Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to figure out a scenario where an eye witness could have provided testimony that PH died on McClain, without that eye witness also being arrested. Now if they called LE immediately and said something like "this is what I saw" before she was even reported missing, then it makes sense they'd not be in jail - but not if they held out and withheld vital info from the investigation. I tend to lean more toward physical evidence, such as whatever "cloth" she was wrapped in. If it was a sheet, maybe the matching sheet (flat or fitted) was still at the house, and missing it's matching piece? Just speculating of course.

Someone could have been at the McClain house doing drugs with them, witnessed PH OD, and be aware the FH took her to Hueytown and buried her, without the eye witness having committed any crime. The eyewitness could have reported this via crime stoppers or otherwise. Unless the person lies to police, they would not be obstructing justice. There is no crime committed by being a witness and not reporting a crime. You just can’t lie to the police.

Someone could have been at the McClain house doing drugs with them, witnessed PH OD, and be aware the FH took her to Hueytown and buried her, without the eye witness having committed any crime. The eyewitness could have reported this via crime stoppers or otherwise. Unless the person lies to police, they would not be obstructing justice. There is no crime committed by being a witness and not reporting a crime. You just can’t lie to the police.
There was mention that valuable tips came in through Crimestoppers. I had forgotten about that, so good catch.

"Authorities found Alabama woman Paighton Houston buried in a “small hole” around two weeks after she disappeared, and officials say that the help of credible tipsters led them to her. “Crime Stoppers received several very good tips that were helpful in the Paighton Houston investigation and one or more persons will get a reward,” Chairman of Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama, Frank Barefield said, according to WBRC. Paighton Houston: ‘Very good’ Crime Stoppers tipsters credited for leading police to missing Alabama woman

Please provide a link to this info - the FB page isn't a WS approved source link - or source at all, unless there's a MSM or LE link.

I always wondered about hearing something on a newscast with no way to link it. If it could be used. Now this is strange. I was on the Justice facebook page & this video popped up of the TT newscast. I assumed the TT newscast was legit even though I saw it on the Justice facebook & that is why I mentioned it may be on the TT website. Well I checked & it is. I will link the Trussville Tribune website. BTW any thoughts on what I said? tia

@bwt42 - there was no official FB page for PH for case updates by admin or family spokesperson. Closed FB groups are not approved for posting or discussion on WS.

Would like your input on what I said? A legitimate MSM post on a closed FB. Or must I find it on the sources website?

I always wondered about hearing something on a newscast with no way to link it. If it could be used. Now this is strange. I was on the Justice facebook page & this video popped up of the TT newscast. I assumed the TT newscast was legit even though I saw it on the Justice facebook & that is why I mentioned it may be on the TT website. Well I checked & it is. I will link the Trussville Tribune website. BTW any thoughts on what I said? tia

I did see the video on their page here (and since this is the SM page of a legit MSM outfit, it's an approved source). Not really sure there is much to think of him being known as Buck. He doesn't use his real name on FB either. I'm not really sure there's much to make of him being known to be from Brighton, either. I suppose he's just known to be from where he spends most of his time? Just a guess.

ETA: weird the actual link doesn't show - here it is again https:// www.facebook.com/TheTrussvilleTribune/videos/3390212327718838/

Jefferson County DA in Bessemer says Paighton Houston case should not be tried on social media

Jan 20, 2020

“I’m confident that at some point he will be apprehended,” said Washington. “No matter where he goes, I think he will be apprehended.”

The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is actively searching for Hampton. Detectives with the sheriff’s office have been working the case since Houston’s body was found in a shallow grave in Hueytown, on Jan. 3, 2020.

[..]

Washington said the well-trained investigators on the case are committed to justice.

“We have a court system and we don’t try cases on social media,” Washington said. “There are people who have paid a lot of money and who have received a great deal of training to be able to be competent and to carry out cases in a manner in which they should be handled, lawfully and tactfully.”

Washington said social media is not a great place to conduct investigations or court.

