GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The two hit men who have been convicted of murdering Dan Markel both point fingers to the ex-wife, Wendi Adelson, and her family, as having orchestrated and financed the hit.”

WAIT.

WTF????

Luis Rivera said on tape (below). Luis said Garcia told him it was Wendi or the lady. Read the article and decide yourself what makes sense. Wendi is still VERY close to her mom and brother Charlie, not her brother Rob however. He escaped with a moral compass somehow and by the skin of his teeth (listen to OMDB).

Re Garcia: From my recollection, multiple jail snitches (while not 100% verifiable of course :)) have come forward and on record to say something to this effect -- Garcia told them in prison 1) he shot Dan Markel 2) the motive was for a woman to "get those kids" or something similar. One said Donna or "Don" was the paymaster. I believe Garcia also called this woman EVIL. But def the Adelson family. Garcia is a CHATTY KATHY. That's the best we are going to get from him since he is openly saying he is going to defend Katherine Magbanua, the mother of his kids, who faces a retrial in a few months. But no, Sigfreido Garcia never went on record saying Wendi is the ONE if that is what the "WTF" is referencing.

While the author stated it definitively, it's a bit murkier on Garcia's side. Obvi the incentive to protect the mom of his kids is HIGH. But there such is a heck of a lot of smoke with multiple peeps who say Garcia told them it's the Adelsons. I guess it will have to do.

I am not the writer of the piece, btw, just trying to do my best to make sense of this case and facts out there - from the sidelines.

The Dan Markel Case: Luis Rivera Points The Finger At Wendi Adelson
The Dan Markel Case: Luis Rivera Points The Finger At Wendi Adelson

Last edited:
And another one...

The Adelsons hometown paper with these quotes -

“Someday, the Markel boys — whose mother changed their last name after their father’s murder — will Google their names, and will learn that their grandparents and extended family didn’t abandon them, and that they tried everything they could to be in their lives, including attempts to change Florida law to do so,” said Jeremy Hockenstein, Markel’s friend.

and to put it bluntly -

"Advocates for the measure say they are also motivated by the desire to create a disincentive for other families who may see murder as a way to gain total control of children."

What are the parents at the Markel's boys school thinking watching Wendi casually going about her day in the dropoff line and then Donna doing the pick-up? I'd be so grossed out to have that in my daily periphery, especially after all this press.

Bill would let parents of murdered FSU law professor see their grandkids.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/po...I3sqxSWPF7CWw0OENRvoxLDVjVGy9QH5tAMoz5zHKZ9r4

Last edited:
AND ANOTHER ONE. Written by a family lawyer who is advocating for the bill, not outraged by it.

Markel case illustrates gap in family law for grandparents | Opinion

“While Markel’s sons live with their mother — and are in the regular care of the very family members whose role, if any, in the murder is still to be determined — Dan Markel’s parents are forbidden by law to contact their grandsons in a way that strikes most people as surprising, wrong and cold.”

Markel case illustrates gap in family law for grandparents | Opinion

uh, yeah.

This saga is loaded with awfulness.

Wendi's best friend and one-woman PR team is a woman named Tova Walsh. She's been in the media defending Wendi (and tangentially the Adelsons) -- in both 2020 specials. Also, if I recall correctly, she was a witness for Wendi in the divorce - per court records. Lastly, Wendi said in her only taped convo with the police the day Danny was shot, that her friend, a double Ph.D., alluded to the fact that Danny was practicing bad parenting by eating breakfast with his sons at Creative Preschool. That it was better for their development to eat with their peers. Maybe it wasn't just Wendi's family getting unnecessary involved?

Here is a little more I found out about Tova:

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 12.38.12 PM.png
Dr. Tova Walsh
Walsh, Tova
Research interests: child & family wellbeing; relationship disruptions and repair; parenting interventions in early childhood; military families; fathers and fathering

So, Tova Walsh, WHERE IS YOUR OP-ED in defense of Wendi's decision to keep Danny's sons away from his family? She needs you more than ever. Is it you counseling her not to allow phone calls with Danny's parents for safety reasons?

How can smart people be so gullible?
How do these people look at themselves in the mirror?
I mean, COME ON.

IMO :)

Interesting excerpt from the Tampa Bay Times:

Lawmakers want parents of murdered professor to see grandkids

"Markel was murdered in 2014 and, although state prosecutors have not made any arrests of family members, they have identified the brother and mother of his ex-wife as “persons of interest’’ and contend that Markel’s former wife, Wendi Adelson, financed the murder-for-hire hit on her former husband. They say the investigation remains open."

RBBM. I've never heard that the state was formally contending that WA financed the hit. If it's a misprint, WA's attorney must have dropped the ball in failing to demand a retraction (it's a 1/14 piece). If it's verifiable, this is huge.

Interesting excerpt from the Tampa Bay Times:

Lawmakers want parents of murdered professor to see grandkids

"Markel was murdered in 2014 and, although state prosecutors have not made any arrests of family members, they have identified the brother and mother of his ex-wife as “persons of interest’’ and contend that Markel’s former wife, Wendi Adelson, financed the murder-for-hire hit on her former husband. They say the investigation remains open."

