UK - US Diplomat's wife leaves UK after killing Harry Dunn, age 19, Northampton, Sept 2019 *suspended sentence*

She could always come back voluntarily as some have done previously. This is not going away and this will be on the internet, forever associated with her name and family.
MOO.

Given her behaviour to date I think that is highly unlikely. If she cared about her reputation she would have faced the consequences of what she had done instead of fleeing the country in a cowardly manner.

She could always come back voluntarily as some have done previously. This is not going away and this will be on the internet, forever associated with her name and family.
MOO.

Yep. She's actually made it worse and perhaps that is more of a punishment than the slapped wrist and minimal repercussions she would have faced. With a very unusual name like Sacoolas it's out there now forever and ever, for all her children and grandchildren to discover. Slow hand clap.

Yep. She's actually made it worse and perhaps that is more of a punishment than the slapped wrist and minimal repercussions she would have faced. With a very unusual name like Sacoolas it's out there now forever and ever, for all her children and grandchildren to discover. Slow hand clap.
Which makes me wonder, her name should now really go in the thread title as the decision to charge her has been made and UK have requested her extradition to face the charges.

Harry Dunn death: US says extradition request 'highly inappropriate'

There is no way the current U.S administration is going to extradite Mrs Sacoolas.

Sadly, I think you are right, given the kind of language coming from the State Department and the current charges.

Even still, the British might have some long term options:

A. Wait for a new administration as you stated.
B. Formally request that the US waive her diplomatic immunity? The current British extradition request seems to be based on a view that her level of diplomatic immunity does not cover that crime.

As a side note, the US once requested Georgia waive full diplomatic immunity for an ambassador who DUI'ed and killed somebody in DC.

Given the fact that the US once made such a request, I don't see how even the British request is "highly inappropriate".

Last edited:
If driving on the wrong side of the road is a common occurrence for US staff and dependants at the RAF base of Croughton, as this video shows Police examine new footage of car on wrong side of road near Harry Dunn RAF base , maybe they should not be allowed to drive until they have taken a course in how to drive safely in the UK and get a UK driving license.
ITA. We should immediately stop the procedure of allowing the import of their LHD vehicles here and only allow driving of RHD vehicles which would hopefully always remind them when they get in the car that we drive on the left here.

ITA. We should immediately stop the procedure of allowing the import of their LHD vehicles here and only allow driving of RHD vehicles which would hopefully always remind them when they get in the car that we drive on the left here.

It cannot be financially sensible to export a car over here, rather than just buying/leasing an RHD one. Meanwhile, someone needs to paint huge arrows on roads near US bases, especially this once since it seems there have been at least 3 incidents we know about.

It cannot be financially sensible to export a car over here, rather than just buying/leasing an RHD one. Meanwhile, someone needs to paint huge arrows on roads near US bases, especially this once since it seems there have been at least 3 incidents we know about.
The employing US department picks up the tab for the cost of shipping the vehicles and HHG to UK and back again after the tour normally so the incumbent doesn't pay. Usually two vehicles per household plus all the household goods. I agree about the road markings and signs. Cannot believe they haven't done that. We had a fatal accident on a bend near us recently and the council immediately put up new signs, new lower speed limit and road markings.

ETA I just zoomed in and watched the video of the car driving on the wrong side of the road (5 posts back) and it is clearly a RHD car so even that doesn't seem to work either. :-(

Last edited:
She knocked a kid off his bike and left him in the road to die - she needs to return to the UK to be held accountable. I hope justice is done for Harry and his family, fingers crossed.

She didn't leave him in the road to die. She stayed at the scene, was breathalysed and gave her details to police while Harry was taken to hospital - at that point he was still conscious and talking, though clearly badly injured.

It was another 2 weeks, during which she cooperated with police, before she secretly flew back to the US as soon as she discovered the diplomatic immunity was questionable.

Last edited:
Boris Johnson has said he will raise the "driving habits" of US personnel at an RAF base near where Harry Dunn died with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

The prime minister was speaking after footage emerged of a car being driven on the wrong side of the road near RAF Croughton.