“People are naturally inquisitive, but we need people who have taken an oath and have a commitment to justice to make sure it’s balanced,” she explained.

Washington said she believes in the investigators who are following every lead possible. Her main concern is for the family of Paighton Houston.

“I want closure for this family and this is too important,” she said. “We have too many of our young ladies, our babies, our teenagers, whose lives have been prematurely taken and for whatever reason, we need to know why.”

Families of victims often deal with difficult emotions. Washington knows those emotions can be unintentionally compounded by social media.

[..]
The medical examiner’s office did not find trauma on her body that would have led to her death. The sheriff’s office did not find evidence that Houston was taken against her will or by force.

Jefferson County Coroner Bill Yates said toxicology results are partially complete but that information will not be released until all tests are completed in 4 – 6 weeks.

Washington said this is an ongoing investigation and prosecutors and investigators want to be cautious when releasing information that could jeopardize the case. ^^bbm

ETA:
I mentioned earlier that much information is obtained in the preliminary autopsy and corroborated with early tox. LE knows what they are working with and why there's no publically visible urgency for the search of FH. There's emphasis that FH is wanted for abuse of a corpse and not manslaughter.

In the full article -- I think DA also implies how grieving families can be exploited in social media.

Last edited:
There was mention that valuable tips came in through Crimestoppers. I had forgotten about that, so good catch.

"Authorities found Alabama woman Paighton Houston buried in a “small hole” around two weeks after she disappeared, and officials say that the help of credible tipsters led them to her. “Crime Stoppers received several very good tips that were helpful in the Paighton Houston investigation and one or more persons will get a reward,” Chairman of Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama, Frank Barefield said, according to WBRC. Paighton Houston: ‘Very good’ Crime Stoppers tipsters credited for leading police to missing Alabama woman

This is an excellent announcement, IMHO. Perhaps it will 'incentivize' others with information to come forward, for the money if not just because it is the right thing to do.

I'm trying to figure out a scenario where an eye witness could have provided testimony that PH died on McClain, without that eye witness also being arrested. Now if they called LE immediately and said something like "this is what I saw" before she was even reported missing, then it makes sense they'd not be in jail - but not if they held out and withheld vital info from the investigation. I tend to lean more toward physical evidence, such as whatever "cloth" she was wrapped in. If it was a sheet, maybe the matching sheet (flat or fitted) was still at the house, and missing it's matching piece? Just speculating of course.
DA's use of the word "discovered" makes me think physical evidence. Maybe a tip lead to the house and then they found physical evidence (just speculating). I wonder if a nonviolent death could leave physical evidence that could be checked for DNA.

DA's use of the word "discovered" makes me think physical evidence. Maybe a tip lead to the house and then they found physical evidence (just speculating). I wonder if a nonviolent death could leave physical evidence that could be checked for DNA.

I hate to even post this, however, as it has been brought up, this could be a possibility. LE may have determined she died via a tip that lead to the house, then discovery of post mortem body fluids matching PH's DNA. Or, it could be just as simple as a witness to her death testifying to LE of the fact. Or both. Or neither. MOO

Jefferson County DA in Bessemer says Paighton Houston case should not be tried on social media

Jan 20, 2020

“I’m confident that at some point he will be apprehended,” said Washington. “No matter where he goes, I think he will be apprehended.”

The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is actively searching for Hampton. Detectives with the sheriff’s office have been working the case since Houston’s body was found in a shallow grave in Hueytown, on Jan. 3, 2020.

[..]

Washington said the well-trained investigators on the case are committed to justice.

“We have a court system and we don’t try cases on social media,” Washington said. “There are people who have paid a lot of money and who have received a great deal of training to be able to be competent and to carry out cases in a manner in which they should be handled, lawfully and tactfully.”

Washington said social media is not a great place to conduct investigations or court.

“People are naturally inquisitive, but we need people who have taken an oath and have a commitment to justice to make sure it’s balanced,” she explained.

Washington said she believes in the investigators who are following every lead possible. Her main concern is for the family of Paighton Houston.

