Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^sbm

I too will stand behind PH's mom in her time of grief and sorry after losing her beloved daughter way too soon. However, I'm not believing all that she's offering in any FB group (republished in MSM) as fact because simply because it's what she believes in her broken heart. Case facts must always come from LE. In some ways, I think she's being exploited in these groups. I also hope that FB environment is aware of the stages of grief and will continue to support her in the months if not years to come. Continued wishes for peace and comfort for PH's family, friends, and community. MOO

The 7 stages of grief
  • Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  • Pain and guilt. ...
  • Anger and bargaining. ...
  • Depression. ...
  • The upward turn. ...
  • Reconstruction and working through. ...
  • Acceptance and hope.
This, except I think we need to stand behind Paighton. We want to believe that the person who feels the greatest grief and loss is also the person who most understands the deceased and whom is the greatest advocate for justice and even though both those things may be true she still is powerfully in the depths of grief and not entirely rational. We all have seen how tight law enforcement is about information regarding this case. I think it's almost a sure thing that the friend(s) have given law enforcement more information than what law enforcement has shared with the mother and they've also probably told the friends to not speak to anyone else about that info. That's how law enforcement works, they want to know more than what the suspects know they know and information leaks faster in 2020 than it ever has in the history of ever. Yes, the friend probably was a bit evasive in the very beginning when she was still trying to hide partying from parents before the police got seriously involved and that is probably when she was in direct communication with Paighton's mom so Mom still has that taste in her mouth and she can't help but express her feelings at this unimaginably difficult time through social media which feeds the drama sharks but I truly believe at this point the friend(s) is/are actually cooperating fully with law enforcement and it's just that info is being kept secret from Paighton's mom just as much as it's being kept secret from us.

According to news reports, FH was held on a 48-hour extension in Birmingham City Jail beginning Saturday, December 28, 2019, on suspicion of Kidnapping. The legal definition of Kidnapping can essentially be as simple as "holding" somebody and I'm sure investigators used PH's midnight text that she didn't know who she was with, never returning to the TRB, not collecting her car, and not in contact with family as suspicious. It's reasonable to suspect somebody was held if they don't show up or call when they are supposed to be elsewhere and no explanation why they are not present.

Since PH's remains were still undiscovered beginning Dec 28 - and the clock ticking -- it's no surprise FH was released. The general rule is that you are entitled to be in front of a judge within 36 hours for probable cause hearing and we know investigators were working hard since they were granted an extension to hold FH an additional 12 hours.

Regarding the cause of death -- I believe we can rule out suffocation, strangulation, stabbing, and gunshot since each of these will result in visible trauma to the body. I'd go so far as to say that there were probably no defensive wounds on PH body either. There can actually be a lot of information presented in a preliminary autopsy report and the toxicology results will serve to be more precise and corroborate the preliminary report.

MOO

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death
I have to disagree that suffocation would result in visible trauma to a body. In fact, positional asphyxia (the same thing that causes most Sudden Infant Death) is frequently the actual cause of drug related death, as well as aspiration of vomit though that's more likely to have been picked up in an initial medical examination

So again, it's very likely Paighton's COD will ultimately remain undetermined and we should all be keeping that in mind. It's difficult enough when the squad is called immediately and are able to see the scene and get cooperative statements. Toxicology will likely reveal that she did have drugs, opiods I'd wager, in her system but I doubt they'll be present in concentrations to definitely be fatal.

The reason law enforcement is saying this case is "very complicated" is that its going to be built on witness testimony (almost all cases ultimately are) and some of the witnesses are clearly uncooperative - though I don't believe Grace is.

At this point there are basically a range of scenarios from:

A) Paighton parties with Fred entirely of her own free will, dies while they're sleeping giving no indication of distress and Fred is so afraid of going back to prison that he hides the body

to

Z) Fred abducts Paighton, coerces her into a gang rape likely through the use of drugs and she dies as a result

Now considering Fred's criminal record clearly illustrates that he has kidnapped, coerced and gang raped in the past the truth seems very likely to be closer to Z but cases are not built on modus operandi. Justice is served through real facts being established which is much more difficult with hardened criminals. It's very likely that no one will be charged with homicide in this case but you better believe that the judge will consider the circumstances of whatever convictions the people can get and impose stiff sentencing. If Fred does ever get out of prison, he'll hopefully be too old to be a danger to his community any more and hopefully he'll take his accomplices with him.

Has anyone been able to uncover an Instagram account on FH? And since i’m Not on FB can I get some background info of what his posts say about him regarding his day to day life? Does he flash money? Drive fancy cars? What interests he may have? Sports fan? Music preference? Nickname? Any indication of any work he may do? I’m assuming he’s not your average 50 year old family man but maybe his FB shows a double life?

ETA:when was his last post? And was he active at all from the day PH went missing till now? Anything indicating he travelled often or to Georgia frequently?

Last edited:
their paths could have crossed in a group rehab setting or sobriety meetings. moo. also she could have willingly left with him, but not willingly went where he took her. his plans could have been very different than what her plans were. I doubt he was advertising about any bones in his closet. moo.

They also could have met in bible study class.

Last edited:
^^sbm

I too will stand behind PH's mom in her time of grief and sorry after losing her beloved daughter way too soon. However, I'm not believing all that she's offering in any FB group (republished in MSM) as fact because simply because it's what she believes in her broken heart. Case facts must always come from LE. In some ways, I think she's being exploited in these groups. I also hope that FB environment is aware of the stages of grief and will continue to support her in the months if not years to come. Continued wishes for peace and comfort for PH's family, friends, and community. MOO

The 7 stages of grief
  • Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  • Pain and guilt. ...
  • Anger and bargaining. ...
  • Depression. ...
  • The upward turn. ...
  • Reconstruction and working through. ...
  • Acceptance and hope.
This a brilliant post @Seattle1. And thank you @TheExperience for your sentiments, also. I believe they speak to the heart of why many of us are here, on WS. WS is all about supporting and vindicating those who have been wronged.
CH will go through these stages in her own time and in her own way.
And we'll be here..trying to help her make sense of this tragedy.

Has anyone been able to uncover an Instagram account on FH? And since i’m Not on FB can I get some background info of what his posts say about him regarding his day to day life? Does he flash money? Drive fancy cars? What interests he may have? Sports fan? Music preference? Nickname? Any indication of any work he may do? I’m assuming he’s not your average 50 year old family man but maybe his FB shows a double life?

ETA:when was his last post? And was he active at all from the day PH went missing till now? Anything indicating he travelled often or to Georgia frequently?
Several FB pages under "Diggum" Hampton. Diggum, is nickname (wish I were kidding).
No instagram. He has no middle name. No work experience. He does have family in GA. If you find out more....fill is in.

This, except I think we need to stand behind Paighton. We want to believe that the person who feels the greatest grief and loss is also the person who most understands the deceased and whom is the greatest advocate for justice and even though both those things may be true she still is powerfully in the depths of grief and not entirely rational. We all have seen how tight law enforcement is about information regarding this case. I think it's almost a sure thing that the friend(s) have given law enforcement more information than what law enforcement has shared with the mother and they've also probably told the friends to not speak to anyone else about that info. That's how law enforcement works, they want to know more than what the suspects know they know and information leaks faster in 2020 than it ever has in the history of ever. Yes, the friend probably was a bit evasive in the very beginning when she was still trying to hide partying from parents before the police got seriously involved and that is probably when she was in direct communication with Paighton's mom so Mom still has that taste in her mouth and she can't help but express her feelings at this unimaginably difficult time through social media which feeds the drama sharks but I truly believe at this point the friend(s) is/are actually cooperating fully with law enforcement and it's just that info is being kept secret from Paighton's mom just as much as it's being kept secret from us.

I have to disagree that suffocation would result in visible trauma to a body. In fact, positional asphyxia (the same thing that causes most Sudden Infant Death) is frequently the actual cause of drug related death, as well as aspiration of vomit though that's more likely to have been picked up in an initial medical examination

So again, it's very likely Paighton's COD will ultimately remain undetermined and we should all be keeping that in mind. It's difficult enough when the squad is called immediately and are able to see the scene and get cooperative statements. Toxicology will likely reveal that she did have drugs, opiods I'd wager, in her system but I doubt they'll be present in concentrations to definitely be fatal.

The reason law enforcement is saying this case is "very complicated" is that its going to be built on witness testimony (almost all cases ultimately are) and some of the witnesses are clearly uncooperative - though I don't believe Grace is.

At this point there are basically a range of scenarios from:

A) Paighton parties with Fred entirely of her own free will, dies while they're sleeping giving no indication of distress and Fred is so afraid of going back to prison that he hides the body

to

Z) Fred abducts Paighton, coerces her into a gang rape likely through the use of drugs and she dies as a result

Now considering Fred's criminal record clearly illustrates that he has kidnapped, coerced and gang raped in the past the truth seems very likely to be closer to Z but cases are not built on modus operandi. Justice is served through real facts being established which is much more difficult with hardened criminals. It's very likely that no one will be charged with homicide in this case but you better believe that the judge will consider the circumstances of whatever convictions the people can get and impose stiff sentencing. If Fred does ever get out of prison, he'll hopefully be too old to be a danger to his community any more and hopefully he'll take his accomplices with him.

ITA !

I also believe that even IF they do find the MOD / COD, and IF they can prove that PH death is due to foul play, it will be extremely difficult to PROVE who the guilty party(s) is/are.

Given what we know about the case thus far, even if LE can put all of the pieces together and those pieces lead to the arrest of an individual(s) for foul play, it will be extremely difficult to get a conviction if it turns out to be a circumstantial case.
Anything short of solid physical evidence linking the perp(s) to the actual COD, and/or a full confession, will lead to a nightmare case for the prosecution.

Between the changing stories of the witnesses and the multitude of allegations on social media, any good defense attorney is going to have a hay day planting the seeds of reasonable doubt to the jury.
MOO

If Fred does ever get out of prison, he'll hopefully be too old to be a danger to his community any more and hopefully he'll take his accomplices with him.

The Alabama Statute for Abuse of a Corpse reads:

Abuse of a corpse, Ala. Code § 13A-11-13.
It is a felony to treat a human corpse in a way that would outrage ordinary family sensibilities, unless the action is specifically allowed by law. Abuse of a corpse may include signing a certificate as having embalmed, cremated, or prepared a human body for burial when, in fact, the services were not performed as indicated. A finding of guilty for this offense must include a specific intent toward the corpse in question. The penalty for this crime is a term of imprisonment not to exceed ten years and/or a fine of up to $5,000.
Alabama Annotations - Burial Law Project - American University Washington College of Law

What else could they potentially get him on? Because he'll still be plenty young to cause harm in 10 years.

Hampton was initially held in the Birmingham City Jail on a 48-hour extension on suspicion of kidnapping beginning Saturday, Dec. 28, but was released two days later because investigators did not have enough to charge him with any crime.

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

Was there ever any clarification that the kidnapping suspicion on 12/28 was related to PH? Is there any possibility he was being held in connection to another kidnapping case? There were a few I have come across that occurred earlier in December.

I think back to the pages discussing how a black man couldn't possibly go unnoticed that night @ the TR. FH didn't. Also discussed were the predominate demographics of the crowd & type of music as reasons some posters didn't believe the story line. Bottom line, predators go where the prey is at.

I think back to the pages discussing how a black man couldn't possibly go unnoticed that night @ the TR. FH didn't. Also discussed were the predominate demographics of the crowd & type of music as reasons some posters didn't believe the story line. Bottom line, predators go where the prey is at.
No evidence to show that PH or FH were ever at the Tin Roof.

No evidence to show that PH or FH were ever at the Tin Roof.

The DA said in the interview linked previously that they know FH was at the Tin Roof. LE had also said previously that PH was last seen at the Tin Roof. That may be based on the testimony of the coworkers, but their testimony is still evidence. And we don’t know what other evidence they may have. So it is not accurate to say there is no evidence they were there.

The DA said in the interview linked previously that they know FH was at the Tin Roof. LE had also said previously that PH was last seen at the Tin Roof. That may be based on the testimony of the coworkers, but their testimony is still evidence. And we don’t know what other evidence they may have. So it is not accurate to say there is no evidence they were there.
The DA isn't doing the investigating, and if you read closely, that is not what he said at all. He said that it was based on the statements of her co-workers. As we know that the co-workers statements have been inconsistent, we do not have any evidence that anybody was there. Not saying there were or the weren't, only that there are no facts to support it. In fact, when the detective was asked about it at the press conference announcing the warrant, he had no comment, which should give you a clue, considering that it was police that stated she was last seen leaving Tin Roof with two heavy set black males. Seems that LE isn't sold on the idea that they were there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566