The footage, captured on Friday, shows a blue BMW having to brake sharply on a road near the base.

A police vehicle was struck by a car on the wrong side of the same road in October.

Northamptonshire Chief Constable Nick Adderley said: "I want to be absolutely clear on the fact that these incidents just cannot keep happening."

He said he had requested a meeting with officials from the base to discuss road safety and that he expected it to take place next week.

Mr Johnson told Sky News: "We're certainly raising all those issues about the driving habits of US personnel at the base, and we're continuing to work for justice for Harry Dunn and for his family."

PM to raise RAF base 'driving habits' with US

America REFUSES to hand over diplomat's wife Anne Sacoolas who is accused of killing 19-year-old British biker Harry Dunn in crash near US airbase in Northamptonshire

America REFUSES to hand over diplomat's wife accused of killing 19-year-old British biker Harry Dun | Daily Mail Online

Well, America might find the UK doesn't play nicely next time they want one of our criminals sending over.

It's devastating for the Dunns not to see her face justice, but Sacoolas has made a big fat mess of this and it will haunt her forever.... and then it will follow her children, grandchildren, and everyone down the line, the name is tainted forever now. Imagine what her friends and family and neighbours must think. Imagine the judgemental looks she gets everywhere she goes. Slow clap for Anne 'the coward' Sacoolas. I think she's getting her comeuppance.

This may also have implications for Sacoolas to travel. She could just decide to go on a trip to Canada, or fly to Bermuda for a quick vacation. It is easy to leave the US, but she may be "red lined" on her passport, for extradition, and Canada or other countries would probably hand her over to UK in a heartbeat.

Well, America might find the UK doesn't play nicely next time they want one of our criminals sending over.

It's devastating for the Dunns not to see her face justice, but Sacoolas has made a big fat mess of this and it will haunt her forever.... and then it will follow her children, grandchildren, and everyone down the line, the name is tainted forever now. Imagine what her friends and family and neighbours must think. Imagine the judgemental looks she gets everywhere she goes. Slow clap for Anne 'the coward' Sacoolas. I think she's getting her comeuppance.

I fully expected Pompeo to refuse extradition -- just as I expect that he would be demanding it were the shoe on the other foot. And while I have no real insight into the Sacoolas family, I also suspect that she, and they, have been insulated from repercussions by the language of national service, sovereignty, diplomatic precedent, and so forth.

She could have gone back at several points, and even worked out a deal in advance to spare herself custodial time, which the Dunns would likely have supported. I can't imagine having to justify an act like this to oneself and one's family, friends and social circle -- but she seems to be managing it, so far.

Let's hope so. I wouldn't speak to her if she was my neighbour or relative.

This may also have implications for Sacoolas to travel. She could just decide to go on a trip to Canada, or fly to Bermuda for a quick vacation. It is easy to leave the US, but she may be "red lined" on her passport, for extradition, and Canada or other countries would probably hand her over to UK in a heartbeat.

Good point. And, good. Hope she is leading a miserable existence.

Well we all know what they say about Karma. That's not enough, my prayers for this family continue. They surely need all the support they can get.
Just shameful behavior all the way around the events after the accident that took the young man's life. Decency seems to have fallen by the wayside here. Not America's finest hour for sure. MOO

More bad news. The US turned down the United Kingdom's official request that diplomatic immunity be waived.
US denies extradition request for Anne Sacoolas, diplomat's wife who allegedly hit, killed British teen

In my opinion, this is a horrible decision and will set a very bad precedent should we ever need to make a request that a country waive diplomatic immunity.

Ironically, we did make a similar request in the past when a Georgian diplomat DUI’ed and killed a teenager. The request to waive immunity was honored by Georgia and the man was returned here for trial- well, returned with certain pre agreed conditions.

The former diplomat from Tiblisi , not Atlanta was guaranteed to serve time in the kinder, gentler federal system instead of local DC prisons and given a light sentence followed by convenient early release. But… the diplomat was returned to the US by Georgia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...s-death/2de70f74-e021-4e73-b262-6e6f3f683e45/
Georgia diplomat freed years early

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member