“I want closure for this family and this is too important,” she said. “We have too many of our young ladies, our babies, our teenagers, whose lives have been prematurely taken and for whatever reason, we need to know why.”

Families of victims often deal with difficult emotions. Washington knows those emotions can be unintentionally compounded by social media.

[..]
The medical examiner’s office did not find trauma on her body that would have led to her death. The sheriff’s office did not find evidence that Houston was taken against her will or by force.

Jefferson County Coroner Bill Yates said toxicology results are partially complete but that information will not be released until all tests are completed in 4 – 6 weeks.

Washington said this is an ongoing investigation and prosecutors and investigators want to be cautious when releasing information that could jeopardize the case. ^^bbm

ETA:
I mentioned earlier that much information is obtained in the preliminary autopsy and corroborated with early tox. LE knows what they are working with and why there's no publically visible urgency for the search of FH. There's emphasis that FH is wanted for abuse of a corpse and not manslaughter.

In the full article -- I think DA also implies how grieving families can be exploited in social media.

I'm still thinking the simplest theory is the right one here and if we consider what LE has released as you outlined above, it all fits. And as I always feel is necessary to highlight, whatever the cause, she's a victim who lost her life much too soon. Moo

I hate to even post this, however, as it has been brought up, this could be a possibility. LE may have determined she died via a tip that lead to the house, then discovery of post mortem body fluids matching PH's DNA. Or, it could be just as simple as a witness to her death testifying to LE of the fact. Or both. Or neither. MOO

Since FH didn't tell LE he buried PH, someone else had to. That led LE to arrest FH for kidnapping since they had no body & if the person who informed LE knew where she was buried they would have told them. Now that LE had a poi FH they started looking for burial spots. Could have canvassed the areas that he frequented which might have generated a tip of suspicious activity in one of those areas. jmo

I'm not sure that speaking publicly is the best option, either, and doesn't always stop the masses from harassment. ML's ex-wife was also getting harassed and death threats.

I'm not sure of their involvement but at this point, clearly LE is focused elsewhere at least publicly and I couldn't imagine being in my early 20s, losing my friend, and being harassed and named on the internet if I had no malicious involvement. If anyone with her that night knows more information, I hope they come forward but I'm personally (moo) doubtful of any criminal wrongdoing by co-workers.

PH needs to be the focus and LE must believe has the answers they need. Moo

Of course, not all are going to share the same opinion, I respect that. But, if I miss it, let me know if or when JA hires Michigan's top 'glove don't fit,' or breaking bad's (sic)imo bad copy cat, 'LE promised us not one scintilla of evidence against my client,' Criminal Defense Attorney, (hand signaling ok now, whatever a fool wishes to believe), to facilitate all conversation between himself and LE, and I may change my opinion of his mindfulness, openness, honesty, integrity, good character, and total innocence. Regardless, it will hopefully be solved, and if they are a star witness, totally innocent of any relation or charge, they will have earned all respect earned and due. Imo, in this case none of the ghost image known co worker(s), plural, have earned respect and trust because I have seen no advocating and fighting for justice from those last to see her, no stapling missing posters, begging whoever has (their) friend to please release her, or any cooperation, the only odd MSM advocate, is imo a slick, sleaxy & slimey well paid Criminal Defense Attorney.

Of course, not all are going to share the same opinion, I respect that. But, if I miss it, let me know if or when JA hires Michigan's top 'glove don't fit,' or breaking bad's (sic)imo bad copy cat, 'LE promised us not one scintilla of evidence against my client,' Criminal Defense Attorney, (hand signaling ok now, whatever a fool wishes to believe), to facilitate all conversation between himself and LE, and I may change my opinion of his mindfulness, openness, honesty, integrity, good character, and total innocence. Regardless, it will hopefully be solved, and if they are a star witness, totally innocent of any relation or charge, they will have earned all respect earned and due. Imo, in this case none of the ghost image known co worker(s), plural, have earned respect and trust because I have seen no advocating and fighting for justice from those last to see her, no stapling missing posters, begging whoever has (their) friend to please release her, or any cooperation, the only odd MSM advocate, is imo a slick, sleaxy & slimey well paid Criminal Defense Attorney.
Respectfully, there is no proof that co-workers have not done those things. Publicly in the media? No. But, truthfully, I wouldn't either if I was getting death threats. I would obtain an attorney, too, especially if I maybe had family connections. LE often asks witnesses (including those last seen with I presume) to not share details they may have given to LE with the public.
I'm sure you also may be familiar or have heard of cases in which friends/family have put themselves front and center in the media and later turned out guilty (Chris Watts is a recent one). MOO

I believe this may be true in individual circumstances and crimes. The severity of covering one's arse or lying that may have prevented a logical reasonable assumption a crime may have been prevented or stopped before the worse of circumstances, death occurred.

How tied you are to the criminal, in home, or witnessing a stranger commit a crime in a supermarket or on a busy NY street.

There have been, imo, innocent teens, imprisoned for life, because of impulsive crimes their friends they were riding along with decided to do without letting them know, while they waited for them to return to the car. Guilt by association is real, although, I do not know if this legislation has passed in the state of Alabama or not.

Respectfully, there is no proof that co-workers have not done those things. Publicly in the media? No. But, truthfully, I wouldn't either if I was getting death threats. I would obtain an attorney, too, especially if I maybe had family connections. LE often asks witnesses (including those last seen with I presume) to not share details they may have given to LE with the public.
I'm sure you also may be familiar or have heard of cases in which friends/family have put themselves front and center in the media and later turned out guilty (Chris Watts is a recent one). MOO

Familial homicides are another side of the coin. And, this case is not even remotely close to one. I will keep my position, because these supposed friends have done nothing supportive or caring except cover their own arses, imo. Those are fair weathered friends. Nothing is stopping a great friend from taking a stand and pro active stance, no matter what, for a friend that someone else has hurt, imo.
No matter how large, scary, or dangerous, if a stranger hurts my friend and buries them, making their mom cry, I am going at them like an alley cat, advocating publicly for the return of my missing friend, and starting search teams to start canvassing forests in city, trashcans, and close road/forest areas off highways, the most common place a stranger/abduction/killer dumps off a body.
Chris Watts, imo, was a complete awkward idiot, guilty and it showed in his public cry out, or giggling, pales in comparison and a complete 180 to JA's statement, honesty, compassion to others, and openness. So, I do agree, the guilty, should stay away from the cameras or find a lawyer, criminal, to recommend no way in heck, you make a statement or speak to the media, knowing their guilt.

Familial homicides are another side of the coin. And, this case is not even remotely close to one. I will keep my position, because these supposed friends have done nothing supportive or caring except cover their own arses, imo. Those are fair weathered friends. Nothing is stopping a great friend from taking a stand and pro active stance, no matter what, for a friend that someone else has hurt, imo.
No matter how large, scary, or dangerous, if a stranger hurts my friend and buries them, making their mom cry, I am going at them like an alley cat, advocating publicly for the return of my missing friend, and starting search teams to start canvassing forests in city, trashcans, and close road/forest areas off highways, the most common place a stranger/abduction/killer dumps off a body.
Chris Watts, imo, was a complete awkward idiot, guilty and it showed in his public cry out, or giggling, pales in comparison and a complete 180 to JA's statement, honesty, compassion to others, and openness. So, I do agree, the guilty, should stay away from the cameras or find a lawyer, criminal, to recommend no way in heck, you make a statement or speak to the media, knowing their guilt.
I don't think obtaining an attorney is only for the guilty. I find it reasonable if one finds themselves in the middle of a missing persons and death investigation of a friend when being harassed and judged.
I also would never pretend to know what these co-workers or friends have done. We have no idea what information they have given to LE or even what information they have. I find it irresponsible and dangerous to assume their lack of media presence or obtaining an attorney suggests they are suspicious or involved in some way. Seeking justice means seeking the truth. I trust LE is well on their way and doesn't need our help beyond reporting any sightings of FH. MOO

Who is JA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members