RBBM. I've never heard that the state was formally contending that WA financed the hit. If it's a misprint, WA's attorney must have dropped the ball in failing to demand a retraction (it's a 1/14 piece). If it's verifiable, this is huge.
This is amazing! The whole article is fantastic and I sure hope the Markels can see their grandchildren.

If you scroll back in time through various discussion boards, there’s been a pattern of claims like this being published, then retracted almost immediately.

The fact that these claims aren’t being retracted is noteworthy. We should keep an eye on this.

Remember when David Lat told websleuthsers to “slow our roll” or we could get sued? - for even hypothesizing about this?

If you scroll back in time through various discussion boards, there’s been a pattern of claims like this being published, then retracted almost immediately.

The fact that these claims aren’t being retracted is noteworthy. We should keep an eye on this.

Remember when David Lat told websleuthsers to “slow our roll” or we could get sued? - for even hypothesizing about this?
Great point. The article was published on the 14th and updated on that same day. It still reads exactly the way it was quoted today. This is a small, but significant sign- IMO.

To be fair, IMPAC Fund ‘s Facebook page hasn’t removed any photos or anything, I guess they continue to endorse/support.
Sept 10 2019 rbbm.
''And speaking of Wendi Adelson… Jason Solomon, a friend of Dan Markel, has started an online petition that’s essentially an open letter to Wendi, urging her to allow Dan’s parents, Ruth and Phil Markel, to see their two grandchildren. As of this writing, the petition has 657 signatures; you can review and sign it here.

The case for allowing the Markels to see their grandchildren, whom they have not seen for more than three years, is exceedingly strong. If the petition isn’t enough for you, read Solomon’s thoughtful and compelling Medium essay on the subject.

To be sure, Solomon’s piece has a provocative title — What Should Happen When Your Mom and Brother Murder Your Ex? — but in terms of its content, it’s quite fair-minded. It acknowledges the arguments against allowing the Markels to see their grandkids (which it then refutes, in my view persuasively). And unlike many of the armchair sleuths who follow the case, Solomon expresses the view that Wendi was not involved in the planning of her ex-husband’s murder.

In other news about Wendi Adelson, it appears that she’s no longer the executive director of the IMPAC Fund, a position she assumed in the summer of 2017. If you go to the website of the immigration-focused nonprofit, you’ll see that Kathy Bird Carvajal is now its executive director.

What’s Wendi Adelson up to now? We don’t know. Her LinkedIn profile still lists her as ED of the IMPAC Fund. Whether her departure from the organization has anything to do with the Markel case is also unclear.

My guess is no. Mike Fernandez, the billionaire founder of the Fund, has already spoken out in defense of Wendi, who disclosed the circumstances surrounding her ex-husband’s death to the Fund prior to her appointment.

And as one source of mine who knows Wendi socially told me, Fernandez is just one of several high-profile, civic-minded individuals who have embraced Wendi since her return to South Florida. It’s quite possible that Wendi, through these connections, has found another job.''

That’s right, Justice for Dan/Solomon has been pretty consistent on this. What’s weird is lawyers like this who should know better giving opinions while supposedly understanding the process of investigations. IIRC they even kept arguing the theory that Rabbis did it, which was always silly.
So to be fair there are still supporters who publicly argue innocence.

That’s right, Justice for Dan/Solomon has been pretty consistent on this. What’s weird is lawyers like this who should know better-giving opinions while supposedly understanding the process of investigations. IIRC they even kept arguing the theory that Rabbis did it, which was always silly.
So to be fair, there are still supporters who publicly argue innocence.

Which is fair and something to ponder.

Perhaps it's a way in which they can say their piece without alienating Wendi completely. To keep a door cracked open for the possibility of Danny's family's ability to speak or see his sons ever again. With Wendi isolating those boys to the "Adelson murder den", she still can control her narrative somewhat.

Wendi appeared like she had something in the works to make the reunion happen on the stand, but that IMO seems to have been another lie, amongst other things she said on the stand.

NEWSFLASH -- you can't write a book about hating Tallahassee and tell everyone who will listen you hated it and felt trapped there then to fast forward to the witness stand and say you LOVED IT and wanted to stay. We are not valedictorians, but we are not stupid, Mrs. Bear.

Like Lacasse said about Wendi on the police tape, "the ease as to which she lies is really disturbing" or something along those lines.

I, prob like the Adelsons defenders, would love to hear a plausible explanation as to why -- what has been laid out as facts and motive -- is not accurate from the Adelson's perspective. I MEAN, Sigfredo Garcia CALLED Harvey Adelson's phone. How could that have happened? Seriously?

This is my opinion which is just informed conjecture.

Just a friendly reminder. Taken one month before the murder. Father's day weekend 2014. They had A LOT to smile about.

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 9.56.13 AM.png

Last edited:
To be fair, IMPAC Fund ‘s Facebook page hasn’t removed any photos or anything, I guess they continue to endorse/support.

Have you read the comments on IMPAC's posts that mention her? I saw one on Twitter or Insta the other day with Wendi doing something classroom"y" with a photo op posted. Someone commented, "Ya'll have a murderer as your Executive Director? Wow."

I don't get why they don't do a little housekeeping now she's out. Those comments are like EVERGREEN BAD PRESS. Don't get me started on the Youtube comments. IMO

SCROLL THESE COMMENTS on this IMPAC FUND promotional video:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads