, and the glamorous life in the entertainment industry. It may have provided her with the opportunity to help others, which falls on her list somewhere. I think part of her wants to be known for caring about others and solving issues of social injustice. JMHO ...

I think part of her wants to be known for caring about others and solving issues of social injustice.
Wants to be known for, but I'm not convinced she actually wants to put in the necessary work. Just like she IMO wants to be known as an environmental activist, as long as she doesn't have to fly commercial.

This is more armchair psychology than anything else but I get the feeling Harry always thought his brother was more like Charles and he was more like Diana. Harry wanted to travel the world visiting wounded vets and eradicating landmines, setting up schools for child soldiers. I don’t think he wanted to become Princess Anne, opening factories and unveiling plaques in the UK.

I think he thought once he got married he’d be the “Commonwealth Prince” while William handled the boring King stuff in the UK. Once he both wasn’t free to set his work (exciting things only!) and his every move was criticized in the press (down to when his baby would be born) without the resignation and duty that comes with being a future monarch, he was out.

I am starting to think he would have done something like this no matter who he married. The issue is he couldn’t just do what he wanted while being a working royal. There are plaques to unveil and dinners to attend. That’s just not a very Diana life. Shaking hands doesn’t change the world even if it’s necessary for the institution of the monarchy.

Does PH mean they “wanted to continue to serve without funding” but since they are no longer considered working royals there was no other option??

Does PH mean they “wanted to continue to serve without funding” but since they are no longer considered working royals there was no other option??

That would be great of them to serve without Funding but I think they both hated serving the public even though they were greatly rewarded for their service.

Wants to be known
Her mission was accomplished.

levity aside, I doubt PC has ever said no to either son. PC is wealthy beyond belief, the boys can have what they like. MM just never seemed keen on the tasks at hand. That’s the image she projected to me, moo.
Could be she thought being a Royal would be entirely different. Once she started being told what to do, things went south. For no particular reason I always felt MM to be highly jealous of Kate. Remember how Kate & Harry would be photographed together? They seemed very close. Kate must be heartbroken as well.

They wanted to still do official engagements for the Queen like Royal Tours and patronages but without public funding that comes with the restriction that you can’t earn an income otherwise. So basically there was no way for them to continue doing royal duties while starting a professional (income-generating) business.

They wanted to still do official engagements for the Queen like Royal Tours and patronages but without public funding that comes with the restriction that you can’t earn an income otherwise. So basically there was no way for them to continue doing royal duties while starting a professional (income-generating) business.

Wanting the cake and eat it too!

Unreal and most of the clothing that MM wore looked horrible on her. I think she just looked for the highest price tag when selecting her clothing. There is no reason for that high of a clothing budget. I bet M hates wearing her old Toronto days clothes now - like the ratty sweater she wore to the Women Shelter staff visit.
I like what she wore to the women’s shelter. It was down-to-earth and not pretentious, appropriate for the visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu